If you are a client of the Federal Electricity Commission, but you still don’t know How to Pay for Electricity, do not worry. We help you here in that and many other things so that you can do it the way you prefer and with the means you prefer. And if you are not yet a registered user on the CFE website, we also help you to register.
Registering on the CFE website has many benefits. Through the page you can pay your bills, report problems with the electric service or request a review of your meter. If, on the other hand, you are one of those who prefers to avoid online payments, we also help you with those other payment methods.
What are you waiting for? Learn how to pay for electricity
How to pay for the Light?
One of the simplest basic services to pay in Mexico is electricity. The Federal Electricity Commission has made various payment options available. From face-to-face modalities in bank branches, shops and convenience stores to online services.
Additionally, the CFE allows the possibility of paying at ATMs (the CFEmáticos) that expands the options to cancel the amount of the service. Whether you choose the face-to-face or online mode, you will have many options to pay.
The procedure to cancel your electricity bill online is very simple. Enough with open a user account on the official website of the CFE. With this we can pay for the service through a computer or through an App if we use a smartphone.
Next we will explain how to pay for the service through the modality online. But first, we are going to explain the simple procedure to create an account on the CFE digital platform:
- The first thing you should do to enter the CFE’s official website.
- Once the window is displayed, enter a username.
- Enter a password that you can always remember, as it will be required to make the payment process.
- Confirm the password you entered in the previous field.
- Indicate your email or email account.
- Press the “OK” button located in the lower left corner.
After pressing the “Accept” button, you must confirm the email that was sent to you to continue the procedure. Once you press the “Accept” button in the email confirmation, enter the username and password and follow the following steps:
- Press the “New” button to enter the data of the service you are going to affiliate.
- Enter the service number, located at the bottom of your bill.
- Indicates the name of the service (home, office, etc).
- Enter the total amount to pay of the invoice without decimals. In order to successfully complete the process, it is necessary that you use the last receipt issued by the CFE.
- Press the “OK” button.
How to pay for electricity online
ANDThe procedure to cancel the light online is very simple, besides being quite comfortable and fast. If you want to complete your payment through this modality, follow these steps with which we will help you pay for the CFE electricity service:
- Enter the CFE’s official website.
- Enter your username and password and press the “Enter” button.
- Select the option “Check your receipt”
- Verify the amount and the service to pay and click “Pay online”.
- Check again the amount and the service to pay and press the “Pay” button.
- Enter the email where you will receive the payment receipt and the 10-digit phone number. Press the “Continue” button.
- Select a payment method (Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Bancomer points)
- Enter the card details that are requested.
- Select the “I’m not a robot” checkbox and press the “Pay” button.
- Wait for the transaction to complete and verify the ticket sent to your email.
If you do not have an Internet connection or prefer to pay for the service in person, the CFE offers you other options:
- Bank branches
- Convenience stores
One of the fastest face-to-face payment options is CFEmaticoso. A kind of “ATMs” where the CFE receives your payments directly. These “ATMs” are located at various points and you can cancel your bill 24 hours a day. To use this service, follow these steps:
- Bring the barcode of your invoice to the infrared sensor. Make sure the barcode is facing the front and the indicator lights are above the code.
- MANUALLY enter your service number. Be careful when entering it because if you are missing a number you will not be able to activate the payment process.
- Verify that the amount to pay shown on the ATM screen verifies with the amount of the invoice. This is in case you do not have pending invoice payments.
- If the figure shown seems correct, press the “Pay” button. The slot where you must enter the money will immediately open.
- Enter the amount of money required and wait for the operation to be processed.
- Collect your change (if any) and the payment receipt issued by the CFEmatico as a sign that the operation was successfully completed.
Another way to pay for electricity in person is through any OXXO establishment. You just have to take your service invoice and give it to the cashier. This service is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have a smart card, you just have to recharge it online, at the CFE offices or at any corresponding ATM. Once recharged, place the smart card in the light meter for 15 seconds until it registers it.
What is the cost?
You should know that the cost of domestic electricity service It is calculated from the rate of those services exclusively identified as for domestic use. That is, those loads that according to the provisions of the “DAC Rate” are not considered high consumption and are individually connected in each residence.
The services corresponding to these rates will be provided in low voltage, for which no other general use rate is applied.
The calculation of the amount of the electricity bill is made from the rates applied according to the energy load consumed. That is to say, the more energy is consumed, the higher the rate used for the calculation. Rates are calculated based on the following consumption considerations:
- Basic: $ 0.851 for each of the first 75 kilowatt-hours.
- Intermediate: $ 1,028 for each of the next 65 kilowatt-hours.
- Surplus: $ 3,011 for each additional kilowatt-hours consumed.
How do you know when to pay for the electricity?
In the receipt issued by the CFE, it appears both the invoiced period, as well as the payment deadline and the service cut-off date. These data are located in the upper left corner of the receipt under the “Total to pay”.
You can also check the date of payment of your electricity bill on the official website of the CFE. To do this you must enter the page, enter your username and password and select the option “Check receipt”.
Another way to check the payment date is through the CFE Contigo App on a smartphone or by checking the meter’s led indicator. If the light bulb is solid green, it means that you are in the payment period for the service.
How to Print the Light Receipt?
Above we have explained How to pay for electricity in the different modalities and through the different forms of payment. Now we will explain how to print the electricity bill. In principle there are two ways to do it. The first is through the page of the Mexican government itself and for this you must:
- Enter the official website of the government of Mexico.
- Select the option “Electricity receipt”
- Enter the name of the service.
- Enter the service number as it appears on the invoice.
- Enter the telephone prefix (LADA).
- Enter the digits of the landline or mobile phone number.
- Enter an email.
- Check the box “I’m not a robot” and press the “Continue” button.
- Select the icon that is formatted as a “PDF” file.
- Download the invoice on your computer and print it.
The other option is simpler through the official CFE website, but for this you must have a user created. If you have a user, go to the official website of the CFE, enter your username and password. Select the option “Check receipt” and the page itself will allow you to print the receipt directly.
If you want more information about it, here is the link to access the official website of the Federal Electricity Commission, where you can consult more details.
Thanks for reading! Follow our page to find out how we can continue to help you
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar