There are several procedures that can be done through banks, which are the default places to manage money, but this time everything related to certificate of deposit Find out everything you need to know about this document!
What is the bank deposit certificate?
It is a document that was previously recognized, such as a deposit of cash for merchandise, which was identified by a title implemented in said document.
With the passing of time this certificate of deposit I do not change its definition much, now it is also recognized as a deposit but this time a support for legal entities. It is the support for all companies that carry out those transactions of purchase and sale of a good or service, conservation or custody of a product, also the management and distribution of the same..
In a nutshell the certificate of deposit it is the evidence of the companies for all those movements that the company has, which are linked to money, which is almost all the activity carried out by the company. Although it is also known as the credit of the General Warehouses of Deposit.
What information should it contain?
The information that must be contained in the certificate of deposit is the next:
- Of course the identification that it is a certificate of deposit.
- The warehouse name where the merchandise is located.
- The signature of the authorized person to issue the certificate.
- Where was the deposit made?.
- The day, month and year from when it was done.
- Name of the person doing the Deposit.
- The term that the depositor has to make the payment.
- Indicate if the merchandise is subject to pay tax liens.
- The indebted that favor the warehouse, in case it does not have it must also be indicated.
What is the legal basis?
The law on which the certificate of deposit is in the Commercial Code.
At the same time there is decree 1746 that the legislation that serves to solve problems related to the production and market of agricultural products and any other economic activity carried out in Guatemala.
Apart from the economic activity that companies must carry out in order to exist, the decree 1746 also in is for General Deposit Warehouses which is the reason why you have to issue the certificate of deposit. itself the decree 1746 norm by which all those companies that are dedicated to the storage of products are governed.
How to request it?
Like those companies that work with the storage of products, either because you manufacture them yourself or another company, they need to collect certain requirements and follow a few steps to be able to acquire the certificate of deposit.
In this part of the reading, the requirements and steps needed to obtain said document will be indicated in detail, which are the following:
The requirements needed to be able to acquire the certificate of deposit are the following:
- It must be delivered in original and photocopy Personal Identification Document DPI.
- Photocopy of any utility bill (Receipt of electricity, water, telephone, among others) to verify the address of the applicant.
- Forms that must be delivered by the bank agency where will the procedure be carried out
Step to follow
The steps to follow are those:
- Go to a bank agency.
- Indicate the reason for the visit.
- Follow the instructions indicated by the agent of the bank agency.
- After having done everything that the bank staff indicates, you should wait for them to tell you when you should receive the certificate.
The procedure can be carried out at any of the banking agencies of the following banks:
- Banrural, rural development bank.
- Central American Bank for Economic Integration.
- real estate bank.
- Pro-American Bank.
- international Bank.
What is it for?
The utility of certificate of deposit It is based on being the support of all the monetary movements that the company can havewhich can be the purchase and sale of a product, as well as the custody and conservation of the same.
Something that cannot be omitted is that one of the main functions of this type of certificate, is to be the payment validation for the General Deposit Warehouses something that all public limited companies have in Guatemala.
General Deposit Warehouses
The general deposit warehouses are companies that have auxiliary credits, which are formed under corporationswith the objective of conserving deposits, management, distribution, purchase, sale of national and international products.
The activities carried out by General Deposit Warehouses they are based on some products specifically, either because of their quality, homogeneity, nature or because of the production process.
Functions of general deposit warehouses
The functions in which the companies are responsible for General Deposit Warehouses are the following:
- cast the certificate of deposit of the merchandise they are producing which must be stored. This must be done at a bank agency.
- carry out securities in case the depositor is responsible for the merchandise that is stored.
- Participate in the products that must be imported and exportedeither from another company or their own.
- Collaborate with financing to export Guatemalan products.
- Give support to transform, transport and everything that needs to be done to increase the value of the merchandise.
- Storing products that do not have import rights.
- receive merchandise to be paid by part, which must be delivered partially or completely to its main destination.
- Require products being stored to be insuredas long as its value requires it.
- Participate in the sale or auction of merchandise of products that are stored.
- Submit accounts to the Ministries of Economy on all the movements that are made with the products that are stored.
- Carry out merchandise inventories that is in the warehouse, in this way you have an idea of the products that you have.
- Carrying out all activities is related to the merchandise, which have nothing to do with the legal field.
General Warehouse Responsibilities
The responsibilities of has General Deposit Warehouses, is all the logistics that must be done for the merchandise to reach the stores that is going to sell it to the public, that is, it must be in charge of the transport, packaging, conservation and everything related to the treatment that the merchandise must have before being sold to the last consumer.
Additionally, you must ensure that the merchandise always be in good condition, for this reason it is mandatory that the warehouses are trained for the conservation of any product that can be soldsince there are many that require special conservation.
With what this article shows, you already have an idea of what a certificate of depositwhich is a purely administrative document and can only be processed by banks, which does not require many processes to be able to acquire this document.
Related articles that may interest you