land use refers to a portion of surface and the potential that can be used from it, the certificate of land use issued by the secretariat of urban development and housing allows a correct distribution of it, taking into account if the sector where it is located is rural or urban. Are you interested? Keep reading!
Requirements for the Land Use Certificate
What do I need for the Land Use Certificate?
People who wish to obtain the land use certificate in Mexico must meet the following requirements:
- Clearly fill out the unique application form and sign it.
- Along with the application form, there must be a document specifying the address where the area or property subject to processing is located, it must also indicate the use for which it is intended or the use it is intended to give to it.
- If the land is empty, you must specify what you want to build, or if it is already built, you will have to indicate the built surface and the use of the space. Finally, the cadastral number or code must be included.
- Original and copy of the document specifying ownership or possession of the place, certified by the public registry.
- The notarial power of the legal representative of the land is required, in case of being a moral person, it must carry the articles of incorporation.
- If what is needed is a use with a regional impact, a document that supports said impact must be attached to the requirements. The mentioned document is acquired in the secretariat of urban development and housing.
Types of use
Soil types can be grouped into:
- Land use in rural populations and communities: residences, rooms and commercial rooms.
- Conservation land use: This type of soil encompasses rural agro-industrial production and the rescue of affected areas and ecological preservation.
- The urban land: This typology covers the residential area, housing plus commerce, office building or mixed use. It also frames the use of open spaces and their equipment, as well as the use of green areas.
Where does this process take place?
The process of obtaining a land use certificate is carried out before the secretariat of urban development and housing, also known as SEDUVI. That is responsible for the protection, conservation and proper use of soil, ensuring that the immediate context of the property or business to be built will not be modified.
Steps to follow
The steps to follow to qualify for obtaining the land use certificate in Mexico are as follows:
- First, the applicant must complete the aforementioned requirements.
- Subsequently, you must go to the secretariat of urban development and housing – SEDUVI where you will be awarded a folio which you must protect.
- In a period between 5 and 15 business days, the requested permit will be delivered.
NOTE: The applicant must check that the documents are properly identified and organized, if not, they will be informed and will have a period of 5 business days to reorganize the requirements.
The cost of issuing a land use certificate varies according to the geographical area in which they are located.
The costs are as follows:
- 10 times the minimum wage valid for the date on which the request is made, according to the corresponding geographical area.
- 25 times the minimum wage valid for the date on which the request is made, to which an additional fee is added if the area requires any field inspection.
- 25 times the current minimum wage for the date on which the request is made, an additional one will be added if the area requires any technical study.
What is the certificate necessary for?
The land use certificate is necessary to know the use that can be given to a given area of land.
Before deciding the use that will be given to a piece of land, it is necessary to obtain the land use certificate to know if it is possible to build or use the area for what we want; If you still do not know what use the area will have, you can make a decision once you have the certificate in hand, considering the uses specified therein.
If you want to modify and/or remodel a building, you must adhere to the law and what is specified in the land use certificate.
The land use certificate guarantees that what will be built or the space that will be remodeled on the land will not interfere with the daily life of the complex.
What body is in charge of certification?
The body in charge of granting the certificate of land use is SEDUVI, known as the secretariat of urban development and housing.
This office is located at Avenida Insurgentes Sur 235, Roma Norte, 06700 in Mexico City.
The benefits of land use must be both for the population and for the environment.
The disposition of the laws that regulate the use of the spaces allows to satisfy the needs of the population without compromising the environment in a risky way.
Enjoying the benefit of having a land use certificate allows the use given to the land to be in accordance with Mexican regulations and laws.
- What is the validity of the land use certificate?
The land use certificate is valid for 12 consecutive months from the business day following the one on which it was approved.
- What are the opening hours of SEDUVI?
The user service hours of the urban development and housing secretariat are from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- What is the zoning certificate?
The zoning certificate granted by SEDUVI and in which the proper use of your property or property (or whatever it is certifying) is specified.
Consequently, if the land does not meet the established specifications established by the land use, it is possible that the owner must pay a fine that SEDUVI will order, in addition, the remodeling that is being carried out may be paralyzed until the urban development secretariat and housing decides whether it should be demolished or simply make the modifications in accordance with the law.
The use of land translates into the development and growth of a city, in this sense, the provision that is given to the land will be part of the structure of the city that we want, since this will define its operation, based on the characteristics of the spaces. and the use that is given to them.
Related articles that may interest you