How to recover WhatsApp backup? Currently this tool has become one of the most sought after. Therefore, do not worry if you need to carry out this process. In the following article we will indicate step by step everything you need to do to do it.
WhatsApp is an application that is used on smartphones. In addition, it is very useful to be in communication with friends, family, among others. The platform is international and you can chat with anyone from anywhere in the world where you are. It has no limitations, and the service it provides is excellent.
How to recover WhatsApp backup
To effectively reset your visit history using the backup saved to Google Drive, you must have a similar phone number and Google account similar to the one you used to make the backup.
To reset a booster, follow these means:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- When prompted, tap RESTORE to retrieve your visits and media documents from the duplicate saved in Google Drive.
- After the reset cycle is complete, tap NEXT. Your talks will appear after the introduction is finished.
- Once visits are restored, WhatsApp will start to restore your media documents.
- If you never saved a booster to Google Drive and reinstalled WhatsApp, your visits will be retrieved from one of the nearby boosters and you saved money on your cell phone.
Restore a backup from Google Drive
WhatsApp it is an extremely famous and valuable informal organization. It is continually improving and refreshing. In any case, today one of its weak points is still transferring the information to another versatile device, or the same, when due to some problem the application must be deleted and reinstalled.
In these cases, it may happen that for unknown reasons your chat history does not. They don’t stack while resetting from the booster. In this line, below we will clarify what could be the possible causes and solutions.
Note: To backup on a Pixel phone or Nexus device, you must update Android to version 6.0 or later.
You can back up and restore attachments on a Pixel phone or Nexus device:
- Call History
- Gadget Settings
- Contacts (alter)
- SMS (Pixel phones so to speak)
- Photographs and recordings (Pixel phones so to speak)
Discover and monitor reinforcements
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Contact menu -> Backup copies.
- Get in touch with the booster you need to monitor.
You can view your cell phone boosters or WhatsApp visit messages on Google Drive, as well as check the situation with a booster.
You can back up attached items and restore them:
- WhatsApp information
- Android device boosters
- Discover and monitor reinforcements
If you delete a booster, you won’t have the option to get it back.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left base, under “Capacity”, click on the number.
- In the upper right corner, click Backups.
Choose an option:
- View backup details: Right-click the Armor Preview.
- Delete a backup: right-click tap Delete backup.
How to recover Whatsapp backup: Restore a local backup
If you need to use private storage booster, you need to move these records to your new phone with PC, document manager or SD card.
Keep in mind
- Your phone stores backups over the previous seven days.
- Neighborhood reinforcements are carried out every day at 2:00 a.m. In addition, they are saved as a document on your phone.
- If the information is not in the envelope / sdcard / WhatsApp /, it is very possible that it is in the “internal capacity” or “basic storage” organizers.
How to recover Whatsapp backup: Restore an older local backup
In case you need to reset a neighborhood booster that is not the most recent one, follow these means:
- Download an app to monitor logs.
- In the log monitor, go to sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases. In the event that your information is saved to the SD card, you may see different envelopes labeled “internal capacity” or “primary storage” instead of “sd card”.
- Change the name of the backup you need to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. The more established hardener may be a more experienced convention, for example crypt9 or crypt10. Try not to change the convention number.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- When prompted, touch RESET.
Most common problems when recovering WhatsApp chats
If you’ve figured out how to do your boost, you shouldn’t have any problems getting your discussion history back. However, as you probably know, the fact of the matter is not generally this. We suggest you examine the most common and the least difficult errors:
Organization of portable information or restricted Wi-Fi
Before you agonize over other potential disappointments, see that your Wi-Fi or data network gets closer to the Internet. This is more normal than it seems. To fix this, on several occasions you simply need to reset your modem or recharge your line.
Not a similar Google Drive account
In the event that you have more than one Gmail account and you accidentally pile up the log information where the backups of WhatsApp visits are not, then at that point it will be unimaginable for you to recover them. Assuming this is the case, ideally you should check which account you synced your new all-in-one with. Remember that sometimes the most worrying problems come from the least complex slip-ups.
Miscellaneous phone number
It will not retrieve your discussion history in case you have changed your number, as boosting is done explicitly for one number/customer. In the event that you have lost your line and not much time has passed, you can go to your administrator to try to solve the problem.
What Happens When Android Boost Fails?
The booster will be saved as long as you continue to use the device frequently. If you don’t use it within about fourteen days, an expiration date may appear under the booster. This date tells you how long the booster will be stored without requiring any additional activity on your part.
After 57 days, the booster will end. The moment this happens, it will naturally disappear from Drive and be deleted. Monitor your updates so you don’t lose important data.
What happens when your WhatsApp booster expires?
WhatsApp boosters that haven’t been updated in over a year will be naturally removed from Google Drive
Another elective strategy to recover your conversations when the reinforcement falls short
In case you have tried everything and the problem really continues, there is one last option to physically recover your WhatsApp visits.
- To get started, you need to connect the laptop to your PC.
- Find the WhatsApp organizer.
- Once there, open the “Information Base” subfolder.
- Duplicate the documents in this organizer and then move them to another envelope on your PC.
- Open this new organizer and delete the document named “db.crypt7” or “msgstore.db.crypt8”.
- Then, at that point, go to the WhatsApp booster envelope, in your versatile, and select the duplicate that you need to recover.
- Change the name, which can be “Chatsettingsbackup.db.cr” to “db.crypt7”.
- Currently, you simply need to download WhatsApp again on your portable device.
- As long as it is introduced, do not open the application yet, first go to the new organizer that you created on your PC, duplicate the “db.crypt7” record and paste it into the “Information Base” envelope on your versatile.
- Also, voila, you simply need to tap to reset and you will have your booster with no hassle.
Instructions to make a backup in Google Drive
To use boosters in Google Drive, you need the following:
- A working Google account on your phone.
- The Google Play Services app introduced on your phone as it is used to update Google apps and Google Play Store apps.
- Enough free space on your phone to make the booster.
- A web association with a solid and stable sign.
Set up boosters in Google Drive
- Open WhatsApp.
- Contact More options > Settings > Chats > Backup > Save to Google Drive.
- Select a recurrence with which you need reinforcements other than Never to be saved.
- Select the Google account you need to use to back up your chat history.
- In case you don’t have a Google account connected, tap Add account when prompted and enter your login credentials.
- Contact Save using to choose the type of organization you need to use to save reinforcements.
- Saving reinforcements using versatile information can increase your use of information and lead to additional charges.
Save a backup to Google Drive manually
Google Drive among its functions has the option to Save a Backup manually. To do this, we indicate how to perform this procedure:
- Access the WhatsApp Platform.
- Touch More options > Settings > Chats > Backup > SAVE.
- Finally, the process is finished.
If you liked this article about the How to recover WhatsApp backup We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you