The Proactive Administration allows a company to improve the strategies it employs in meeting its objectives. In this sense, it is in charge of anticipating a situation and creating the appropriate channels to deal with said situation, should it arise. Thus, this administration is of the preventive type, rather than reactive.
Knowing it is very important, so today we will explain everything about it. We will tell you what it is, what its objectives are, what reactive administration is and what are the differences between the two. Finally, we will tell you the advantages of adapting to this type of administration. If you’re interested, keep reading!
What is Proactive Administration?
Let’s start by answering the question about What is Proactive Administration? In this way you will be able to better understand the rest of the information that we will give you, starting from its concept and emphasizing how important it is as a tool for business stability.
The Proactive Administration It is a type of management that allows you to anticipate a series of situations, establishing strategies and action plans to prevent them and attend to them in case they arrive. That is, you act to correct the factors that could lead to a negative result, rather than just reacting to it.
As a result, it seeks to establish a preventive culture, supported by plans to manage or correct any problem, so that these situations are increasingly unlikely.
This concept is nothing new. Like many others, such as productivity or efficiency, it not only applies to the business field, but is also adaptable to the personal and educational fields.
This type of administration is closely related to the uncertainty. Why? Well, it’s basically a way that you can deal with it. Instead of things happening and surprising us, it proposes a proactive attitude, that is, focused on before instead of al after.
This is very important in a world like today, in which markets are constantly changing. It is vital that companies are prepared for any situation rather than just seeing how to act once the worst happens. This approach makes it possible to guarantee their permanence, as well as the achievement of their long-term objectives.
Objectives of Proactive Administration
Now that you know what it is, let’s talk about Objectives of Proactive Administration. More than objectives, they are purposes focused on this management. Knowing them will allow you to have a clearer idea of what this approach consists of, for which we will indicate them below. Let’s see!
- Is looking minimize uncertainty inherent to the market since it prepares the company to face certain situations that could arise and affect it in an undesired way.
- Establish action plans and strategies that allow to prevent negative situations for the company.
- Define action plans and strategies aimed at attend possible future situations.
- Periodically carry out analyzes on the company performance. The SWOT analysis It serves to see the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats that the company faces. Based on the information obtained, strategies may be carried out that affect these sources.
- Carry one Planification and organization, through the direction or control, of the company’s resources. These can be human, financial, material, technological.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Finally, have a focus on continuous improvement, with projections for the future.
These are the goals of this administration. As you can see, in general, it focuses on making projections about the company. This is analyzed in the present, to create strategies for the future.
What is Reactive Administration?
On the other hand, there is what is called the Reactive Administration. You could say that this is the opposite approach, the antonym, of the Proactive Administration. We will explain what it is about, so that you also take it into account and you can get to know both for your organization, institution or company.
The Reactive AdministrationAs its name implies, it is that approach that deals with problems or situations once they arrive. That is, instead of preventing and planning, it simply focuses on reacting to sudden changes that affect a company.
Basically, as the scenarios have not been previously projected, then it is up to the management of the company to solve the problems as soon as they arise. This means that he does it in an improvised way and, in a usual way, this has consequences since it is not known if the decision taken spontaneously is the best.
It’s more, bad decisions are probably made. This is due to the fact that they act under adrenaline and without taking into account important aspects about the company. In other words, the decision that is made, since it has not been planned, does not consider all the effects it could have on the company.
As you can see, it is the complete opposite of proactive. Here there is no planning, no coordination, or studies on the company and its threats. In reality, it is an administration that arises at the same time as unexpected situations.
Obviously we recommend the proactive one. In the next section you will be able to know the differences between the two, but you can already see them from here. You can implement both as a complement, if you wish.
The truth is that both approaches can exist at the same time in a company. That is, management can learn to improvise and make accurate decisions in a short time. Also, you can have backup plans for situations that are likely to occur.
Differences between Proactive and Reactive Administration
Although you already know the main difference, in the same way we will talk to you about the Differences between Proactive and Reactive Administration. Next, we list the most important ones, so that you can keep them in mind.
- First, the most obvious: one is in charge of react, the other from to prevent. While one waits for the situation to arrive to improvise, the other sits down to study the company, see the threats and create strategies for the future (projects).
- Reactive management is usually more disorganized, even authoritarian. Many times it happens that a teamwork philosophy is needed, since it is the manager or the management that manages everything, without taking into account the workers and what they can contribute. This tends to prevent the latter from committing to business objectives.
- The proactive, on the contrary, usually encourages a pleasant work environment, with constant training programs for staff and teamwork is valued. This commits workers to the objectives of the company, in addition to these being part of the formulation of proactive strategies
- Proactive management takes care of the planning, both in the short term and in the medium and long term, as well as creating strategies, training and preparing for the future. In this sense, the reactive does not plan, only attend when the time comes. Focus more on emergency situations and promote limited vision on short-term goals.
We hope that the differences between the two approaches have been made clear to you. Again, you can get something positive out of both. In other words, a proactive approach should be promoted as a primary approach, but it is also important to know how to improvise efficiently; that is, make good decisions in a short time.
Advantages of this approach
Finally, let’s talk about the Advantages of Proactive Administration. It is important that you know the benefits of this form of organization, so that you do not have doubts about its importance and the reason why you should adopt it in your company. Next, we indicate what they are:
- It makes planning, decision making and problem solving easier and more effective.
- Develops the ability to manage administrative activities.
- It focuses on the now and the future.
- Analyze, prevent and attend to face the future of the company.
- It allows you to find the source of the problems, and choose the most reliable and appropriate plan of action, in addition to ensuring the uncertain future.
- Reduce uncertainty to the max.
- Additionally, it allows subordinates to understand how they should solve problems.
- The resources of the company are used efficiently. When there is no planning, these are usually used in a sub-optimal.
- Encourage skills to know how to sell a certain idea, given the preparation of the company in all its areas.
- Finally, it makes it easier to manage time efficiently in terms of handling certain situations.
Like these there are many other advantages that you can see for yourself if you implement this type of administration in your company. As you can see, it has very positive effects on its performance and can allow it to grow steadily over time. We definitely recommend using it.
Now you know what the Proactive Administration. You know what it is about, what its goals are and why it is so beneficial. Not only that, but you got to know about the Reactive Administration and the differences it has with the first. We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for.
Until next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar