The Requirements to Put a Nursery They are very diverse and all very important when starting this initiative. Remember that you will be working with children and that you must not only have the necessary documents and the costs and facilities covered, but also the vocation and the correcting reasons to open an establishment like this.
A Kindergarten It is a very important place in the development of a child, because it is there where they will learn things like discipline, where they will practice the art of socializing, where they will attend to their basic needs and where they will acquire many important knowledge for the next stages of their life.
If you are interested in how to start a center like this, do not go! Today we will be explaining the necessary documentation, costs, equipment requirements and some tips and advice so you can put your private nursery in Mexico without any problem.
What are the Requirements for Setting up a Nursery?
Let’s start with the Requirements to Put a Nursery and then let’s move on to the necessary documentation. The truth is that all these tend to be the same in all the countries of America, with some other variation. Let’s see how that works:
- Obtain all necessary permits, registrations and licenses before the nursery can be opened. These are notification of opening, having accounts settled with the doing and, if it is the case, permission of the authorities of the Ministry of Public Education (SEP).
- Have a large enough space so that children can do their work comfortably. The size of the space will determine the number of children you can work with and vice versa. You must bear in mind the need for a suitable space for them to coexist, the recommended is 250 m to 300 m, preferably near workplaces.
- The workplace must be divided, preferably, with their respective service areas, lounges, bathrooms, offices, and so on. This will ultimately depend on the vision you have for your nursery: obviously if you do the nursery in your own home, such a division is almost impossible. However, if you can do it, it is necessary that there is a division of areas so that the children can work in a pleasant way and you can take care of them efficiently.
- Look for people who are trained to take care of children. You must hire people with experience in child care and education, according to their job position. As for the manager, not only must he have the same skills to work with children as the rest, but he must know how to communicate with the staff in order to manage it correctly.
- At least one worker must know first aid, It is very important to have this type of skill in case of any inconvenience.
- Raise Regulations for the nursery it is very important, so the bases and goals are clear from the beginning. It is very important to establish hygiene standards, both personal and of the campus.
- Choose a place that is in demand. That is, the nursery should be opened in a place where there are children who require a nursery, always bearing in mind that the more visible, accessible and safe, the more attractive it will be.
- Availability of funds.
- Job material, such as mats, books, toys, chairs, tables, blackboards, and so on.
- Insurance in case of accidents or loss, which can be a school or other type.
And those are basically all the Requirements to Open a Daycare. Let’s go now to see the documents necessary to open it legally.
The documents that you must have in your power to be able to start your activities in the nursery are all very important. Therefore, you must get them without fail. Let’s see what they are:
- Operating license. You must process it with a reasonable time to your schedule of activities, in your municipality.
- Be registered with the Treasury (SHCP), in IAE, VAT or ISR.
- Registration in the labor society.
- Permission issued by the Ministry of Education for the opening of a nursery.
Other documents may be required if deemed relevant. Remember that the IAE is the Tax on Economic Activities, VAT, Value Added Tax and Personal Income Tax for Income Tax.
Costs to Start a Daycare
The costs associated with opening a daycare They cannot really be specified as they depend on many different factors.
In the first instance, they depend on the establishment. Will you be renting, do you own the property? In the case of the first option, if it is a good area, the rental cost is probably higher than the average, between $ 15,000 and $ 50,000. It also depends on facilities and equipment that you are going to place, if they are modern or more obsolete.
There is an investment in games, furniture, books, meals, and other school supplies that cannot be ignored. There are nurseries that only have the basics, while there are others that have a lot of material to use. In the end, the investment can be more than $ 350,000, including infrastructure, equipment, procedures and other expenses.
Nevertheless, it is always necessary to bear in mind the relationship between demand, the socio-economic profile of the people in the area where the nursery will be and the level of luxury that you are going to present in your facilities. This relationship will determine the cost that you will charge people to use the services, so that you can recoup your investment and everyone can win.
Equipment and Facilities
The equipment and facilities They were mentioned within the Requirements to Establish a Nursery and constitute one of the fundamental pillars for the formation of these centers. These will depend on the estimated number of children to enroll and their age.
- You will need cribs or playpens if they are planning to admit babies in their first month of life up to 2 years of age. They must be individual for each one.
- Beds or cots for children over 2 years old.
- Chairs and tables for children, of the appropriate size, so that they can eat, play or do their homework. In the case of babies, they will need special seats.
- Shelves where they can keep books, outdoor play equipment, toys, backpacks, and so on. Preferably there are several for each thing.
- Air conditioning if there is no good ventilation in the place.
- Refrigerators and cupboards where food can be kept, as well as at least one (1) microwave to heat it if necessary.
- Preferably a padded floor, so that if a child falls the impact is not so hard, and they can also be in stockings.
- Paper, paint, napkins, glue, soap, art supplies.
- Cleaning materials.
- Sinks and toilets in full operation.
- In the event that you are going to adapt your house, you must separate the places not suitable for children to enter, which can be from 3 to 12.
- Have childproof locks and plug protectors.
- The electrical and hydro-sanitary installations must function in optimal conditions.
- Keep cabinets that contain chemical substances, such as cleaning materials, closed with a padlock.
- First aid kit.
- Fire alarm.
- Secured windows as well as stairs.
- Desks and chairs for teachers / caregivers.
- Security cameras are optional.
Keep in mind that you must buy special furniture for children, with rounded and dull edges.
Tips for Setting Up a Nursery
Almost done, some tips for setting up a nursery that could be helpful when starting this process. Let’s see:
- According to the law, the daycare cannot be near gas stations, factories or other places that handle flammable gas, so take your precautions.
- The electrical and hydro-sanitary installations are very important and will be inspected, so you must make sure that they work correctly.
- Take out insurance, analyze the policy offered by the company GMX.
- Hire trained staff, not only to win the trust of parents, but for the safety of children. Make sure they are specialized in CPR, early stimulation and first aid, as well as teaching techniques according to different ages.
- The number of children per teacher can be up to 15.
- To make your nursery more attractive, you can offer classes in English, dance, drawing, karate, etc.
- You can include the food in the payment plan, perhaps counting on a nutritionist to choose the meals.
- Choose a place that has parking, preferably, and that is in a safe and easy to access place.
- Take into account the needs of parents when designing schedules.
- Don’t forget any of the Requirements to Put a Nursery.
What is it?
Ato Nursery It is a place that serves children from an early age, offering educational services, both in arts and sciences. It is an institution with great influence on the development of children, since it is in it where many of them learn to socialize, to attend to their needs and to be disciplined.
This must have qualified teachers, professionals in the care of young children, whose primary objective is the safety and growth of these at all times. Without a doubt, it is a place where children can acquire learning different from that at home, always keeping in mind the correct development of their personalities and skills.
If you like the idea of opening a nursery, and now that you know what the requirements are to do so, We encourage you not to think about it anymore, do it!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar