To exercise the right to vote You must have the Personal Identification Document (DPI). You want to know more? Keep reading!
What is the Supreme Electoral Tribunal?
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal in the electoral field is the highest authority, works independently and is not subject to any other State entity.
Its operation is established in the Electoral Law and political parties, according to article 21 of this same law. Created in 1983 with the purpose of guaranteeing free and sovereign elections in Guatemala.
Between the functions and obligations of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal, we will mention some of those established in Article 125:
- Be a guarantor of faithful compliance with the constitutionof compliance with the laws, and provisions by citizens at the time of exercising their right to participation.
- Define within parameters established on the date of the organization’s call for elections, as well as the delivery of the results: issue the validity of the elections, notify citizens of the declaration of their election.
- Resolve about registration, suspension, cancellation of structures and/or political parties.
- Appoint new members of the departmental and municipal electoral boards as well as the free removal of any of them, prior justified causes.
- Investigate or resolve any complaint, as long as it is within its powers, as well as informing the competent authorities of the cases if any arise.
- Request the assistance of officials of public order during the development of electoral processes.
- Respond to requests and consultations made by citizens and political structures, referring to the facts framed within their competence.
- Review of the electoral documentation.
- Create the internal regulations of the TSE and that of all electoral organizations.
How to know where to vote?
A through the following options You can check where to vote:
- through the Web page: Through this link you can consult the voting center just by knowing the DPI number and date of birth, and then validating the recaptcha box.
- Through the call center: through the number 2470-2700 or by the text messaging platform 555-222.
- Also in all TSE delegations.
What do I need to vote?
According to TSE spokesman Luis Gerardo Ramírez, It is recommended that citizens who live throughout the territory at the national level, meet the following requirements at the time of exercising their right to vote:
- not carry Firearms.
- they are forbidden take photos and/or record the ballot.
- Attend the polling place in your right mind (to avoid being drunk)
- Do not attend with any type of identification from any political party.
Also exist Other requirements that must be taken into accountApart from those already mentioned:
- Be a Guatemalan citizen and have reached the age of majority.
- You must own your DPI.
- Know your registration number.
- Be registered.
- Know your voting center.
Websites to know the voting centers in Guatemala
Now they present the links to consult the polling stations to whom their electoral participation is registered.
Websites to learn how to vote outside of Guatemala
through these links they will be able to consult and in turn go to the respective embassy of the country in which they are located.
What do the five ballots mean?
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE) determined that citizens must mark with an «X» or any other sign the box of the candidates to choose, as well as notified that leaving the box could imply the annulment of the vote.
Notably any sign that carries other pictures or any note or modification in the same will annul the suffrage. It is noteworthy that visually impaired voters will receive ballots in braille.
The only ballot that will have the photographs of the candidates and the logos of the parties, will be the ballot corresponding to the candidacy of the president and vice president, as well as the mayor of the capital.
When it’s time to exercise your right to voteyou will be presented with five (05) ballots of different colors, each of them corresponding to different models of candidacies, which we will mention below:
- White ballot. It is the same for the whole country. The vice president and the president are voted in respectively. Nineteen (19) presidential duets will be found on this ballot.
- Green. It is used nationally. It serves to elect the thirty-two (32) Deputies to Congress by National List.
- Light blue. It has small variations in the different departments of Guatemala. The logos of the parties also vary in position The position in which the logos of the parties appear also varies. It serves to elect the one hundred and twenty-eight (128) Deputies to Congress for different districts.
- Pink. Each Municipality has a different one, there are 340 different ones. With this color of ballot, the Mayors and municipal corporations are elected.
- Yellow. It is the same nationally. Twenty (20) regular Deputies and twenty (20) substitute Deputies are elected to Parlacen.
What is suffrage?
It is constitutional law that all citizens have to exercise the vote, in order to elect candidates for public office. It is exercised from the age of majority.
What is the invalid vote?
I know will consider the vote void when the mark leaves the box intended for it.
What is the TSE?
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal, at the electoral level in Guatemala, it is the highest authority. It does not depend on any other state body.
What is the State?
It’s a cluster of institutions with the power and that they have all the authority to establish rules and regulations in all areas, which allow a society to be regulated.
How do I find out where to vote in Guatemala?
You can consult through the following link the polling place in which he would have to exercise his right to vote.
What should not be done at polling stations?
- Possess Firearms.
- be identified with any political party.
- record or take pictures inside the facilities of the electoral center and to the ballots themselves.
- Go to the polling place in a state of drunkness.
Do I need to present my DPI to vote?
If required have it and current.
Is there any priority for voters?
Pregnant women will have priority. people with disabilities, older adults, women with children in their arms.
What is Dry Law?
It is the prohibition of consumption of alcoholic beverages During the electoral process, whoever incurs this offense will be referred to the PNC Court.
How many ballots will be delivered to the voter?
Five (05) ballots will be delivered to the voter for president and vice president; Deputies by National list, by District and Parlacen, and Mayor.
Can Guatemalans outside the country vote for mayor?
No they can `t. They may only exercise their right to vote by the President and Vice President.
We read each other!
Related articles that may interest you