If you have been attracted to medicine and are thinking of studying it, here we bring you what Requirements to Study Medicine in Mexico.
It is a career that requires great effort and determination. In addition, they must be a student with a disciplined profile and with a great vocation for service.
If you consider that studying Medicine is your thing, then continue reading, so that you know all the important facts related to the subject.
What are the Requirements to Study Medicine in Mexico?
The Requirements to study Medicine indicate that it is a fairly demanding race. It also requires a suitable profile to be successful at the end of university studies.
The requirements are mentioned below:
- Have a good base of knowledge acquired in high school and high school.
- You must master the basic knowledge required for the Basic Knowledge and Skills Exam (Excohba).
- Have a very good performance on the test to get a place for college entrance.
- Likewise, they must have knowledge of science areas such as: biology, health sciences, chemistry and documentary research techniques.
Desirable skills for any aspiring medical student:
- To have responsability.
- Be very creative.
- Possess social sensitivity and human values.
- Enjoy emotional and psychological stability.
Attitudes to face the student challenge:
- You must have a tendency to help and solidarity.
- Know how to behave in the handling of information so as not to hurt other people’s susceptibilities.
General documentation that is requested in Mexican universities for admission to the medical career:
- Deliver the Birth certificate.
- Documents that certify the completion of secondary education studies, that is, delivery certified notes and title.
- Take the entrance exam and obtain a considerably high grade, which is competitive and places you among the best of the group, and in this way have the possibility of entering the university.
- Important, know that the entry conditions at this point may vary a bit, depending on the university, where you present the entry test.
- You must consider the guidelines and directives issued by the Directorate of School Services to carry out the corresponding enrollment process.
- Follow the rules stipulated in the current School Regulations.
All the aforementioned requirements are identical to those requested for the study of military medicine. Also, to study forensic medicine.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in Mexico
According to the Requirements to study Medicine, you can always have an insight about the best universities to study for a career. But in Mexico university training for the medical career is very complete and of a high level in all the universities that offer this career.
However, the ranking of the best universities is obtained according to the studies carried out in this regard, according to various criteria.
These can be: the conditions of the facilities, the percentage of students with better grades, the opportunities offered to students, the links with other universities in the country and abroad and thus other measurement parameters.
Classification according to the sector to which it belongs private or public
The Public universities in Mexico recognized in no specific order for the study of Medicine are:
- University of Veracruz (UV)
- The University of Guadalajara (UDG).
- The prestigious National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- The National Polytechnic Institute (IPN).
- The Autonomous University of Nuevo León (UANL).
The Private universities in Mexico recognized in no specific order for the study of Medicine are:
- University of Anáhuac.
- The University of the Valley of Mexico (UVM)
- Also, La Salle University (ULSA).
- The illustrious Autonomous University of Guadalajara (UAG).
- Also the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM).
Classification according to Top 10 to study medicine
- Panamerican University of Mexico.
- The National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- The Technological Institute of Higher Studies of Monterrey (ITESM).
- Likewise, the Nuevo León Autonomous University (UANL).
- La Salle University (ULSA).
- Also, the University of Guadalajara (UDG).
- Also, the Autonomous University of Querétaro.
- The University Institute of Higher Studies of Tamaulipas de Anahuac.
- The Autonomous University of the State of Mexico (UAEM).
- And finally the National Polytechnic Institute of Higher Studies (IPN).
For inquiries about the Universities in Mexico go to web portal.
How long is the race?
In the Requirements to study Medicine in Mexico, being a graduate of a medical degree takes you approximately 12 semesters in the vast majority of university institutions in Mexico.
The title obtained is that of Bachelor of General Medicine, being able to exercise throughout the Mexican territory. They can work in private and public sectorsAlso work in activities related to research, teaching, hospital administration jobs, among others.
Costs of Studying Medicine in Mexico
In the Requirements to study Medicine, it can be found that it is a career offered throughout Mexico, both in public and private university institutions and where the cost is very diverse, depending on the facilities, infrastructure, services and others.
In Mexico some private universities are very expensiveHowever, doing it in a public university does not mean that it is free of expenses.
Taking into account the data offered by the Mexican Institute of Competitiveness (IMCO), the investment on average for a university degree in Mexico ranges from 125,000 and 930,000 pesos. Medicine is one of the most expensive in Mexico.
Public universities such as the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), the Metropolitan Autonomous University (UAM) and the National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) pay an amount close to 30,000 pesos during the entire career, taking into account the expenses related to texts and materials , which is approximately 355 pesos per month. Food, transportation and other expenses must be added to this.
For example, at the Instituto Universitario de Estudios Superiores de Tamaulipas de Anáhuac, the medical degree has a cost of 75,000 pesos per month.
At La Salle University the semester costs 65,000 pesos, at the Nuevo León Autonomous University the semester has a cost of 54,000 pesos, at the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Studies a semester has a value of 70,000 pesos.
While the University of Querétaro the semester costs 1,000 pesos, the University of Guadalajara has a cost of 85 pesos the semester.
As you can see, there is a great diversity of opportunities to study medicine, there is enough differentiation in their costs.
Benefits of Studying Medicine
According to the Requirements to study Medicine, It is a profession that brings benefits throughout its development, we mention here the most common:
- Have alternate income possibilities for the ease of carrying out activities in different centers, both public and private, or also having an office on their own.
- Study medicine it’s a good investment. In Mexico it is a race with a high salary level.
- In addition, it is an altruistic profession and it gives you the opportunity to help many people in the world.
- The medical career has many branches for specializationThis will allow you to continue professional growth within areas of medicine that you are passionate about.
- Likewise, anywhere you always need a medical specialist, therefore you have the job or the guaranteed job opportunity.
- The exercise of the profession brings great personal satisfaction.
- Remember that medical professionals enjoy professional prestige greater than other professions.
- Likewise, it offers the opportunity to train with a disciplined character.
- The profession of medicine is very comprehensive and interdisciplinary.
- Is a international profession.
- Also, it is a job that has great social recognition.
Anyone who chooses the profession of being a doctor has a great commitment to his fellow men and also to himself. It is very rewarding to be a doctor and even better when your vocation is the best cover letter.
But the road is long and involves sacrifice, to get to work on what is desired. They are 6 to 7 years of study. Consequently, here are some recommendations before starting on this wonderful road
- Has to make the most of the subjects, getting into knowledge and practice.
- Take advantage of learning together with fellow students, they must also learn to support each other.
- Do not stop attending classes and do not miss the practices, is something very important to consider.
- Learn and practice without neglecting humanityYour patients will find security and tranquility in you more through empathy than through technique.
- You will surely go through times of stress, effort, anguish, but don’t forget your health, do not neglect it.
- Investigate, seek information, do not be left with doubts, find out what it requires to complete the learning.
Finally, a very special recommendation is that of enjoy college student time. Take advantage of university life, since they are unique and unrepeatable moments that will always be remembered.
You have already read all the information collected in the Requirements to study medicineNow it is up to you to do an introspection and if that is your vocation and you have already made the decision, the future opens its arms to the study and practice of a very humane and wonderful profession.
Related articles that may interest you