When you talk about “remove license plates from a car”refers to the request for the replacement of the plates that the vehicle carries so that in this way you are not involved with it.
The Ministry of Finance of Mexico City indicates the reasons why a car, a motorcycle, or a trailer must be deregistered, among them are: theft, loss of one of the license plates, when it is required to plate in another federal entity, and when disability plates or old cars are requested.
For this reason, you need to know the Requirements to Deregister License Plates in Mexico.
What are the Requirements to Deregister License Plates in Mexico?
To cancel the license plates in Mexico, it is essential to know which are the documents that we must consign, however, requirements vary by region in which the procedure is carried out.
The general requirements are as follows:
- Valid Official Identification; This can be: voting card, military service card, passport, professional license, driver’s license issued in Mexico City, and in the case of foreigners, it can be the immigration document that proves their legal stay in the country.
- Proof of address; It can be a municipal bill, a receipt for services such as water, electricity or telephone, a certificate of residence, a bank account statement.
- Proof of payment; It is essential to make the payment corresponding to the procedure, the only way to be exempt is that the vehicle has been stolen.
- Proof of holding payments or endorsements from 2012 to the current year.
- proof of ownership; Acquisition invoice and if it is on credit, the invoice letter valid for no more than 30 days.
- Proof of circulation; original and copy.
- Physical plates; If the car, motorcycle or trailer has been stolen, the document must be presented to the entity in charge, stating that it was actually stolen.
If you are not the sole owner, you must present the endorsement or rebills.
On the other hand, in case of loss or theft of the invoice You must present the first voluntary jurisdiction trial admission agreement, this applies only to vehicles that correspond to the model year 2000 onwards, or you can present the testimonial faith of the Notary Public of the Federal District for models up to 1999.
Reasons for Canceling License Plates
There are various reasons for which it is advisable to cancel the license plates in Mexico, they are the following:
- Sale of the vehicle, motorcycle or trailer; in this case it is done with the purpose of not causing inconveniences in legal matters with its new owners.
- In case your vehiclemotorcycle or trailer have faults for its operation and don’t plan to do your repair any time soon.
- Stole of the vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or otherwise has been declared a total loss in an accident, who is going to carry out a travel abroad, or go do a address change.
- The main reason for doing this procedure is avoid suffering the consequences of a criminal act in which he is affected without having any type of responsibility in said crime.
Therefore, it is recommended that if you have reasons to cancel the license plates of your personal transport, you do so in a timely manner.
Unsubscribe Plates according to the Region
It is important to keep in mind that the requirements to cancel the plates of automobiles, motorcycles or trailers They vary according to the region of Mexico in which the procedure is carried out.
In this sense, the requirements according to the region are the following:
It must be recorded original and copy of the following documents:
- Legal-administrative foundation.
- Valid Official Identification and CURP.
- Invoice, property title that proves ownership of the vehicle.
- Proof of payment of fees.
- In the event that the procedure is carried out by a third party, you must present an authorization that proves it.
- In case of being a foreigner; Present the immigration document.
In the event that the reason for the cancellation of license plates is due to theft or destruction of the vehicle must present:
- Investigation folder in the Public Ministry, indicating that it was indeed stolen.
- Expert report from the insurance company that proves the destruction of the vehicle.
- Be solvent with payments.
- Delivery of securities.
- In case of deregistration that corresponds to another state, it must be done in a high entity.
- When deregistering for scrap, you must; fill out the form indicating the reason, in addition to five photographs of the vehicle.
- And finally, in case of theft, they must file a complaint with the State Attorney General’s Office, the complaint can only be made by the last owner registered in the vehicle registry.
You must present the following documentation in original and copy:
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Return of the two sheets (the plates)
- Due to loss of plates; You must present the report of loss, duly stamped and signed.
- for license plate theft; report of the municipal authority together with that of the public ministry agency.
- for vehicle theft; must consign the report of the agency of the public ministry and municipal transit.
- for total loss; letter from the insurer specifying the location of the plates.
- for destruction; accident report issued by the competent authority, indicating the status of the license plates.
- Original and copy of the official identification, this can be; voter ID, professional ID, driver’s license, national military service card, passport, consular registration certificate.
If you are a foreigner, the immigration document issued by the competent authority.
- You must deliver the set of license plates granted to the vehicle, in case of the absence of one or both plates, you must file an informative act with the prosecutor’s office and the vehicle for physical review.
- In the event that the procedure is carried out by an authorized person, the FCV format must be presented together with the identification of the person who authorizes it.
In order to cancel the license plates of your vehicle, motorcycle or trailer in Querétaro, you must submit the following documents:
- Application document, original and two copies.
- Only population registry key.
- Payment of the rates indicated by the regulatory entity.
- Valid proof of residence.
- Original and copy of current vehicle payments.
- License plates.
- Report to the Public Ministry in case of theft or loss.
- Cancellation of procedures, taking into account the type of vehicle.
It is necessary to go to the office where the vehicle was registered with the following documents:
- Two license plates.
- Proof of circulation, original and copy.
- If you are an authorized person, you must present the power of attorney that accredits you as such.
The requirements to be able to cancel the license plates in Jalisco are the following:
- Valid identification of the applicant with photograph.
- Original and copy of the circulation document.
- Two license plates.
- In case of carrying out the procedure, an authorized person must present a power of attorney that accredits him to make said request.
- Download and fill out the voter identification format and vehicle characteristics.
- Invoice or ownership document, where the applicant’s name matches the current owner of the vehicle.
- Copy of the unique population registration code and email address of the owner.
How much does it cost to cancel plates?
Like the requirements, the cost of the procedure varies according to region where it is carried out, in this case the cost of some of the regions of Mexico are the following:
- Mexico City: the cost is 410.90 Mexican pesos.
- Aguascalientes: 115 Mexican pesos.
- Coahulia: 10 Mexican pesos.
You may also be interested in knowing the “Steps and Requirements for a car in Uber”
It is important take into account the possible and serious consequences of not canceling the license plates of your vehicle, motorcycle or trailer, for this reason you must always be careful not to see yourself reflected in really uncomfortable situations.
And of course before going to carry out the procedure, know the requirements to cancel license plates in Mexico.
Related articles that may interest you