Quality is synonymous with great service, so all companies must worry about providing the best. This is possible thanks to Quality assurement, that can increase the trust and security of users or clients in front of the institution. Therefore, in this article we explain what it is, what are its components, characteristic and more.
Keep reading to know all the information!
What is Quality Assurance?
The Quality assurance It is defined as the different actions that companies, institutions or organizations take in order to deliver goods or services to consumers or users with the expected level of quality.
For this reason, applying a system of Quality assurement It multiplies the trust and the security towards the consumers or users of the companies since it is guaranteed that the products will meet the appropriate quality conditions.
All this is done through the application of various quality standards that are regulated under a system that allows organization, direction and control within the entire process.
To put it in other words, the Quality assurement It could be conceived as a type of audit, which verifies and validates that the quality standards are met within the products or services, that is, it confirms that all the minimum procedures expected in the product are met.
Now, for companies to comply with this assurance, they must follow a series of actions that are previously considered, planned, systematized and implemented as a set of rules to follow.
Likewise, it is necessary that all the processes involved in quality assurance are duly documented. From planning and stipulating tasks or responsibilities, to recording the results and all the observation mechanisms that are applied within each company.
Quality Assurance Features
Some of the characteristics that can be mentioned in this type of process are:
- It promotes a control mechanism against the quality of the product or service.
- It allows the analysis and reduction of costs.
- It prevents possible future errors.
- Highlight the good design or production of the product.
- Demonstrate commitment to the brand or company.
- Improve internal management.
What is a Quality Assurance System?
After explaining all of the above, we will now talk about what a quality assurance system is. This, as such, is the process that is implemented with the aim of offering continuous and constant improvement to the project of the company or institution.
With this, it is possible to reduce the waste of the various materials, culminate with activities that do not add value and that increase costs, and therefore efficiency and quality in the products offered is promoted.
What is Quality Assurance applied for?
The Quality assurement It is applied for many reasons, but the two most representative are: the reduction of costs and materials and the direct and immediate improvement of the quality of the service or product.
Productivity and reduction of costs or materials
At this point, it is essential to avoid the waste of materials within the production process of the product. With this, the productivity of the company is immediately improved, as it is specifically focused on achieving the objectives that customers expect on the quality of the product.
Also, with the Quality assurement They can reduce costs or the use of materials, since they identify those activities that only increase costs and do not add value to the matter.
Increased quality and customer satisfaction
In the same sense, the assurance increases the quality of the products that the client receives, which provides the sufficient confidence that one wants to obtain, while remaining documented and certified.
This translates into satisfied customers, which in turn allow them to increase their purchase frequency and recommend products, generating stronger revenues and higher profits.
Quality Assurance Components
The system Quality assurement has the following components:
This is a manual that includes the important data that must be considered for use in the quality management plan of each company. For this reason, here are defined the specific instructions to achieve the objectives individually in each organization.
Quality control measures
In this line, with quality control measures it is possible to measure and establish the degree or level of quality achieved in each activity of the process. Said measures can use criteria such as returns in established terms, forms of execution of budgets, frequency of errors or others.
Reports regarding the performance achieved
On the other hand, the reports or reports of achieved performance must be developed within certain periods of time in the middle of the parts of the project. With this, it will be possible to monitor how activities are being carried out and avoid waste with materials or costs.
At this point it is also possible to check if times are being met, in accordance with those established in the schedules, it is possible to check the route of the delivery process, and finally, to measure the technical performance or of any other activity that involves costs.
How is the implementation done?
To develop and implement a correct and good Quality Assurance system, it is advisable to consider the following:
Convincing the ringleaders or leaders
This aspect is very relevant since it is essential that the managers, heads or leaders of the companies are fully convinced of the benefits that will be obtained with the implementation of the management plan. Quality assurement.
With this, in addition, the project will be able to count on your support and contribution within the entire system.
Choose the best system and communicate it to all levels of the company
You will have to choose the best system or model of Quality assurement that will be used by the company.
However, this is not enough, because this information must be shared at all levels of the company, to its members, employees or representatives of positions. The mission is always the same: to achieve acceptance and teamwork.
Have an implementation manager
A leader, or a person who assumes the command as responsible for carrying out the entire process of development and implementation of the project, is indispensable. Thus, this person may later appoint a committee, made up of key people, to form the corresponding work team within the execution of the project.
This committee will be in charge of coordinating everything from the beginning, reviewing and approving the quality manual, until the moment of establishing the procedures, carrying out periodic reviews until the final result is reached.
Finally, there will be opportunities, it will be necessary to seek or consult external advice in order to carry out the implementation of the Quality Assurance system.
Tools and techniques for the implementation of the Quality Assurance system
To achieve a good implementation of the Quality assurement two key technical tools are needed. On the one hand, the quality audit and on the other the analysis of processes.
- Quality audit: This is a structured review and supervision of the process. All with the purpose of determining if the operations follow the corresponding policies and procedures agreed by the organization with respect to quality. At this point, it is mainly sought to examine the practices that are carried out, detect possible failures, support and guide the improvement process and finally analyze the data collected.
- Process analysis: On the other hand, the process analyzes are the ones that will determine which are the stages that urgently need improvement. Likewise, it takes care of the inconveniences that arise as well as the activities that do not generate no value.
In short, process analyzes find problems and their possible causes, with the aim of solving them and generating preventive strategies.
Importance of Quality Assurance Systems
Quality is the key differentiator in the markets. Therefore, although there is no perfect process that is free from errors, the Quality assurance They allow us to know irregularities, attack them at the root and thus improve the quality of the product or service.
In the midst of an increasingly competitive market, quality takes the lead and needs permanent evolution. Therefore, this tool allows to expose new mechanisms and propose new forms of adaptation.
Benefits of the Quality Assurance System
Being a complement to the Quality management system, the Quality Assurance process can yield great benefits, such as:
- Strengthens the coordination of tasks and responsibilities. This is because it focuses directly on optimizing processes and confirming their effectiveness. In other words, it guarantees the good and correct functioning of the processes within the institution or company.
- Promotes confidence and security. For clients and investors, maintaining a quality standard provides a solid system of trust and security. For partners or investors, because it is a way of checking that their investments are safe. For its part, for customers because it is a process that generates sufficient confidence when choosing products in the market or enjoying a service as a user.
- Reduces the risk of failures. Thanks to the constant monitoring or checking that provides a correct system of Quality assurement, there are fewer failures within the processes. However, while errors are not ruled out, they do greatly reduce the likelihood of their occurrence. Well, they help companies to protect themselves and be better prepared to face problems.
Thank you for reading!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar