Many Mexican families ask the question every year of what they are today the requirements to adopt a dog in the Mexican nation. And it is that at present one of the largest campaigns that the government and rescue organizations are doing is adopt animals.
This is done for many reasons, but the main one of them all is decrease the number of the animals that are in the street. Do you want to know more about the requirements to adopt a dog that are requested in México? Are you interested in learning more about adoptions?
Then read on because here is everything you need to know!
What requirements do you need to adopt a pet
The requirements to adopt a dog or a cat they are an organic and fundamental part of the entire framework of animal protection that exists in México. And it is that currently there are many little animals who are homeless, who are ready to be adopted by a family.
There is a population of the same that is currently in shelters in which they are cared for and cared for by people who love animals. Shelters have limited capacity, which is why it’s always great when they adopt a pet, and here we tell you all the requirements:
- The interested person must be of age, and carry an identification that supports this, as you must be aware of being in charge of a life.
- It will also be necessary to carry a proof of address, in which it shows that the person owns the home or has permission to have animals.
- Finally, the adopter must sign an adoption contract, in which he agrees to take care of the pet and not abandon it.
It is very important to highlight that these are the general requirements, but there are some animal protection associations that have some more, but they are very simple.
Who covers the expenses of the associations
A topic that is very common to be asked is who pays the expenses of the animal protection associations and the shelters used. The truth of the case is that it is a very arduous fight on the part of the animalists because they cover the expenses without help.
The reason for this is that the government gives practically no help nor any kind of subsidy to those who do this noble work.
In fact in many cases of animal shelters have trouble keeping them due to the price of food, medicines and also hygiene products.
It is for this reason that animal protection associations, shelters and shelters donations are very much appreciated, both economic contributions and animal feed.
At the same time also they have special programs for those people who for some reason do not meet the requirements to adopt a dog or a cat.
These programs are basically that of the foster homes, in which a person has an animal for a time until it is adopted.
You can also sponsor, which are people who become the godfather or godmother of an animal, taking care of the maintenance until they adopt it.
What should I know when adopting a pet?
In addition to meeting the requirements to adopt a dog or cat, it is necessary be aware of certain things before deciding to adopt. One of the first things to be fully aware of and be very clear about is that it is about a life.
When a person decides to adopt any animal is taking over a life which is totally the same as any other life in the world. In addition to this, you must also be aware that it’s a responsibility that he is assuming, because he is a being that feels the same as anyone.
When taking responsibility for an animal you have to understand that should give you all your needs, both in food and in general care, such as medicines.
And, in addition to material needs, it is important that give him love and time, because the animal will need it to be able to live without any problem.
It is important to understand that an animal is not a gift for a child, since children, especially the little ones they can harm them.
Of course, in the vast majority of cases, this is something accidentalas children tend to drop or mistreat them unintentionally.
In many cases, in fact, the problem is that the child or baby is not aware that it is another living being the animal.
This causes many to treat it as if it were just another toy, some kind of stuffed animal, which causes problems the child and the animal.
That is why it is so important that parents who want to adopt an animal raise awareness very well your children before starting the adoption.
Adopt me México
One of the most frequently mentioned foundations today, due to its work in general in animal rescue is Adopt me México.
This is an animal foundation that It is not for profit, carries out its work with the sole objective of improving the lives of the animals.
In fact this foundation pursues several objectives, all related to giving a better quality of life to animals that currently have a disease.
One of the first objectives of this organization is find homeless cats and dogs, either by abandonment or by street birth.
In the same way they also take care of the animals that have suffered from abuse by human beings throughout their lives.
The foundation is in charge of give them a rehabilitation so that they can lead a full, healthy and happy life with the new families that adopt them.
The foundation is also in charge of vaccinate and deworm them so that they do not suffer from diseases when they get a new home to fill it with happiness.
If you want to know more about the cats and puppies that are up for adoption and about the events of the foundation, may click here.
Like all adoption processes today, Adóptame México has some requirements, what will we tell you, to adopt a dog or a cat:
- The first of all will be complete and sign the application for the adoption of the animal you have decided, either a dog or a cat.
- After this one of the foundation workers will make a home visit in which the pet will live to evaluate it.
- You must also bring a copy proof of address, as well as a copy of the INE or some document that proves your identity.
- Shall of make a donation, which is 400 pesos for a cat or 800 pesos for a dog, to help those who remain.
- The adopter must be of legal age to be able to carry out the whole process, as he will be responsible in the future for the animal that he is adopting.
- It is important that all the members of the family group who live at home want to carry out the adoption unanimously, to avoid future problems.
- Finally it is important that have the capacity to feed them, as well as to give them adequate hygiene and veterinary attention if they require it.
Canine Transfer Center
One of the foundations that have done the most in recent years for the animals of México City has been Canine Transfer Center.
The reason is that this organization has a pioneering system regarding to the issue of how a protection foundation should be.
And it is that this foundation is in charge of giving shelter to dogs and puppies found in the subway from all of México City.
In fact, the place where they keep the animals is very close to Rosario Station, because there they remodeled the facilities for the dogs.
They specialize in rescuing animals that are found in danger throughout the metro of the capital city of México.
His work has been so important and recognized that have prevented about 50 suicides through his work in all this underground environment.
The reason for this is that they have not only accurately detected the cases, but they have also redirected towards animals and mental clinics.
- The first thing you should do is download and complete the adoption form, for which you can do click here.
- Shall go in person to the foundation, located in Colonia El Rosario, in front of the Colegio de Bachilleres 1 Metrobús station, between 9: 00-18: 00 hours.
- Will have to submit an official document.
- It is important bring a copy of domiciliary proof of a service.
- When you have done this it will be programmed a home visit.
- If you meet all the requirements to adopt a Dog, you will be told the date of adoption.
As you can see, the requirements to adopt a Dog or a cat are simple and if you do, you will change a life for the better.
It will change that animal’s world and fill yours with happiness.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar