Besides Requirements to Study NursingIt is also important to know other aspects such as costs, the places where you can do it, the current average salary, the time invested, and the benefits and disadvantages of dedicating yourself to this beautiful job. In the article today we will be talking about this and we will also give you some recommendations in case you decide that you really want to be a nurse.
A nurse or male nurse he is a very important figure in any health center. They are in charge of helping the doctors in their work and monitoring the patient, taking care that everything is in optimal condition and following instructions at all times. Basically, your job is patient care.
If you are interested in knowing if this is the race for you, don’t go!
What are the Requirements to Study Nursing?
The Requirements to Study Nursing they are all very important and varied. These are guidelines that you must follow, some to a greater extent and others to a lesser extent, if you want to be a nurse. These will allow you to know if you have a vocation or if it is better that you decide on something else, as well as if you meet the necessary characteristics.
- You must have the bachelor’s degree or the equivalent at the end of intermediate level studies.
- A certain grade point average, the range of which will change from institution to institution.
- Submit proof if you are over 25 years of age.
- Identification document, valid.
- Certified high school grades.
- Manage stress levels. Forget the routine, being a nurse involves adrenaline situations, so you should also
- React instantly to emergency situations. Forget being frozen in situations that the brain could classify as risky: if you see a person bleeding out, you must react quickly and be ready to give some instructions if necessary.
- To have tolerance to blood. Not extreme, because as you study your reaction to it, it will improve, but you should avoid being one of those people who faint when they see blood.
- Natural inclination to help the other. This is something that cannot be learned.
- Be empathetic and sensitive to the suffering of the other.
- Have patience. Some patients may become irritable, but you must try to understand them.
- Take the profession seriously. There are people who do not fully understand the importance of preparing to be a nurse, but the truth is that this is the most important part of being a quality professional.
- Have communication skills. This is an essential requirement in any career you are going to study: you must know how to communicate ideas as well as listen.
- Possess an interest in health and care issues.
And that’s it! Or, at least, basically everything. You will develop other requirements as you study, especially in the practices. There you will see if it really is something that is for you.
Where to Study Nursing in Mexico?
In Mexico there are many places where you can study nursing. This is a profession in high demand and a very important one, too. Thus, you can get yourself with public and private universities, as well as institutes, centers and schools where you can obtain your Nursing degree.
Let’s see which are the most recognized:
- National Institute of Rehabilitation.
- Technological University.
- Research Foundation for Professional Development (FINDES).
- Cardenal Herrera University.
- Ignacio Chávez National Institute of Cardiology.
- Tijuana Red Cross.
- University of the Valley of Puebla (UVP).
- National Polytechnic Institute.
- Guadalajara International University.
- University of the Valley of Atemajac (UNIVA).
- Aphem Emergency College.
- Universidad de la Salle, in Bajío and Cancun.
- University of the Sierra Sur.
All of these educational centers offer nursing degrees of the highest quality. They are rated from a range of 4.2 to 5 out of 5, also being the most demanded. Of course there are several others and if you think they should be on the list let us know.
In the end, the most important thing is the desire you put into the race and the practices you do. Remember: Dedication is the key factor to be successful in every goal you set for yourself.
Finally, if you want to know the complete list of universities to study nursing, do not hesitate to go to this article of The country.
Costs of Studying Nursing in Mexico
You may be wondering what is the cost of studying nursing in Mexico. As with any profession, an investment must be made in preparation. And yet, unlike other professions, for this the nursing degree is essential and mandatory. This mainly due to the delicate nature of the work of a male nurse.
The cost of studying this career may vary depending on whether you are going to take it in a public or private institution. In the case of a public university, this can be $ 60,000 pesos on average. In the case of a private one, up to $ 500,000 pesos on average.
The nursing career has a duration of 8-9 semesters, but it depends on the university you attend. Also, you should take into account that you have to do 12 months of social service.
In summary, it is about 4 years, if you keep your subjects up to date. This is to get the bachelor’s degree. You can always do courses, degree or master’s programs, which last half or less.
Finally, you are probably wondering if this investment is worth it. By 2020, the average salary of a nurse It is more than $ 100,000 per year, being able to earn from $ 50,000 people with little or no experience, up to $ 170,000 the most advanced. This is a salary of $ 9,000 pesos a month on average, according to Neuvoo.
Benefits of Studying Nursing
The benefits of studying nursing They are multiple and all very important to take them into consideration when choosing it as a career. Here are the advantages of studying nursing:
- Unlike other careers, not everything is theoretical. There are subjects that require you to learn with patients, directly with practices. In this way, when you graduate you will not have to worry about presenting yourself to clinics or hospitals as a person with zero experience.
- The demand for labor is stable, not only in Mexico, but all over the world. You will not have to worry about job instability in this area and you can even continue your studies abroad.
- There is a economic stability that many other professions do not have. This is closely related to the previous point and is that you will probably stay working in the same place for a long time, if you wish.
- In this way, finding a job is very easy.
- You will be able to see first-hand the recovery of your patients and, thus, you will feel fulfilled in your work as a nurse or nurse.
- You will learn how a doctor operates in his day to day.
- You will be helping people on a daily basis.
- You will meet new people every day, which is perfect if you are a social person.
- You will learn to respond quickly to emergency situations where others might freeze. In this way, nothing will ever take you by surprise, you will have a reaction to everything.
- You will learn to manage your time and speed up your memory.
Just as having the advantages in mind is important, so is having the advantages disadvantages. These are:
- You will have difficult schedules. Sometimes you will have to stay all night, sometimes all day, with a shift of up to 12 hours.
- You will work a lot. This is not much different from other professions, but keep in mind that they are hours in a row that you can spend on your feet or running from one place to another.
- You will be able to see patients die and you will have to learn to cope with that.
- Not all patients will be polite, friendly, and accommodating.
- You will risk your health sometimes.
- The salary is much lower than it should be considering all the tasks that a nurse occupies.
Almost to finish, we will give you some general recommendations directly linked to the infirmary, so you don’t leave with any doubts.
- Don’t stress from now on. Yes, you probably need to work long hours, but all jobs demand a lot of energy.
- Knowing about nursing is always important, not only in your work life but in your family and personal life, so keep this in mind.
- Your level of satisfaction in any job will depend on your attitude, First of all, so always try to have a positive vision of the day to day.
- You have many options to become a nurse or nurse, so don’t worry if you can’t get a bachelor’s degree. You do your best and you will see the fruits of your effort.
- Pay close attention to your preparation. You will be treating sick people and in delicate situations so in your preparation time you must learn everything you can.
- Study nursing Yes, really you want to do it, not because you have what. If it’s an obligation, you probably won’t give your 100%, and giving your all is very important in every decision you make in your life.
What is it?
The Nursing It is something that has existed for centuries, even in times BC. It is a science that continually evolves and whose work is very important.
In general terms, nurses are in charge of caring for the sick, injured, providing emergency services, infection control, first aid, in order to ensure the well-being of people in the shortest possible time.
They are people who analyze the entire context of a person before generating instructions. They help doctors in their work and are often leaders.
If, since you’ve read the entire article, you’ve decided that this is the way for you, don’t think twice and do it!
See you next time!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar