In many countries there is the idea of traveling to the United States for a better life, or simply because people simply have business reasons that must be carried out in the United States and for this a visa is required.
To obtain the United States visa, it is required to comply with some visa requirements and to obtain it, the following information about the application process will be shown:
Requirements for visa
The visa requirements can be processed by following these steps:
The first thing to do is to know the type of visa you need, since there is a visa for each reason why you must be in the United States,Each visa has its own requirements and application elements.
If you already have an idea of the visa you are going to apply for, you can proceed to extinguish the fee corresponding to the procedure to obtain the visa.
Then you must fill out the visa application form, you must fill it out carefully and if you do not master the English language you must have a translator nearby to avoid mistakes. After filling the formulation you must wait for the confirmation sheet DS-160.
You must enter the US embassy system and create a profile to schedule the appointment for the visa application interviews, for this it is necessary that you have your passport number, BANTURAL agency payment receipt number on hand, the 10 digits of the barcode on the DS-160 confirmation sheet, with all this you can now schedule the appointment to obtain the American visa.
When you already have the appointment, you must go on the day and time indicated for the interview
If your visa is approved, it will be sent to the designated location that was selected when your appointment was scheduled.
The documents to process the American visaDepending on the type of visa you need to issue, the following documents will be mentioned below:
Documents essential to make an application for an American tourist or business visa
- Valid original passport. It is recommended that your passport be valid for at least six months after the date you plan to leave for the United States.
- A digital photograph according to the specification shown on the American visa page. In some cases they also require a printed photo.
- The confirmation sheet of form DS-160, in this document is the 10-digit barcode.
- The American visa payment receipt issued by the bank where you physically made the payment or the reference number if you made the payment online.
- Original appointment letter. In some consulates this is not required.
Supporting documents that it is recommended to bring on the day of the interview
- The official who is going to interview you first wants to verify that you are a legitimate candidate who meets all the requirements to make an application for an American visa, the official could verify if you have a valid identity document in the case of Guatemala, the Neighborhood Card , if you do not have a criminal record and if you have a valid reason to do a American visa process.
- You must bring proof that you have enough money to be able to make the trip to the United States.
- If possible, show the official of the US consulate that you have a strong bond in Guatemala and have no intention of staying in the United States.
- bring to the interview all the additional documents that can support the aforementioned, it could be useful
- It is recommended that you bring evidence of the reason why you are traveling to the United States and that you intend to return.
Documents that support if you go to a family event
- An invitation letter from family members who are hosting the event.
- Something that shows that the event is going to take place such as an invitation card, a permit to use a space from somewhere in the United States.
Supporting documents if your trip is for medical treatment
- A statement or letter from a physician or the institution where the medical treatment would be performed.
- Written confirmation from the medical institution stating that the agreements to perform the treatment have been completed and specifying who will receive the treatment.
- A written estimate from the institution or doctor, indicating the likely cost of medical treatment that you might have.
- Statement from a doctor estimating the time required for treatment.
Other suggested documents:
- If you are an employee, bring a letter from a job.
- If you are self-employed, bring proof of the incorporation of your company, as well as proof of payment of taxes and your financial statements.
With minors they must do all the processing of the US visa that was mentioned in the visa requirements and must have the following documents:
- The minor must have a birth certificate or a document that shows the family tie, if he is going to travel with a person who is going to be a visa.
- You must have your valid passport.
- You must register in the embassy system
- American to be able to schedule your appointment and have your own DS-160 confirmation voucher
- the minor must be present on the day of the interview.
Over 60 years old
People over 60 years of age must comply with the same processes as a person of active age, they must know what visa they need, register with the US embassy system, pay the corresponding fees, fill out the form according to the type of visa they wish to obtain. and schedule your appointment if the form is approved.
Where is the visa processed?
You can process the american life at the US embassy located at Avenida Reforma 7-01, Zone 10 Guatemala.
There are different types of visa that can be adapted to the reason for which you want to travel to the United States. The types of visas are the following:
- Business / Tourism Visa:This type of visa is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business, pleasure, or medical treatment.
- Work visa: It is for people who are going to work temporarily in the United States as a nonimmigrant.
- Exchange visitor visa:The United States welcomes foreign nationals who come to the United States to participate in exchange programs.
- Student visa: This visa is for foreign students who are going to study in the United States
- Transit / Crew Visa: If a citizen of a foreign country traveling in immediate transit and continuing through the United States to a foreign destination requires a valid transit visa.
- Religious worker visa:They are for people who are going to do some religious work in the United States.
- Journalists and media visa: This type of visa is for the non-immigrant person to represent foreign media that travels to the United States to practice their profession while they have their headquarters in a foreign country.
- Domestic Employee Visa: This type of visa is for people who are going to accompany someone as an employee, such as a cleaning staff, gardener, butler or any other domestic activity.
- Investor Visa: It is the visa for traders and investors who reside in the United States and must manage the trade or investments of a company in the United States.
For more information about these visas visit www.ustraveldocs.com/gt_es
Why apply for a visa?
It is essential to apply for an American visa because the policies of the United States require any foreign person to have a visa for any activity that they want to carry out in the United States, if you do not have a visa you will not have the permission to carry out the activity you want and you can be deported from the country.
Countries that require a visa to enter the United States
- Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Albania, Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan, Angola, Algeria.
- Bahrain, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Bangladesh, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Burundi, Belarus, Botswana, Bhutan, Benin, Brunei Darusalam.
- Cape Verde, China, North Korea, Cambodia, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Congo, Cuba, Chad, Congo, Dem Rep. (Zaire).
- Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic.
- Ecuador, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Eritrea, El Salvador, Ethiopia.
- Russian Federation, Fiji Islands, Philippines.
- Gabon, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Guatemanala, Guyana, Georgia, Guinea, Ghana, Guinea Bissau.
- Haiti, Honduras.
- India, Iran, Indonesia, Iraq.
- Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan.
- Laos, Liberia, Lesotho, Libya, Lebanon
- Macedonia, Morocco, Mongolia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Montenegro, Malawi, Mauritanian, Mozambique, Maldives, Myanmar, Mali, Moldova.
- Namibia, Nicaragua, Nauru, Niger, Nepal, Nigeria.
- Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea.
- Central African Republic, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Rwanda.
- Salomon Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, Western Samoa, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Serbia, South Africa, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Holy See, Syria, Swaziland.
- Thailand, East Timor, Turkmenistan, Taiwan, Togo, Turkey, Tonga, Tuvalu, Tajikistan, Tunisia.
- Ukraine, Uganda, Uzbekistan.
- Vanuatu, Vietnam, Venezuela.
- Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Among other countries.
Related articles that may interest you