At present, more and more Guatemalans are searching the internet and wondering what are the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala. And it is that the world of politics is one of those the more they attract the attention of the young due to its possibilities.
Although it is not only young people who are interested in entering politics since many good citizens want to help to your nation. Do you want to know more about the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala? Are you interested in knowing more about the world of politics in this country?
Then do not stop reading why here is everything!
Requirements to be mayor in Guatemala
Actually, the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala are something that all citizens of the country have as normal in their day to day.
In fact, this is in charge of the well-known Citizen Registry, Well, he is the one who carries everything related to the candidacies of the mayors.
In the event that you do not know what the requirements are to be mayor in Guatemala here we leave you a completed list With the data:
- The first thing you need is write their full names and surnames within the payroll that will be delivered in a timely manner by the Citizen Registry.
- Shall of have the Personal Identification Document Current with the number up to date and without any problems with its physical version.
- In the same way you must have the correct registration number within the Citizen Registry according to the jurisdiction in which you register.
- At the same time you will have to specifically place who is opting for or running for the office of Mayor from your current municipality of residence.
- Thus, it is also necessary that a person cannot register in his own capacity, that is, there must be a political organization to register and endorse it.
- The candidate must have a certificate of your birth certificate in force and correctly accepted by the different governmental entities at present.
- You must carry at least a copy of your Personal Identification Document that is in good condition and is easily legible by the authorities.
- In the event that the person has handled public goods, they must carry the Transitory Evidence of Non-Existence of Charge Claim delivered in writing.
- Finally, it is important to clarify that anyone interested in obtaining this position must be Guatemalan by birth and not by naturalization or the like.
How to vote in the Guatemalan elections
Once the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala are met, the next phase that must be carried out is simply that of the vote.
However there are many people who they don’t know how to vote because they have never done it or because they haven’t voted for a long time.
It is for this reason that the Government of the nation every year, and especially in elections, take out instructions on how to vote today.
And the truth is that this is a process extremely simple designed precisely so that all people can exercise their right without any problem.
The reason for this is that traditionally the same voting system has been maintained so that all citizens can vote without any problem.
In fact, this is one of the simplest systems that are currently in the entire region of Central America and the Caribbean.
In this sense, in fact, the only thing you will need to exercise your right to vote is the Personal Identity Document effective.
If you have never voted or you forgot what the process is to do it correctly, here is a guide to exercise your right:
- The first thing to do is go to your polling place and locate the table in which you have to mark your participation.
- Once you have done this the next thing will be for the table to authenticate your identity and give him the ballot with which you can vote.
- Once you have your ballot You must mark with an X the candidate of your choice in each of the options available to you.
- Finally you just have to deposit the ballots in the urn that corresponds to it according to the color of each one of them in particular.
How to register
Once you have all the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala, it is important to know what it is the census in this Central American country.
In fact, this is one of the simplest and fastest processes that can be done today throughout Guatemala given its capital importance.
And it is that registering is what allows a person can vote correctly in the elections at any level within the nation.
This way it is, in fact, the only way there is to vote within the Republic because it is a form of registration.
In this sense, it is attached to what is the Citizen Registry because this is the body that regulates who can vote.
This is how it is expected to maintain a correct control about all the people who have the right and meet the appropriate requirements to vote.
In this way it is achieved that a person can vote only once and that for the same reason there is no one who takes advantage of this right.
In the event that you do not know what the process to register today is like here we leave you a complete guide with the steps:
- The first thing you should have on hand is your Personal Identity Document that is currently valid and in good condition.
- At the same time it is important that you are of legal age, because only then can you be registered within the electoral roll of the nation of Guatemala.
- Finally all you have to do is go to a Registration Center that is close to your home to carry out the complete procedure.
If you do not know where the Registration Centers are located you can click here to find the one closest to your home and register correctly.
All those who fully meet the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala must currently know what is the Municipal Code.
And this is one of the most important legal guidelines that the nation of Guatemala currently has within its policy.
The reason for this is that it is the legal decree in which all the laws that affect the municipalities are registered.
In this sense it can be said that it is the code by which municipalities are organized in everything related to their different jurisdictions.
In fact, within this code all issues and concepts are defined that govern the municipalities and their activity in general.
In this sense, the Municipal Code is the one that regulates what is nature itself of all the municipalities of the Guatemalan nation.
In the same way, it has between its pages everything related to the requirements to choose to be a candidate to municipal government positions.
The same code also has the definitions of what is the municipality for and what are all the powers that it currently has.
In fact, this was one of the points on which it was most debated because there were people who did not agree with these.
Finally, it is important to mention that the issue of the jurisdiction that the municipality has with respect to other authorities.
AND is that municipalities have always had problems when it comes to assert your authority in front of other higher institutions such as government.
In the event that you want to read in more detail what the Municipal Code deals with in its entirety, it will be enough to click here.
Prohibitions to be Mayor, Trustee or Councilor
Once you meet all the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala, you must ensure that not have any of the following:
- The first thing to take into account is that no one judicially disqualified you can run for any of the positions of mayor, trustee or councilor.
- No person who has any direct or indirect relationship with public services, nor with concessions from the municipality in question.
- If you have it a debt for surety who are in any way related to municipal funds may not be mayor, trustee or councilor.
- People who have blood or family relationship Within the standards stipulated by law with the mayor who was elected, they are prohibited.
- In the event that they provide services to the commune Directly or indirectly, they must have full availability to be elected.
As you may have already noticed the requirements to be mayor in Guatemala they are very easy to have.
And with this guide you know everything to be able to vote!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar