When we refer to Automate Processes Within a certain entity, we are referring to certain manual activities carried out by human beings, which can be carried out by devices automatically. A palpable example of this is when, through the computer, a person is assisted by a robot to carry out their banking operations.
In this sense, we have prepared this article to familiarize the reader about these processes, so below we show a definition, the reason for automating, its advantages and aspects to consider. Also, we explain the necessary conditions for it and how it is done.
What is Automate Processes?
As we indicated previously, Automate Processes is to use artificial intelligence to perform tasks that are usually carried out manually. In other words, it consists of devising processes to use systems or technologies, in order to reduce the intervention of human forces and improve the management of the company.
In this sense, organizations have different modalities to achieve automation, which requires a prior study of their processes and following a series of steps that we will show later. Said modalities are the following:
- Implement controls to activities and tasks.
- Perform monitoring in real time and on a recurring basis.
- Distribute tasks assigning responsibilities and authorization levels.
- Integrate data and information systems.
- Adopt technologies that fit the business.
In addition to the aforementioned, we want to indicate that each company has its way of executing its activities and tasks, that is, they establish their methods and stages to follow, therefore the automation It must be adapted to these particularities.
It is also important to consider profitability, costs, worker productivity and the quality of the goods and services provided within the production unit, in order to specify which processes deserve to be standardized and industrialized.
Why automate processes?
Automate Processes It is the most expeditious way to face the great challenges that companies face today. It is for this reason that they are immersed in a very competitive market, where innovation and quality are making a difference compared to the competition.
For this reason, many organizations have found it necessary to acquire and implement new technologies in their processes, in order to become competitive and more efficient. It is important to note that many companies have left the market for not automating.
Considering the above, current organizations must be more flexible and adaptable to changes legal, economic, social, political and financial nature, so that the automation It is one of the best alternatives you can count on to achieve those goals.
Among the automation classes that can be found, we have the ones mentioned below:
- Process flow automation. Its main objective is to reduce the execution times and costs of the entity’s tasks and activities.
- Administrative processes. Administrative software is implemented to unify certain budgeting processes, treasury management and / or accounting records. The control of accounts payable or collections portfolio, inventories, among others, can also be mechanized.
- Industrial automation. It can include the adoption of software and machinery to incorporate them into the production process.
Advantages and Benefits of Process Automation
Automate Processes provide the company with a series of advantages and benefits that will improve your management. In this sense, its implementation will bring the following positive consequences:
- Improve the monitoring and control of activities.
- Optimize production processes. Save time and costs.
- Greater traceability is achieved in the processes.
- It facilitates the linking of the organization’s data.
- Articulate the processes.
- Prevent tasks from being performed in a discretionary manner.
- Decrease execution times.
- Contribute to the preservation of the environment, eliminating paperwork and printing costs.
- It improves the transparency of operations, allowing the monitoring and control of activities.
- Strengthens internal control, defining the levels of responsibility and authorization.
- Contributes to the establishment of management indicators.
- A greater articulation is achieved between the activities and the regulatory framework.
- Standardize tasks and activities.
- Bottlenecks, unproductive activities can be more easily identified and errors are minimized.
It should be noted that, if the company wishes automate it is advisable to request the consultation of experts, either by offering them a employment contract or request external advice (outsourcing). Now, which of the two alternatives is more appropriate?
The foregoing will depend on the costs of this external consultancy or the contract under employment relationship. Whatever the decision of the company, the important thing is that we can count on people who have the appropriate knowledge and experience required to achieve successful automation.
Aspects to take into account to automate a process
Automate Processes It involves carrying out a detailed study of the tasks carried out within the organization and analyzing whether the following conditions are met:
- Tasks are repetitive.
- Human intervention is not required.
If both conditions are met, then the process is elective to be automated. In this sense, we will explain the step by step later, however, other aspects such as the available technology and the financial resources available to the company must also be considered.
In addition, the existence of norms or laws that approve or prevent the automation of certain processes should be considered. On the other hand, there are quality standards that we can consider in our study. Within them are the Iso 9001, if you want to get more information, please follow the following link.
It should be noted that the ISO (International Organization for Standardization), is in charge of promoting international standards that can be applied both to goods and services, which facilitate their standardization so that companies are more productive and profitable.
These standards include the following categories: quality, health and safety, environment, risk management, social responsibility, auditing and management, training, food safety, among others. Therefore, these regulations can be considered when carrying out an automation process.
Necessary conditions to automate a process
Automating Processes implies carrying out a preliminary study of the activities of the company and the possible effects that could be caused. In this regard, it should be taken into consideration that the aspects indicated above are presented, that is: repetitive tasks, which do not merit further analysis to perform them and do not require human intervention.
In addition to the above, it is important to know the company and its needs. In addition, it must be considered if the entity has the necessary resources and if the moment is appropriate to undertake automation.
Whenever the process (s) is (are) going to be automated is selected, it is convenient to validate whether the efficiency and quality in the company will be increased and to raise awareness among the workers so that they adapt to the changes . It is for this reason that continuous training of personnel is essential for these cases.
We take advantage of this space to demystify that automation will shut out any existing workforce. While it is true that many people have been left out of the job market for this reason, we must also understand that not all activities can be replaced by a machine.
For example, the customer service, who could prefer to interact with a robot than to be served by a person? and so on many more cases, so the Human workforce will always be important and indispensable in organizations.
We must also consider that not necessarily all procedures have to be automated, especially those where a lot of analysis is required and the answers escape from everyday life. In conclusion, we can automate repetitive tasks and those that contribute to supporting the internal management of the entity.
How to Automate a Process?
For Automate Processes A series of stages must be followed sequentially to ensure that management is successful and productive for the company. Here are those steps:
- Standardize existing processes. The above supposes that we must do a study of the activities and tasks to unify their criteria and achieve a good definition of them, since by not doing so the computer will not be able to provide successful solutions.
- Design the automation strategy. In this phase we must become aware that the company will adopt new tools (installation and configuration) or generate new developments on it (if it already exists in the company). It also consists of knowing the processes and designing the way in which they will be automated.
- Implementation. In this phase, the installation and configuration are carried out and the experts and users of the processes intervene. It is important to carry out pilot tests or run the previous and new procedures in parallel to guarantee that this stage concludes successfully.
- Continuous review. Since the process has been automated, it is necessary to carry out periodic reviews of it to ensure that it works properly or, if the opposite is the case, the corresponding adjustments can be made.
Let’s take advantage of automation to make our activities more efficient!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar