The marriage certificate It is the document that is issued by the civil manager in a civil registry office at the request of the applicant. If you are interested in applying for it, continue reading!
What is the Marriage Certificate?
The certificate certifies the act of marriage between two people describing the date, time and place of the event.
To obtain a marriage certificate in Mexico, the applicant couple must meet the following documents and requirements:
For people born in the national territory
As the procedure was carried out in Mexican territory, once the marriage is executed, it is registered and to obtain its certification you only have to enter the following page: Civil registration and select “online certificates”.
You can also request it by going to the civil registry office closest to your home, with the applicant’s documentation number and the folio number that was issued on the day of the marriage.
This applies to the certification of a marriage certificate between a Mexican and a foreigner.
- The original of the marriage certificate duly legalized, apostilled and with its proper translation into Spanish (the last condition applies depending on the country in question).
- Identification of the applicant with a photograph (if it is the case of two foreigners, they must present, in addition to the aforementioned, a certified copy of the court proceedings accompanied by the official letter that supports the documents).
- Receipt of payment corresponding to the procedure.
Steps to follow for the certification process
The steps that the applicant must complete to obtain the certification of their marriage are the following:
- The applicant must go to the civil registry office that is closest to their home, they must do so with the documents and requirements that are requested.
- Once the applicant’s documents are received, the official in charge of the process delivers an application for registration of a foreign act.
- Once the interested party clearly completes the form that was granted, they are given a procedure number issued by the comprehensive civil registry system, with which the user must pay a fee corresponding to the payment of the procedure being carried out. .
- Once the payment is made, you will be given a receipt with which you can schedule an appointment in which the registration will be issued.
- Then, with the procedure number, the integral system of civil registration It will allow you access to the system in which everything related to the translation of the delivered document will be transcribed, including the request, the corresponding record and its respective apostille.
- Finally, the applicant must return to the office on the day and at the time that was agreed upon in which the preliminary format will be delivered so that they can proceed to its complete verification. In the event that everything is correctly transcribed, the corresponding formats for the file will be printed together with the original registration format for the user who requested the procedure.
The cost that corresponds to the certification of the marriage certificate in Mexican territory is $342.00 mxs, a fee that corresponds to the payment of the procedure and the printed certificate issued. The aforementioned amount must be made so that an appointment can be scheduled in the registry and continue with the process that allows you to obtain the marriage certificate.
Document delivery time
The document is delivered immediately, once the applicant has complied with the aforementioned precautions and completed the process that will allow him to obtain the certificate.
What is the certificate for?
The marriage certificate credits the information to anyone who is registered in the civil registry.
In addition, the issuance of the marriage certificate allows knowing the relative data of an adoptive filiation or that could be unknown by either spouse. As well as to have some type of interest if an abortion file were to be presented.
This document also serves to have an interest in causes of annulment, divorce or separation of any kind, as well as the suspension or deprivation of the parental authority of a minor.
The advantages or benefits obtained by getting married are the following:
- Possibility of joint taxation.
- The marriage and the issuance of the certificate of the same allows the inheritance due to the death of one of the spouses, if there were children, the surviving spouse corresponds to a third of the inheritance or half of it if it occurred with the parents of the deceased. If it were the case that the deceased did not have parents or children, the entire inheritance would correspond to him when there is no will.
- Taxes of some successions so that the surviving spouse and children may receive a remuneration in the tax.
- Widow’s pension in case one of the spouses dies.
- Social Security, even if only one of the spouses works, it is enough so that the other, if he were to ever be absent, can enjoy a survivor’s pension.
- A series of tax benefits as a couple for the spouses.
- When should the marriage certificate be requested from the corresponding entity?
The request for the certificate can be made when the spouses decide, at any time of the year in which the registry is working.
- Who can complete the application process for a marriage certificate?
The request for the marriage certificate must be made by one of the spouses or by a third person with their authorization.
- Who issues the marriage certificate?
The marriage certificate is issued by an official who works in the facilities of the legal department.
- What is the act for requesting a marriage certificate in Mexico?
In http://www.beta.inegi.org.mx/contenidos/programas/nupcialidad/doc/actas_mat.pdf you can get the act for the request of the marriage certificate.
The issuance of this certificate allows the spouses to enjoy certain benefits due to the civil status that is before the Mexican justice system. It also allows foreigners to be legal and make their marriage known to the state.
We hope it has served you! You know. If you are a foreigner and want to be legally, process your marriage certificate.
Related articles that may interest you