read Requirements to register as a small taxpayer: Everything they haven’t told you and expand your tax culture, discovering the sales of being a small taxpayer
Who are considered small contributors
In accordance with the Value Added Tax Law, issued by the Congress of the Republic,
Small taxpayers are identified as natural or legal persons, with an amount in their income from sales or services rendered, not greater than Q 60,000.00 per year.
For example, people who have commercial establishments, which are dedicated to the provision of aesthetic services, such as hairdressers. Also mechanical workshops or technical services. They include coffee shops, butchers, among many others.
Requirements to register as a small taxpayer
For a person to be officially considered as a small taxpayer, they must meet the following requirements and conditions for their registration with the SAT or Superintendency of Tax Administration:
- The DPI or Personal Identification Document, foreigners must present the passport in original and copy.
- A document that certifies the business address and fiscal domicile, bills for services such as water, electricity or telephone, of recent issuance, are accepted. Also the rental bills or the contract. In original and photocopy.
- Your annual billing should not exceed Q 150,000.00.
- The NIT or Tax Identification Number
If the rental invoice is presented without the exact location of the property, it must be presented:
- The proof that certifies the public deed or Real Property Registry
- The proof of the IUSI.
- The document that certifies the ownership of the property issued by the Executive.
After submitting the collections, the SAT will issue the RTU or proof of the update of the Unified Tax Registry.
Registration and affiliation
To be fully considered a small taxpayer, the following registrations and affiliations must be met:
- Register in the Unified Tax Registry-RTU. In accordance with the Tax Code, the Regulation of the Value Added Tax Law, the Regulation of the Income Tax Law, the Law of Unified Tax Registry and General Control of Taxpayers.
Make the affiliation to the small taxpayer scheme, determining the type of payment to which it is accepted, between the quarterly fixed payment or the annual declaration. In the case of small taxpayers under the professional services concept, they cannot select the quarterly fixed payment. Based on the Value Added Tax Law and the Regulation of the Value Added Tax Law.
- Also join the Income Tax, defining the form of payment. Based on the Income Tax Law and the Regulations of the Income Tax Law.
- Comply with the affiliation to the various and certain taxes, specified in tobacco, liquors and others, according to the type of operations that the company carries out.
Small taxpayers must comply with Obligations of a formal nature, which correspond to the requirements that the taxpayer must honor before the SAT. These do not generate tax payment, they are the following:
The issuance of Documents, such as: Invoices for all commercial transactions carried out, greater than Q 25.00. If daily sales are less than the indicated amount, only one per day will be issued. Also the issuance of Credit and Debit Notes, as appropriate and authorized by the SAT.
- Keep the daily sales and purchases book updated. It must be approved by the SAT. In case of having assets greater than Q 25,000.01, in addition to the sales book, the inventory book, the journal, the ledger and the financial statements must be kept. If it is less than Q 25,000.01, the Inventory and Financial Statements books must be kept. All books must be authorized by the SAT and authorized by the Mercantile Registry.
- The data record must be kept updated, which implies any change in the tax situation,
- Communicate in writing the suspension or termination of activities
- Make the respective withholdings, as well as the proofs of the same or the return on the withholding of more.
The other type of obligations are pecuniary in nature, services provided. Which will be honored according to the affiliation tax regime by annual declaration or by quarterly payments.
As we discussed in previous paragraphs, small taxpayers have the obligation to generate documents such as invoices, which must have the authorization of the SAT.
They must also issue debit notes, for price increases or surcharges in operations already billed. Correctly authorized by SAT.
And finally the issuance of credit notes, caused by cancellations, returns or discounts on operations already invoiced.
Steps to follow
The steps to register as a small taxpayer are:
- Gather the required documentation and go to the SAT office of your choice, present your DPI and request registration
- Indicate the personal and business data that are requested
They will give you the SAT username and password, to have access to the virtual agency
- Then you must enable the books, through the Declaraguate page, completing Form SAT-7121
- The payment slip will be generated, you must pay it at the bank
- Enter Declaraguate again, look for the form again and generate the resolution of the books.
What is the SAT
SAT stands for the acronym of the Superintendency of Tax Administration. It is a decentralized state body, the scope of its functions covers the entire national territory, so it can exclusively exercise the operations of the tax administration, which are based on the law.
The tax body enjoys autonomy in its distribution of functions, in the economic area. Also in the, financial, technical and administrative.
It also has legal personality, assets and its own resources.
Its main objective is the exercise of all the functions of the Tax Administration emanated in Decree Number 1-98 of the Congress of the Republic of Guatemala, in the Organic Law of the Superintendency of Tax Administration
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar