The security of a country represents one of the most important factors for the development of a country. Notwithstanding this it can influence in a very important way the population of the Honduran nation.
That is why, like other governments in the world, Honduras has created various agencies to ensure the security of the nation. Both external and internal attacks and ensure peace and public order in the national territory.
In turn, this is part of one of the fundamental pillars for the emergence and development of the country. That is why it is very important that citizens take the initiative to join the DPI of Honduras.
And that is why we have brought an informative guide on everything you need to know to enter the DPI. In addition to the requirements and documentation that it entails to carry out this process.
What is the Police Investigation Directorate or DPI?
To begin, we must know what this important organization for Honduras is based on. However this is an entity in charge of investigating the different criminal events.
Likewise, prepare the different volunteers or applicants who enter said body with the tools to solve said criminal or violence cases. On the other hand, it is important to know that this organism It was born out of the need to restructure the Criminal Investigation service in the National Police.
In addition to acting in favor of a new criminal investigation model that is professional, reliable and specialized. All of this is done to strengthen the security of the Honduran nation.
What are the functions of the DPI
As we mentioned earlier, this governmental institution has the function of supporting existing entities. All this in aspects related to criminal investigations.
On the other hand they have the function of diligence to verify the existence of the punishable act. At the same time decide the process of the facts, the victims and responsible involved in said event.
In the same way, contribute and provide the necessary information to the public ministry or other competent authority. About the facts and information collected during the investigation.
What are the requirements to enter the DPI
Below we will mention all the necessary requirements to be able to submit the application to enter the Police Investigation Directorate:
- Have Honduran nationality and have ancestry of the same nationality.
- Age between 18 to 23 years (fulfilled on the date of admission).
- Possess a high school degree that complies with the statutes of Higher Education.
- Measure height men 1.70, women 1.65 Mts (without shoes).
- Do not have a criminal or police record.
- Be in good health and not have any physical problems that prevent performing tasks of great physical demand.
- Not weigh more than 15 lbs.
- Not having any type of physical changes due to tattoos or piercings except for women who are only allowed in the earlobe.
- Pass all psychological and physical evaluations.
How to enter the DPI
Already knowing the mandatory requirements to correctly enter the Police Investigation Directorate. Next we will proceed to teach you step by step how to make your request to the DPI:
- In the first instance, you must comply with the aforementioned requirements and appear at the DPI offices at any of its headquarters.
- After this, you must request the corresponding personnel information regarding the entry of new DPI applicants. Then they will give you certain instructions which you must follow to complete the deposit.
- Once this is done, you will be notified of the day, time and documents that you must take into account to present the corresponding evaluations. Once this is done, you will already be lined up within the members of the DPI of Honduras.
What are the benefits of belonging to the DPI
Finally, we must mention the great benefits that this institution offers to all its active officials. Among the main ones we can say the Hospital Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, enjoy a salary according to the activity you perform in the DPI.
In turn it will also remain affiliated with the IHSS social protection scheme, as well as social security services. Not to mention the myriad of job benefits backed by Honduran laws.
Related articles that may interest you