Maycom, SA, was founded in 1995 and was established as an inclusive company that provides Biometric Identification Systems. Since 1999 we have produced, managed and controlled the production of Vehicle Driving Licenses for the Republic of Guatemala.
In a simple and diverse way you can obtain the Requirements to renew maycom license, then we will inform you with what you have to take into account to process it.
Requirements to renew license
The requirements to renew the license maycom are as shown below:
- Having passed the theoretical-practical exam at a Motor Racing School authorized by the Traffic Department of the National Civil Police.
- Eye exam issued by an Active Collegiate Professional Optical Clinic or Ophthalmologist, who meets the requirements established by the Traffic Department of the National Civil Police. who should use high-tech equipment to determine visual acuity.
For this process, it is necessary to know the visual fields established by Directive 001-2017 issued by the PNC’s Transit Department, and as established in Decree 84-2005 section H, of the Congress of the Republic, thus reforming article 14 of the Traffic Law Decree 132-96.
- According to the Type of Driver’s License, the visual acuity capos must be the following:
- Type A and Type B license: The visual requirements must be 20/30 visual acuity with its best correction in each eye, and 70 degrees of visual field in each eye, have the ability to see primary colors.
- Type C and Type M license: Visual requirements must be 20/40 visual acuity in at least one eye 70 degrees of visual field, such as the ability to see primary colors.
- Type E License: Vision requirements must be 20/50 or better in at least one eye and have a visual field of 20 degrees from center in at least one eye.
When an Ophthalmologist, Graduate in Optometry or Optometry Technician determines that a user who has requested the vision examination certificate does not meet the visual capacity requirements that are needed to obtain the renewal, replacement and / or transfer of the license of Driving, due to ocular or systematic disease, must notify the Traffic Department.
- The Traffic Department of the National Police has included within the mandatory requirements to obtain type A or B licenses, those people who demonstrate that they attended the third year of primary school at least.
This requirement is included in Decree 15-2014 of the Preventive Law of Collective Traffic Acts. According to the authorities, those who know how to read and write will have more tools and knowledge to take the theoretical and practical tests. In addition, they do not rule out raising the schooling requirement to 6th grade in the next two years.
Papers to renew license
FOR OLDER AGES:
- Original and photocopy of the identification document (DPI) in good condition.
- Original and photocopy of Ornate Ticket for the current year.
- Original birth certificate issued by RENAP, with a maximum of 6 months of issuance.
- Letter of responsibility from the parent or legal guardian authenticated by a lawyer. Downloadable from http://maycom.com.gt/licencias/renovacion-de-licencia/
- Original and photocopy of the identification document (DPI) in good condition of the parent or legal guardian.
- Proof of payment for one year (Q.100.00)
Additional for both cases, you must present:
- Eye exam issued by an Active Collegiate Professional Optical Clinic or Ophthalmologist, who meets the requirements established by the Traffic Department of the National Civil Police.
- Original eye exam bill and photocopy.
- Receipt of payment for the amount of the years of validity that you want in your license, do it only in Banrural agencies located inside Maycom.
- Be solvent of fines.
- Present driver’s license to renew.
Steps to renew maycom license
You should only go to any Maycom license issuance center with all due precautions. The staff will be at your entire disposal to manage your renewal request.
Maycom License Types
- Type A: The type A license is one that allows you to drive transport vehicles that have a load of more than 3.5 metric tons, including school, collective, urban and extra-urban transport. To obtain this type of license, you must be over 25 years old and have had a type B or C license for more than 3 years.
- Type B: The type B license is one that allows the driver to drive all kinds of cars of up to 3.5 metric tons of gross weight and can receive remuneration or payment for driving. To obtain this license, you must be over 23 years old and have had a type C license for 2 years.
- Type C: This type of license is the most common and is the one that is granted when the first license is obtained. You do not need any minimum age or have had another type of license. It allows, without receiving remuneration or payment, to handle all types of cars, panels, pick-ups with or without trailers that have a maximum weight of 3.5 metric tons of weight.
- Type M: This type of license only allows you to drive motorcycles or motorcycles.
- Type E: The type E license allows the person to drive agricultural and industrial machinery only. With this type of license, you cannot drive any other vehicle.
License renewal cost
These are the values, depending on the time for which you want to renew the document:
- 1 year: Q 100.00.
- 2 years: Q 185.00.
- 3 years: Q 260.00.
- 4 years: Q 320.00.
- 5 years: Q 390.00 – the license must be expired to renew it for this period.
- Replacement and / or transfer: Q 100.00.
License validity time
This depends on the applicant, since there are different rates depending on the time of validity requested, the minimum being 1 year and the maximum 5 years. In order to apply for the 5-year license, the previous one must be expired.
What happens if the license is not renewed?
It is important to renew the license as soon as possible, since driving with an expired license can have consequences for the holder. According to the Guatemalan Traffic Regulations, if a person drives their vehicle with an expired license, the authorities must retain and consign it.
According to article 182 of the same regulation, a fine of Q 300.00 will be imposed on whoever drives their car with an expired license. As of July 1, 2012, the License that is expired for more than 30 days must cancel the expired time as a Fine.
The fine is imposed if the driver does not renew the license after 30 days from the expiration date. The expired time will be paid as a fine according to the following:
- 31 days to 1 year: Q 50.00.
- 1 year and 1 day to 2 years: Q 100.00.
- 2 years and 1 day to 3 years: Q 150.00.
- 3 years and 1 day to 4 years: Q 200.00.
- 4 years and 1 day to 5 years: Q 250.00.
- 5 years and 1 day onwards: Q 300.00.
What is Maycom?
Mayoreo de Computación, SA (Maycom), was founded in 1995 and was established as an integrating company that provides Biometric Identification Systems. Since 1999 we have produced, managed and controlled the production of Vehicle Driving Licenses for the Republic of Guatemala.
It is the company that currently manages the production of driver’s licenses in Guatemala. In 2004 Maycom became the first private company to provide a government service to the Republic of Guatemala and the Ministry of the Interior with ISO 9001: 2000 certification, which was renewed in 2009 with the new ISO 9001 version. : 2008 that we currently own.
Maycom has several offices in the capital and in the departments of Guatemala, it also has mobile modules to streamline processes and procedures.
Public attention schedules
Capital city: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Departmental headquarters: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Roosevelt – 5th. Avenue 0-60 Mixto zone 02, Cotió neighborhood, at the end of the Roosevelt Road
- Zone 9 – 6 avenue 1-60 zone 9.
- METRONORTE – METRONORTE Shopping Center (Km. 5 Carretera a El Atlántico 2nd. Level, local 402).
- Highway to El Salvador – Km. 13, METROPLAZA SHOPPING CENTER, Highway to El Salvador 2nd. level, local 222.
- Huehuetenango – La Pradera Shopping Center, 1st. level, local 134. Km. 259 Cambote zone 11 Calzada Kaibil Balam.
- Cobán – 10 avenue 1-11 zone 2, PLAZA SAN MARTIN, local 9 in Cobán, Alta Verapaz.
- Quetzaltenango – 19 avenue 2-50 zone 1.
- Mazatenango – KM. 158 route CA-2 Plaza Las Américas Shopping Center, 2nd. local level 208, Mazatenango.
- Escuintla – 4th. Av. 15-64 Zone 1, Mary Center Shopping Center, Local 24. Escuintla.
- Zacapa – Km. 140.5 route CA-10, MEGA PLAZA Shopping Center, local 45 in Estanzuela, Zacapa.
Then we will provide you with a video where you can better orient yourself.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar