Do you know anything about medical appointments that can be requested with the support of the renowned Institute that serves social security beneficiaries IMSS?
What is IMSS?
The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) It is an institution of the federal government, autonomous and tripartite, this means that it includes the State, Employers and Workers.
The IMSS is responsible for offering health and social security services as long as you are registered with the institution. The participants of this institution are called insured or cardholder. Affiliated people get a number also called NSS
The IMSS, has the largest presence in health care and social protection since its origins in 1943, it does so by combining the investigative part and medical practice, applying good administration in such a way that its insured at some point can retire with peace of mind and offer stability to both the insured and their families.
- Program, execute and evaluate the Social Action Plan of each territory.
- Design, develop and evaluate the Institute’s service system (planning and evaluation, catalog of services and benefits and operating system) within the general framework of the sector system and in accordance with the set of programmatic and evaluation tools established by Barcelona City Council and with the regulatory deployment related to social services.
- Address for the Food Delivery Service and the Food Service in Company.
- Emergency Accommodation Directorate.
- Direction and elaboration of cooperative projects, in groups and community.
- Promote and order internally and externally, other social services that the City Council assigns to the IMSS
- Carry out the operational programming of the Institute, agreeing with the majority of areas of the City that is possible, as well as its districts.
- Cooperate with the other local services that exist, such as the social and commercial initiative, in order to improve the well-being of people and the community.
- Promote citizen participation processes at all levels covered by the Institute, through the creation of participation and consultation bodies where the most important sectors of the social community must be involved.
- Promote the operational participation of the Institute’s staff in the different organizational sectors, in order to reach innovation and the constant improvement of the production of services, always based on teamwork.
How to request a medical appointment by phone?
Through the institute’s customer service number, the user can resolve all doubts and make all queries regarding their status in the IMSS
In addition to the contact number of the IMSS you can communicate through their website www.imss.gob.mx. You can find everything you need to know there, you can get a contact chat in addition to emails and finally you have the option of going directly to the physical offices located throughout the country.
The IMSS Helpline
- IMSS Phone: 01800 623 2323
- Business Hours:Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- If it is face-to-face: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This telephone line benefits IMSS users since they can do their paperwork.
Currently the IMSS is the largest institution to provide medical assistance in the country. It is estimated that about half of Mexicans are registered or have a relationship with the IMSS
How to Make an IMSS Appointment by Phone?
If you are interested in making a medical appointment at the Mexican Institute of Social Security, there are highly trained specialists here. You can call 01 800 681 2525 free of charge. Appointments are scheduled according to the time of your preference (evening or morning). We recommend that you make the reservation in advance so that you can have more options when making your selection.
Due to the long queues that used to be in the waiting rooms of the medical centers, new schedules were added, this has allowed all the centers belonging to the Social Security Institute to improve care.
At 01800 IMSS you can check the availability of both the offices and the medical unit. The advantage of doing the process by phone is that it is free of charge. As there is a lot of demand, it may happen that you have to make several calls before you can communicate.
How do I request my appointment by phone?
- Dial the number 4000 1000 option 1 from Mexico City and the Metropolitan Area. If you are not in any of these two areas and you are in another area of the country, you must add the number 0155 and that’s it, you can get your appointment.
- supplies the RFC number
- Provides full name of the IMSS user.
- If you want to check the availability of the appointment, enter the date and time in the system.
- Use your assigned password to schedule To schedule the day and time of the appointment
Steps to follow
By calling the number 01 800 681 2525, in a few minutes you will have your assigned appointment.
You can have your appointment approximately 30 days in advance, however you can get your appointment 12 hours before.
IMPORTANT: Appointments are given in the morning or evening hours only for consultation with your family doctor and Stomatology.
The operator will ask you for the following: Full name of the patient you wish to consult, social security number, medical unit and assigned office, as well as the shift in which you consult.
If you make the calls from a public telephone, you will have no cost, however, if you make the call from a home phone or from a cell phone, the call will have an additional cost.
It can be said that it is an immediate procedure, in a few minutes you can get the desired appointment and the peace of mind that you already have a place of care with the specialist doctor without having to wait.
The operator will ask the day you want the consultation and will inform you of the available times so that you can choose the option you want. It is important that you keep the confirmation code that the operator will give you at the end of the process
If you are part of the users who cannot schedule an appointment during the week due to their work occupations, we tell you that the contact number will also allow you to make appointments for Saturdays and Sundays.
ANOTHER OPTION: The digital IMSS App, through this application you can make your appointment from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
If after doing the paperwork you have any questions, you can calmly call the IMSS: 01 800 623 23 23 where they will provide you with timely information and clarify your doubts regarding the paperwork and institutional services.
IMSS mobile application
As we mentioned before, the Institute has the IMSS digital App, this new method of requesting medical appointments is an innovative service that presents the Mexican Social Security Institute. Thanks to this new resource, the procedure digitalization strategy has expanded considerably since 8 out of 10 users can carry out this procedure via the Internet.
The IMSS Digital mobile application also offers the following features:
- Registration or consultation of the Social Security Number (NSS): Through this application, beneficiaries can consult or register their NSS.
- Discharge or change of clinic: If you have changed your residence, you can change your IMSS clinic where you receive health services at any time.
- Check validity of rights: You can check the status of validity of user rights.
- Real estate directory: You can locate IMSS clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies
- Health information: Provides data on prevention and health care.
How does it work?
This new application works very simply. The first thing you have to do is download it to your smartphone and enter it. You can see three options on the screen: “Locate, Process and Health”
- If you enter the first option, you can access a map with the IMSS facilities such as pharmacies, hospitals, there is also the option for you to enter your zip code and you will immediately see the family medicine units or nearby clinics.
- In the second, if you are interested You can search for the social security number (NSS) here, also check the validity of rights, change clinics or register, if so, you must enter your CURP and email.
- On the third sector you will find the services to schedule or consult a medical appointment, complete the questionnaires to learn prevention tips, as well as complete the online check-up questionnaires.
If you have any questions about the application or any comments about it, on the screen you will see that it has a contact number that you can call.
Now you know that through the application and online you can organize the appointment with the family doctor, yours and that of your benefactors.
- You don’t need to stand in long queues.
- It’s quick and easy.
- You must have the CURP handy.
- Provide your email.
We read soon!
Related articles that may interest you