The Requirements for Seguro Popular they are very important, since they will allow you to request this service in the most efficient way possible. Keep in mind that this, being a public policy, has a relative greater ease of acquiring than regular insurance.
The Popular insurance It is a way to provide options in the health area to those people who cannot access services of this type by themselves, ensuring them timely and quality services, at low or no cost, according to the socio-economic situation of each applicant.
This time We will be explaining the requirements and necessary documents, the procedure and many other things related to the services it provides in terms of beneficiaries, renewals and illnesses as such.
What are the requirements for Seguro Popular?
The requirements that you must have up to date in order to apply to be part of the Seguro Popular are few, but they are all very important. Keep in mind that these, along with the documents that we will mention in the next section, are the ones that will allow you to acquire the benefits of this initiative.
- Acquire all the pertinent information to Seguro Popular, so that you have no doubts about the procedure.
- Live in the country, with permanent residence.
- Take out your curp or have it on hand.
- Pay the family arrangement, if this is the case.
- Not be receiving benefits from other institutions of the same nature, as is the case of SEDENA, SEMAR, IMSS, and so on.
- In the case of families with members between the ages of 18 and 25, evidence must be presented that they are pursuing studies, whether they are in secondary or higher education. This is valid for up to two months.
- Collect all the necessary documents to do the procedure.
- Locate the office closest to your residence or the one of your preference. You can access the address of these offices by clicking here.
- Come at a reasonable time to start the process, with the current, ordered and legible documents, with their corresponding copy.
Others Requirements for Seguro Popular They could be required, if appropriate.
The documents what you will need to present when you approach the office of your choice must be presented both the copy and its original format, always taking care that all the corresponding data and stamps are printed legibly and clearly, without erasures or ink stains.
Once you know this, we proceed to tell you what they are:
- Document where the home address. This can be the receipt of a service, such as electricity, telephone, cable, Property, etc., or the notarized letter where evidence of the address is made. This must be from the last 90 days.
- The identification document of the applicant or head of the family, which can be the passport, the permission to vote, professional letter, driver’s license, among others.
- CURP, one for each member of the family.
- Birth certificate, if it is a baby.
- Document that evidences the studies of members of legal age and up to 25 years of age.
- Certificate, voucher, evidence or certificate that you are enrolled in a government program, such as subsidies or support programs, and communities.
Again, other requirements may be necessary if determined by the module you are targeting.
What is needed to Add a Beneficiary?
If you need add a beneficiary, it is also very simple. As we said at the beginning, as it is a government program, the requirements are less meticulous, since what is sought is to reach as many people as possible, so that everyone who wishes can enjoy the Seguro Popular.
You will only need:
- Birth Certificate or CURP of the beneficiary or beneficiaries you wish to register.
- Birth certificate, in the event that there is a newborn in the family nucleus.
That is all! These must be submitted both in original and in photocopy. Likewise, it is important to note that a socio-economic analysis so that the people in charge of offering the insurance determine if you need to pay something. Additionally, once adhered to the Seguro Popular program, the policy will have a duration of three years.
Finally, it is relevant to mention that all these procedures are carried out in the the same day, so you also don’t need to worry about having to go over and over again.
Popular Insurance Renewal
If you are already part of Seguro Popular and want renew the validity of the rights of this program, then you can do it. All you have to do is:
- Go to the Orientation and Membership Module closest or your preference, with your insurance policy in hand.
- Submit the following documents: proof of address (less than 3 months after being issued); the identification document, with your photo on it; the Birth Certificate or CURP.
- If you want to add beneficiariesYou must attach to the above documents: Birth Certificate or CURP of the people you want to include and a birth certificate if there is a newborn.
That is all! If you do not have a document, you will be granted a temporary policy, three months. Remember, since it is very important that you keep it in mind, that These documents must be submitted in original and copy.
If the renewal is accepted, it will be determined whether it will be for the same 3 years or for a lesser amount of time. However, what is certain is that you can continue to enjoy the benefits associated with this government program.
What are the diseases covered by Seguro Popular?
Popular Insurance covers many diseases, which constitutes the first and great benefit of this public policy. It covers more than 290 interventions, divided into diagnoses, procedures, and to a lesser extent, specific inputs.
Prevention services, general and specialized medicine, surgery and hospitalization services, and emergency services are covered. As an example,
- HIV / AIDS treatment.
- Chronic Hepatitis type C.
- Neonatal intensive care.
- Pediatric, congenital, surgical and acquired disorders.
- Heart attack to members or beneficiaries under 60 years of age
- Psychological and psychiatric care.
- Metabolic and lysosomal diseases in underage beneficiaries.
- Different types of cancer: breast, testicular, prostate, colon, rectum, ovary, cervical, etc.
- Kidney, bone marrow and cornea transplants, in case a minor beneficiary needs it.
- Treatment of skin diseases, STDs, eye diseases.
- Attention to thyroid problems, lung problems, bone and muscle conditions.
- Care in pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum, as well as complications that may occur.
- Placement and removal of pacemakers for heart disease.
- Dislocations, sprains and fractures.
- Skin and soft tissue surgeries.
- Diseases in the lungs and kidneys.
- Stings by insects and other animals.
- General and specialized medical care against all diseases for children under 18 years of age.
- Thyroid problems.
- Many other services.
Other benefits of being part of the Seguro Popular are: quality service, with a dignified and respectful treatment. You will have a medical record and you will be able to obtain medications that are necessary to treat a condition, in addition to receiving equal access to care.
Finally, you are free to file complaints, be treated in the event of disagreement with the medical care received and refuse to receive treatments and procedures that you do not want.
Must take into account, however, that just as there are rights there are obligations. By being part of this program, you will be committing to carry out disease prevention activities in yourself, make use of the Affiliate Policy every time you wish to receive medical services at these centers, inform the team about antecedents, needs and problems of health. In such a case, cover the imposed fees in a timely manner.
Finally, you must take care of the establishment and treat the staff with respect and cordiality. Remember that this is a communion of people willing to help you, so always do your best.
What is it?
The Popular insurance It was a public policy, founded in 2003, that sought to provide health services to that part of the population that lacked social security due to lack of means. Through a socio-economic study, the people in charge of this program could determine if the service was going to be free or if a fee could be set that the family could afford. Always taking into account the requirements for popular insurance, of course.
The benefits were numerousBecause even minors in conditions of pregnancy could join and receive the necessary treatments. In addition, members had the right to receive the same services in other states of the country, insurance could be renewed and the process was very fast. Likewise, thousands of families were cared for daily by fully trained professionals.
In this way, the Seguro Popular worked for more than 15 years, provided quality services to its insured. Nevertheless, This was dissolved on January 1, 2020, replaced by the Institute of Health for Well-being (INSSBI), which would work from that same date.
We hope we have been of help, until next time!