Donating blood is an act of goodwill and solidarity that many people, luckily, still have. This good deed is almost a right in many countries of the world, and Mexico is no exception. The following question is a very common one: How do you know where to donate blood?
Today we will talk about where this procedure can be done and all the rules and conditions that must be taken into account before, during and after this process. Therefore, if you are someone interested in doing it, keep reading!
How to Know Where to Donate Blood in Mexico?
- Blood bank of the Durango Sanatorio Hospital Center
Address: Durango # 296, Roma Norte neighborhood, Cuauhtémoc. Telephone: 55 5148 4646.
- Regional Hospital Ignacio Zaragoza of the ISSSTE
Address: Calzada General Ignacio Zaragoza # 1711, Chinam Pac de Juárez neighborhood, Iztapalapa. Telephone: 55 5744 5593
- South Medical Hospital
Address: Puente de Piedra # 150, Toriello Guerra neighborhood, Tlalpan. Telephone: 55 5424 7200
- Central Bank of Blood IMSS
Address: Paseo de las Jaracandas corner with Seris, La Raza neighborhood, Azcapotzalco.
Telephone: 01 800 623 2323
- Children’s Hospital of Mexico Federico Gómez
Address: Doctor Márquez # 162, Colonia Doctores, Cuauhtémoc. Telephone: 55 5228 9917
- Hematology Services
Address: Magdalena Avenue # 442, Del Valle neighborhood, Benito Juárez. Telephone: 55 5543 3762
- Blood Bank IMSS CMN Siglo XXI
Address: Avenida Cuauhtémoc # 330, Colonia Doctores, Cuauhtémoc. Telephone: 01 800 623 2323
- Hospital Juárez de México Banco de Sangre
Address: Avenida Instituto Politécnico Nacional # 5160, Magdalena de Las Salinas neighborhood, Gustavo A. Madero.
Telephone: 55 5747 7609
- National Center for Blood Transfusion
Address: Othon De Mendizabal # 195, Zacatenco neighborhood, Gustavo A. Madero. Telephone: 55 6392 2250
- Red Cross Blood Bank
Address: Benito Pérez Galdós # 139, Polanco I Section neighborhood, Miguel Hidalgo. Telephone: 55 5557 8926
In addition, all IMSS hospitals will be receiving blood donors during these days despite not having an official bank.
How to Know Where to Donate Blood: Donation Requirements
- Go with an official and valid photo ID (INE, passport, professional ID, ADIMSS credential, valid health card, driver’s license).
- Age from 18 to 65 years.
- Not having taken medication in the last five days.
- Weight greater than 50 kilograms.
- Do not exceed hours of fasting.
- A minimum of four hours fast (avoid consuming foods with fat 24 hours before donation). During the four hours of fasting you can only ingest: juices, fruits (except banana, mamey and avocado), tea, black coffee and stay hydrated.
- Have not been: sick with flu, cough, diarrhea or dental infection in the last 14 days; undergoing endodontic treatment, acupuncture or having had tattoos or piercings in the last 12 months; or have had surgery in the last six months.
- No vaccination in the last 30 days.
- Not having ingested alcoholic beverages in 72 hours prior to donation.
- If you have high blood pressure and it is controlled or controlled, you can be a candidate for donation.
- It is recommended to appear neat, the use of comfortable clothes and short sleeves.
- It is necessary to have two hours, the approximate time of the total duration of the blood donation process.
- Minors or companions are not allowed to enter.
- If you have given life by donating blood, the Blood Bank staff will notify the hospital’s Social Work Headquarters by email about your donation in favor of your patient.
How to Know Where to Donate Blood: What is the Process Like?
The donation process has several phases:
- Reading information about the donation and its legal aspects.
- Completion of the medical interview form and authorization for donation. (Informed consent).
- Medical examination and interview.
- Test for the detection of anemia.
- Donation proper.
- Recovery and refreshment.
The questions that the health personnel conducting the interview will ask you, as well as the physical examination to which you will be subjected (blood pressure, pulse, hemoglobin) are intended to rule out any problem for which the donation you are going to make could be harmful for yourself or for the people who will receive the products obtained from your donation.
In the event that any of these problems are detected, health personnel may not authorize you to make the donation at this time.
How to Know Where to Donate Blood: Donation Benefits
- Helps stimulate the production of new blood cells in your body.
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and cardiovascular accidents.
- Triglycerides are cleared.
- Iron levels are cleaned from the blood.
- Improves blood flow.
Who can’t do it?
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar