The requirements to be a merchant They are not one of the most difficult points to find when a person wants to start this type of work. And it is that, in fact, being a merchant is one of the oldest jobs known in human history.
However, it is one of the jobs in which to this day more people are interested due to its great economic opportunity. Do you want to know better the requirements to be a merchant? Are you interested in knowing what is behind what it means to be a merchant?
Then keep reading because here we will tell you everything!
What does it mean to be a merchant
Before starting to say the requirements to be a merchant it is important that you know yourself what it means to be a merchant today worldwide.
And it is that, in very general terms, merchants are all those people who do business as their main source of income to be able to live.
In fact this is one of the main points for a person to be considered as a merchant, since you must live on this.
In this sense, it must be clarified that there are many types of business activities which are taken by law as part of ordinary businesses.
At least according to what is established in the norms and laws that govern international commercial law dictate that they are commercial activities.
However, this is a broad concept that has been tried to limit people who buy and resell products to third parties at a higher price.
This makes the list is much shorter of activities that are considered as part of the economy of the merchants in the country.
In fact all those people who have places where they do not manufacture the product rather, they buy it and then sell it, they are generally considered as traders.
Despite this, traders are also considered as those who, in a frequent way, sell or trade goods or services to other people.
In this sense, it is important to take into account that only those who sell consistently or frequently they are considered as merchants before the law.
This is intended in this way to distinguish people whose business activity is limited to the single purchase of a made product.
It is quite remarkable to mention that the merchants are some of the wealthiest people that exist in the entire Republic of Guatemala today.
Legal requirements to be a merchant
The truth is that the legal requirements to be a merchant Not many because you want more people to trade every day.
The reason for this is that they want the Guatemalan economy to be competitive with respect to that of the other countries that have neighbors.
In this way you want there are more jobs and therefore that fewer people are unemployed or subsidized.
If you don’t know what the state’s current requirements are for you to be considered a legal merchant here is a list:
- First of all, the person must have the judicial capacity to be able to be a merchant, which means that you cannot have sentences.
- The interested person must perform in a common and daily way acts of commerce that are within the framework of current law.
- It is important to say that the person who wants to be considered as a merchant must make commerce your main source of income and their ordinary occupation.
- In the same way, the interested parties will have to complete legal requirements that are required according to the type of commercial activity they are carrying out.
- For a citizen to be considered as a merchant, he must be registered in the Public Registry of Commerce of the locality where you are currently working.
- In the event that the interested party has been declared bankrupt or bankrupt, he must demonstrate that is legally rehabilitated to be a merchant today.
- Any citizen who is interested in being legally recognized as a merchant cannot be under any kind of interdiction in the present moment.
- For all those people who are not nationals of Guatemala, they must have a legal permit to be able to work correctly in the commercial area.
Another question that frequently comes up when talking about the requirements to be a merchant is what is the commercial code of Guatemala.
And the truth is that this is a good question, since it is about the fundamental pillar on which this is based.
In fact, this code is the one that has all legal stipulations in which the commerce of all Guatemala has its current legal base.
The reason for this is that something was needed to serve as a legal reference in matters that govern national commercial economic activity.
This was something that was observed from the universalization of the economy and the idea of the globalization of commerce in the 18th century.
However, it was not until the beginning of the 19th century, with Napoleon Bonaparte that the commercial code begins to become standard by nation.
This is how, from the year 1877 the first commercial code is born that begins to be used by all national entities.
Of course this code has progressed over the years, becoming every day more modern and more sophisticated for the standards of the national trade.
In this way a book has been obtained in which they have all current rules and regulations about the act of commercial itself.
In this sense, it is from the commercial code where they emanate all current business and commercial laws of the Republic of Guatemala.
It has regulations ranging from what is considered a commercial activity down to the type of business enterprises that can be founded.
In the same way it also has a complete section in which everything related to foreign companies is explained and its economic activity.
Difference between ability and ability to exercise trade
Another question that is quite common to find when talking about the requirements to be a merchant is what is trade ability and skill.
And the truth is that this is a good question, since they are two totally different concepts and that they can never be confused.
In fact, one of them talks about one abstract idea while the other is a legal and political idea which currently has its own linkages.
At the same time there is also talk of two elements that are personal and political, which is why they cannot be linked to each other.
The first of the elements to be mentioned is that of business exercise capacity, which is the most technical of these.
And it is that talking about the capacity within the trade is to refer to what can be done with the resources what’s wrong with it.
In this sense, reference is not only made to the resources that the person currently has, but to the national resources that exist.
It is important to place special emphasis on this because there are many factors that influence commercial capacity, including the country’s legislation.
It has been shown that those countries that have softer legislation increase the ability to generate trade than the others with laws considered stricter.
On the other hand you have the idea of the ability to do business which is basically something innate to each individual trader.
This concept refers to the facilities that a person has to get the best performance and production to the business resources available to you.
Importantly, business ability in theory has no limit beyond the person’s own ease in trading.
Obligations and duties of merchants
Once you have all the requirements to be a merchant at hand, it is normal for you to start wondering what are the current obligations:
- First of all, merchants must be registered in the Public Registry of Commerce.
- In addition to that, they must also make your merchant quality data public every so often.
- In the same way it is also important that they carry the accounts and their reasons of operations with the greatest possible amount of precision.
- At the same time it must have Accounting books in which all the accounting accounts of your business are kept.
- It is also important that properly preserve all commercial correspondence, as well as that they take it when it is their turn to do so.
- Finally, it should be mentioned that all merchants have a duty to be part of one of the chambers of commerce.
How you can see the requirements to be a merchant they are quite few and easy to find.
And with this guide you can easily start trading!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar