A question that many Mexicans ask themselves at a certain point in their life is about the requirements for listing on the Mexican Stock Exchange. And this is something very common because it is a way by which companies grow being able to become more important and also powerful.
This is how they have grown most companies that today have a great capital in the national economic market. Do you want to know more about the requirements to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange? Are you interested in knowing better how the stock market moves?
Then read on because here is everything!
What is the Mexican Stock Exchange
To be able to speak properly about a topic, the first thing to do is to know it, so we will explain what is the Mexican Stock Exchange.
And the truth is that talking about the Mexican Stock Exchange is talking about one of the biggest and most important institutions in México.
At the same time it is also about one of the oldest financial institutions that exist throughout the entire territory of México.
In fact this is a private financial institution in which a whole series of commercial and economic transactions can be made between the interested parties.
In this sense, it is taken as a general definition that is an auction house in which you can make purchases, sales and auctions.
Of course, when we are talking about these transactions, we refer to securities that have a validity within a company, being able to be actions
It is important to mention that the only accepted brokerage in México it is precisely the Mexican Stock Exchange, also known as the BMV.
At the same time it is also a key element in expansion of the markets and economic assets of private companies in México.
It is important to mention that all the operations carried out by the BMV are regulated by the Bank of México and the National Banking and Securities Commission.
This is done in order that no fraud and that no one can deceive all potential buyers.
The Mexican Stock Exchange, in fact, also has as one of the organizations that monitor it to the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.
This is done with the idea that the Mexican state has at all times a real knowledge of the economic operations that are carried out.
What is the objective of the Mexican Stock Exchange
Before knowing the requirements for listing on the Mexican Stock Exchange, many people will want to know what they are. the objectives pursued by the BMV.
And this is something extremely logical and laudable because assurances are needed to be able to start interacting with other economic entities.
However, the objectives that the Mexican Stock Exchange has in mind they are all positive for companies that have the idea of listing.
In fact, it pursues a series of objectives that are beneficial for the entire Mexican economy at each and every one of its current levels.
The reason for this is that it is based on the theory that improving one level improves all, which is quite right.
In this sense there a series of objectives The purpose of the BMV is to be able to boost the nation’s economy today.
One of the main functions of the BMV is to help in promoting competitiveness between the different elements of the market.
This is accomplished by having a series of premises and facilities throughout the entire territory of the nation for economic exchange.
The reason for this is try to facilitate contact between all parties interested in economic activity, that is, between sellers and buyers.
At the same time, it must also be in charge of making public stock indices that the Mexican Stock Exchange has in general on a daily basis.
In this way it is achieved that there are more investors every time it is shown that the Mexican economy is going through a particular good moment.
Finally, it is important to mention that it has the function of give equal opportunities to all investors doing business and transactions on the BMV.
What is listing on the Mexican Stock Exchange
One of the questions asked by people interested in the requirements to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange is what is to quote.
And the truth is that this is something very logical because not all people they know the important significance of this.
The reason is that going public means that the company is going to start offer values or securities in the stock market.
This in many cases, in the majority actually, are the well-known actions that have the different companies between all the current owners.
In fact, in general those known as shareholders are all those people who buy securities offered within the Mexican Stock Exchange.
This means that people they have participation in the decisions of the company and that they can give their opinion in the matters that it has.
Of course this all depends on the amount of shares you currently own a person in your name in a particular company.
It is important to note that shares on the BMV are open to the public and that everyone can make offers and also make purchases.
This means that a company you can get liquidity quickly, which makes it possible for companies to pay off debts or to invest in the general business.
In the same way this also helps quickly raise capital so that companies can invest and therefore make more investments that they need.
You will also have a valuation that allows your shares to have a greater sale in the market, achieving more capital and greater general liquidity.
Finally, it is important to mention that listing on the Mexican Stock Exchange gives it greater prestige to the company or the company.
What are the requirements to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange
As in all commercial activities that have a movement of money there are a number of requirements to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange.
These requirements are in order to avoid unfair competition or that the company is currently a fraud.
If you have no idea what are the requirements you need to have in order to start trading here we tell you all with details:
- The first thing you will need is have a history of operation that is greater than three years, taking into account the time of business formation.
- Must have an amount greater than twenty million of Investment Units, without accepting unaudited financial statements with more than six months.
- Will have to have a positive sum in the profit from the operations of the last three continuous years in which there are operations that started.
- It must have a minimum of ten million titles issued with a price of at least one UDI for each of them.
- It is important to mention that all companies that want to start trading must be at least fifteen percent of the total paid-in capital stock.
- It should be noted that for a company to start making quotes on the Mexican Stock Exchange of Values must have at least a minimum of 200 investors.
- Fifty percent will be placed of the entire amount of the issues among all investors with no more than 5% shareholding.
- It should be mentioned that none of the investors You will have the option of acquiring more than fifty percent of the total amount placed on the BMV.
- It is important that the company that begins to be a broadcaster fits in a fully adequate way to the Code of Best Corporate Practices and Ethics.
How to trade on the Mexican Stock Exchange
- First of all, you must implement corporate governance in the company in order to guarantee the correct distribution of the shares that are purchased.
- The company that is starting to trade needs to have a an intermediary to be in charge of starting the auctions and placing the securities.
- Any company that has an interest in listing on the Mexican Stock Exchange must hire a rating agency to suggest prices for the titles.
- It will also be necessary that make the request to the Mexican Stock Exchange so that it can decide if it is going to accept them to start trading.
- After this is achieved, for the sale of securities at the BMV.
- It is important that the company interested in listing can keep the issuance of the securities it offers.
As you can see the requirements to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange they are not complicated.
With this guide you will be able to obtain them without problems!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar