The Passport requirements they are important for traveling outside of Guatemalan territory. As well as, this document will allow you to carry out other international procedures and also, they will identify you outside the nation.
Also, the passport guarantees you support at the Guatemalan Embassy, in the event that an extraordinary situation occurs. Likewise, this document has a series of mandatory collections, for both adults and minors. You want to know more? Then you are in the right place!
What are the Passport Requirements?
The passport is a document that will allow you to support your information or personal identification. As well as, it is also a document that guarantees you the legal exit from the country to the rest of the world.
Currently, the passport is a highly valued procedure worldwide, as it involves a series of exclusive procedures and procedures. In the case of Guatemala, a series of Passport requirements according to the conditions and preferences of the applicant.
Do you want to know how to get your passport in Guatemala? Do not wait any longer and read all the mandatory precautions!
- Personal Identification Document.
- Copy of the ornament ticket valid until the date of the procedure.
- Payment invoice to cancel the process (50 dollars). Haven’t you done it yet? So, go to the Banrural offices and pay the established amount!
Presentation of documents
- Original and Photocopy of each of the Requirements for the Passport.
- No erasures or amendments to any of the requested documents.
- Signatures and stamps must be fully legible and without errors.
- Manila folder with each of the collections.
After submitting each of these documents, you should go to the official website of “Consulate or embassy of Guatemala” to request your appointment. Then, you must locate the office closest to your home and provide all the aforementioned documents.
Where is the Passport Processing done?
In 2018, the Guatemalan Migration Institute created a new strategy to be able to carry out this procedure safely and easily. Therefore, it is important that all citizens interested in obtaining this document comply not only with the Passport requirements, but also, with the new steps to obtain it.
This immigration institute created a platform to distribute all the tickets, with the aim of going to the central offices on the established day and being attended by certified workers. In addition, you must comply with the time and day established online to obtain this document immediately. Still don’t know where the tickets are distributed? Relax, here we will tell you everything!
- Days: Lines to Friday
- Hour: 7: 00- 4:00 pm
- Address: General Institute of Migration, located on 6th avenue 3-11 zone 4, Guatemala City
So if you already own all the Passport requirements you can attend the Migration Office in Guatemala City. Subsequently, we recommend that you go to the “Customer Service” ticket office to request this personal identification document.
Likewise, the importance of the passport for citizens who wish to travel outside the country is known. For this reason, this organization serves approximately 750 Guatemalans per day. Be the next one!
Do you have questions about the procedure? So stay here to check out the web platform!
- Get a good internet connection and use a trusted browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- Enter the website “Migrations in Guatemala”.
- Request your ticket online.
- If you wish, you can click on “Customer Service” to answer all your questions.
- Request your Passport now!
Get the Passport of a Minor
Do you have children and are soon going to travel outside the national territory? So, we recommend you comply with all the Passport requirements for minors. In this section we will tell you all the documents related to children who want to leave the country.
Likewise, it is crucial that you know that, if you have a minor at home, the procedures to obtain a passport are different, compared to people over 18 years of age. Next, we will tell you each of the mandatory documents that you must provide:
- Expired passport (in the case of renewal)
- Valid birth certificate of the last (6) months
- Original and copy of Personal Identification of the minor
- Original and copy of Personal Identification of the representatives or legal guardians
- Proof of payment of the procedure
Similarly, there are exceptions to process a minor’s passport, each with different types of documents and collections. So, read all the details here!
In the event that the parent or legal guardian is not present, a letter of authorization from the parent must be shown with signatures and wet stamps legalized by a lawyer.
If the parent or guardian is outside the country
- Valid birth certificate of the minor.
- Personal identification of the minor and their representatives.
- Proof of payment.
- Passport issuance authorization letter signed by the representative who is outside the country.
- Consult letter issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Copy of the passport of the parent or representative who is outside the country.
In the event that one of the parents has unfortunately died
- Minor’s birth certificate.
- Original and copy of the death certificate of the parent.
- Original and copy of the personal identification of the minor and of the representatives or guardians.
- Proof of payment for the issuance of the passport.
Children of Guatemalan parents
- Birth certificate of the minor valid in the last 6 months.
- Personal identification of the representatives.
- Birth certificate of the parent of Guatemalan origin.
- Present resolution 144 of the MINEX.
- Proof of payment.
- Certificate of payment of basic services, which includes the address of the domicile of the parent residing in the country.
Like any document, the passport has an expiration date and needs to be renewed. The latter is done to update the data of the people affiliated with the system and thus avoid any illegality or irregularity in the documents. For this reason, we want to explain each of the steps to have an easy and safe renovation. Stay here with us!
- First, you must meet new with all Passport requirements . However, you must include the original and a photocopy of the expired passport.
- Subsequently, you must go to the Immigration offices to establish a renewal date.
- Then, you will comply with all the steps to restore your passport, exposed on its website.
- To obtain your new passport, you will have to wait for the approval days and cancel ($ 50) for the process.
Likewise, we recommend that you have all the Passport requirements current and without amendment. Don’t you know what they are? Relax, read them one more time!
- Valid passport.
- Birth certificate, in the case of being a minor.
- Personal identification of the applicant.
- Proof of payment.
- Other relevant.
On the other hand, there are fortuitous situations in which personal documents are lost. In these cases, the passport may be subject to loss, and should be recovered as soon as possible. It is worth mentioning that all lost legal documents must be notified to national institutes or organizations, to avoid falsifications or irregular activities.
Loss of passport
For this reason, we want to tell you everything to do in the event that you lose your passport. As well as, remember how important it is to recover this personal identification document and not let strangers use it. Pending and read everything!
- You must report to the Public Ministry or National Police the fact of loss, theft or other similar.
- Cancel the amount of renewal and cancellation of the previous passport for $ 50.00.
- In the event that the renewal is done with minors, you must carry all the Requirements to Get the Passport to young people. As well as, you must be accompanied by your legal representative.
- Present the Personal Identification.
- Photocopy of the complaint to the National Police, with date, time and concept of the fact
- Replacement form issued by RENAP.
Although, having a renewed or valid passport is crucial when undertaking a business trip or any occasion. However, all the associated expenses to this type of document.
In Guatemala, all legal procedures or formalities must be canceled to guarantee a better service and operation of the system. Therefore, the issuance of the passport has a cost associated with the amount of collections requested.
For this reason, we recommend that all applicants inquire about the minimum capital they must have when wanting to renew or obtain this document. Still don’t know how much you should have for this procedure? So, here we are to tell you!
- Passport renewal or issuance $ 50.00.
- Photocopies of all requirements and collections Q. 10,000.
- Any expense associated with this procedure can range from Q. 5,000 to Q. 20,000.
What is it?
Finally, the passport is an extremely important document to leave the country, since it allows you to be completely safe and legal abroad. As well as, it is recognized for being one of the recognition documents worldwide.
In the same way, the passport not only allows you to leave the country, but also guarantees another series of procedures: establishment outside the country, international banking procedures, DPI support, others. For this reason, it is crucial that you know the importance of having this document with you and keeping it updated every year.
On the other hand, the Guatemalan Ministry of Migration requires a series of Passport requirements totally unique and adaptable to the country. Also, request various documents and precautions in the event that the renewal is for minors with parents inside or outside the territory. Do you want to renew your passport? So, we invite you to pick up your ticket outside the Guatemalan Migration offices.
Don’t wait any longer and renew your passport!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar