In this article you will explain what are the Requirements for Donating Blood. If you have always wanted to donate, here we will highlight the step by step. Take note!
The June 14th the day is commemorated Blood Donor World. Also on this day people thank the citizens who have been donors for their help and contribution.
These aids have saved a lot of citizens all over the world. That is why if you want to donate the requirements will be explained below.
What are the Requirements to Donate Blood?
The Requirements to donate blood are as follows:
- The citizen must access with an original identification with a updated photography (Either Ine, passport, Adimss credential, health document).
- The age to donate is from 18 years to 65 years.
- The person must weigh at least 50 kg.
- The citizen to donate must fast at least 4 hours minimum. It is important that the person does not eat food that has fat 24 hours before the process to donate.
- The citizen must eat at least four hours with juices, fruits (discarding the banana, mamey and avocado), tea and coffee, to keep him hydrated.
- Do not exceed the fasting hours.
- The citizen must be in optimal healthy conditions. That is, you will not be able to do it if you are sick with diarrhea, flu, dental infection for at least 14 days.
- The person should not take medication for at least the 5 days before.
- If you wish to donate, you will not be able to do so if you have undergone surgery less 6 months.
- You will not be able to donate if a vaccine was last 30 days.
- The citizen cannot drink beverages containing alcohol during 72 hours.
- If you suffer from blood pressure and are under control, you can agree to donate.
It is important to emphasize that the citizen who is going to donate must be presentable with a comfortable outfit and have short sleeves. It is also recommended that you arrive earlier because the procedure lasts approximately two hours.
Benefits for the Patient
The benefits that the patient contains:
- With each donation you can help at least 3 people that they need it.
- Patients when obtaining blood can strengthen your body, because the body begins to develop new cells that gives way to a clean fluid.
- Donating the patient demonstrates the blood circulates better, this means that it reduces arterial blockage and suffer a heart attack.
- To donate blood you will have to check your pulse, hemoglobin level and especially if you have HIV.
- The person who receives the blood will help you solve your problems with bleeding and platelets.
It is a satisfaction that people help to donate blood to citizens who need it, that is why there are several benefits for the donor that are the following:
- Helps stimulate the production of new blood cells in the body.
- Decreases the danger of suffer heart attacks and cardiovascular accidents.
- The triglycerides.
- It is disinfected the levels of Iron in the blood
- Donating blood increases lung capacity, oxidation levels in tissues.
- Save people’s lives.
Who cannot donate blood?
As there are requirements to donate blood, there are also people who cannot do it, who are the following:
- The people who are Taking medicines that impede the donation process.
- Women who have the menstruation with irregular periods.
- Pregnant women found in the lactation cycle.
- Citizens who have made any tattoos or piercings they must wait at least a year.
- People who have suffered from hepatitis from the age of 11.
- If you weigh less than 5o kilos you will not be able to donate. The explanation is that the bags used to retain blood are 450 c, just the amount that can be removed from a person if they weigh 50 kilos.
- Not having multiple sexual partners.
- People who have been interned in criminal or mental organizations.
Blood Bank of Mexico
Complying with the official Mexican regulations of the Health Secretary. The purpose of the Blood Bank of the Mexican territory is to maintain and protect the reserves of blood components such as: Erythrocytes, platelets, plasmas, cryoprecipitates, among others.
These reserves are under strict and severe inspections that comply with the official Mexican rules of the Ministry of Health.
In this Bank High-end technology equipment is evidenced with which they offer a service consistent and fundamental to the needs of the public.
- Has good medical evaluation for people who will donate blood or blood components
- Collection and collection of blood autologous or allogeneic.
- Collection of hemocomponents by apheresis.
- Collect a large part of hematopoietic progenitor cells.
- Therapeutic plasma supplement.
- Rescue cell phone in the operating room.
- Specification of blood group type ABO / Rh.
- Phenotyping of red blood cells to various systems.
- Examination by anti-globulin be it direct or indirect.
- Assessment screening in donors to diseases that are transmitted through transfusion.
- Recognize irregular antibodies.
Recommendations for Donating Blood
Donating blood is a process where the volunteer performs a blood draw, and then introduces it to the other person who needs it. Blood is then described depending on its components such as: red blood cells, plasma and platelets. If you want to donate blood, follow the following recommendations:
- You must be prepared if you want to do this.
- Inform the people in charge of the donation process if at the end you are receiving medication.
- The citizen must be in good health.
- Before making the donation it is recommended that get enough rest the previous day.
- To prepare to donate the citizen must take around 16 extra ounces of water or another type of liquid.
- You must eat healthy food before donating.
- The citizen must have patience, needle will remain in place for at least 10 minutes.
- You should be clear that when you donate you may have side effects such as dizziness, nausea. These behaviors last a few seconds, so take it easy.
- It is recommended to wait at least 3 months to donate again.
- When you’ve donated, the person you should not lift heavy items.
- You also may not consume alcohol or smoke after you have donated.
- Drink enough fluids after you’ve donated.
There are four main types of blood that are: A, B, O and ABO which are distributed by the presence of various antigens in the area of red blood cells. There are also people who contain the Rh positive or Rh negative blood type.
Requirements for Donating Blood: A positive
It is the second most common type of blood, which affects 1 in 3 inhabitants of the population. People who contain type A + blood can send citizens who contain A + and AB + blood. It can also perceive any type of blood either A or O.
Requirements for Donating Blood: A negative
Approximately 6.3% of the population has this type of blood. Blood type A- can supply people who are A-, A +, AB +, AB-, but can only receive from A- and O-
Requirements for Donating Blood: B positive
8.5% contain this type of blood. Citizens who contain type B + blood can send those who have the same, in addition to AB +. However, they can perceive from people who have B or O blood.
Requirements for Donating Blood: B negative
This type of blood has it 1.5% of the population. It is the least common blood type, it can supply people with type B +, B-, AB + and AB- blood, but it can only perceive type B- and O-
Requirements for Donating Blood: Or positive
This is the type of blood that most people have. Having this blood can supply all positive blood types, but can only perceive O + and O-
Requirements for Donating Blood: Or negative
It is the type of blood that they demand the most. This blood type is considered universal to all types, but they can only perceive O-.
Requirements for Donating Blood: AB Positive
People who contain this type of blood can send all AB + receptors. You can also receive any type of blood, because it is considered universal.
Requirements for Donating Blood: AB Negative
This blood type can supply AB- and AB + and can pick up all negative blood donors.
If you want to be a volunteer in this precious action, the citizen must take into account the requirements to donate blood.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar