As every boy or girl has the right to identification, one of the first documents that is processed for this is the RENAP birth certificate. Find out here everything you need to be able to get here!
What the birth certificate?
The birth certificate It is a document where the birth of a boy or girl is writtenInstead, in this document, it presents several data related to the birth of the new human being, such as the name of the parents, where he was born, the day and time of birth, among other data.
This document is issued by the National Register of RENAP Personnel, which is the institution in charge of the identification documents of Guatemalans.
What is the document for?
The utility of this birth certificate issued by RENAP it can be for several procedures, since in this document you can see the origin of a person, something that is requested by several institutions that need to know the data of the person who is registered in them
In turn the birth certificate can be requested by some of these procedures:
- Enrollment in educational institutions.
- Application for Personal Identification Document DPIin the event that the document is used for the first time.
- to process the passport.
- In case a person want to get married or divorced.
- The birth certificate it can also be requested to claim an inheritance.
What is RENAP?
The organization RENAPwhich is better known as the National Registry of Personsis an autonomous institution which is in charge of the civil registry of people, which is where the identifications of natural persons are made.
This institution is where the certificate is issued. Personal Identification Document DPIwhich is the identity card in Guatemala, a document to identify a person specifying their nationality, their date of birth and their full name.
Something that must be taken into account is that this institution also issues the RENAP birth certificatewhich is the reason why this topic is being explained, which is the basis on which the Personal Identification Document DPI.
What are the functions of RENAP?
Throughout the reading it has already been mentioned that the RENAP It is the National Registry of Persons, which mentions that it is the institution in charge of the identification of citizens in a country, but what has not been mentioned is all the activities that this registry should be in charge of.
Well, to get rid of that doubt about the other activities that RENAP carries out, everything that it really does is going to be mentioned:
- Manage all registrations of your competitionincluding the days when they should be carried out.
- Registers births, marriages, deaths, divorces, as well as changes in marital status. All in order to register Guatemalans according to their condition.
- Issue identification documents for both national and foreign use (Personal Identification Document DPI and Passport).
- Reports the Supreme Electoral Tribunal all the people who have Guatemalan nationality.
- Notify the Public Ministry, police, judicial authorities and other state entitiesthe information they have about the citizen they are investigating.
- Keep facial and fingerprint records up to date in an orderly manner for when it is necessary to use them.
- Carry out identification of those people who are disputes, for illicit activities.
What services do you offer?[/su_highlight]
It has already been mentioned of all the activities you have to do RENAP National Registry of Personsbut it is necessary to mention what are the services that this institution provides apart from processing the RENAP birth certificate.
The services offered by RENAP are the following:
- issuance of Personal Identification Document DPI
- Processing certificates such as:
- digitized image.
- Registration in RENAP.
- Preparation of proof of:
- medical record.
- Procedure for proof of denial of:
- emission of Personal Identification Document DPI.
- Impossibility of issuance.
- Registration of marriage, death and divorce certificates.
- Name change.
- Adoption procedures.
- Registration of guardian of a minor.
- Guatemalan naturalization.
- foreign domilization.
How to process the birth certificate?
As it is essential to acquire the certificate, this part of the reading will indicate everything that must be done to be able to process the certificate. This document, as mentioned above, must be processed in RENAP National Registry of Persons
The RENAP birth certificate It can be obtained if these requirements are acquired and the steps that are going to be mentioned below are followed:
The requirements needed to obtain the birth certificate are the following:
- Personal Identity Document DPIfrom the mother and the father or only from the mother if that is the case.
- In the event that the boy or girl is presented by a person other than their parents, they must also show their DPI if they are relatives of the minor.
- The birth report issued by the health center, the doctor, the midwife, the nurse who attended the birth. This report must be accredited either by the Ministry of Health, the fire department or local authority to be valid.
- If the report is not prepared as mentioned in the previous point, a legalization signed by the parents or only the mother must be made.
There are other requirements that must also be requested because you have to comply with the Article 16 of the Board Agreement Number 104-2015 of RENAP National Registry of Persons.
- It must show the ornament ticket corresponding year. The people who are exempt from delivering this document are those who pay the arbitrator, the registrations and those who have a judicial resolution.
- The form who delivers the RENAP National Registry of Persons that corresponds to this type of inscriptions.
- In the event that the registration is extemporaneous, it must be delivered the proof of payment to carry out the procedure.
Requirements for extemporaneous RENAP birth certificate for minors.
It may be that for some reason or reason the minor cannot perform the birth certificate on time, something that causes more requirements to be requested as it is a special case. This is what needs to be delivered:
- Personal Identification Document DPI of the appearing party.
- must be provided all the necessary information of both the parents of the minor and the information of the same.
- The record of refusal of registration for those who were born after 2009, issued by RENAP National Registry of Persons.
- You need to submit these documents:
- birth report.
- Proof of the authorities of the municipality where the minor was born.
- Certificate or record of the studies carried out by the minor.
This is all that the RENAP National Registry of Persons in order to process the RENAP birth certificate
Steps to follow
Today you can process RENAP birth certificate online so people have to be involved in doing various procedures just to get this document.
Follow the steps below to acquire the obtain this document:
- The first thing to do is create a user in the portal RENAP National Registry of Persons.
- If you are not registered, you must press the register option and fill out the form.
- Once you are registered, enter the system and select the option to birth certificate.
- At the moment of being in the part requesting the RENAP birth certificateyou must enter all the data requested by the system.
- Finally, the payment of the procedure is made, with the credit card for the amount 19 quetzales.
With all the steps already completed, the system will generate the certificate so that it can be printed.
If for any reason you cannot carry out the online procedure, you should go to any of the offices of the RENAP National Registry of Persons closest to your home, with all the requirements mentioned above in order to obtain the RENAP birth certificate.
Now you know everything that must be done so that your baby has his first identification, you just have to follow the instructions that have just been shown, in addition to having two options to carry out the procedure that best suits your needs.
Related articles that may interest you