If traveling to the United States is in your plans, you should bear in mind that you will need your identification documents updated and current. Do you want to know the requirements to travel to the United States? Keep reading!
What do you need to travel to the United States?
To travel to United States from México, the following documentation is required.
- The valid passport.
- The American visa.
How do I process the American visa?
In México to process the American visaIt is advisable to first decide the type of visa required, since the United States Government has different types of visa, depending on the reason for which it is requested. He also has the ESTA travel permit and the EVUS visa update program.
- The B1 visa. For people who wish to travel to the United States in order to participate in professional or business activities.
- B2. It is a visa for temporary trips to the United States for tourism, visits to relatives, to carry out medical treatment for a health problem.
- Student visa F, for people who are going to carry out academic studies and the M student visa, for people who are going to carry out studies, but not academic ones.
- Laser or BBC, for the exclusive use of Mexicans. It is a border card.
- C1 / D. For flight crew members or members of a commercial crew.
- J. For people who intend to carry out academic exchange.
- L, H, O, P. For people who are requested by a company to perform work.
The request is made before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Department, which will be requested by the contracting organization or company.
The ESTA travel permit, it is only for the group of 38 countries who do not need a visa to travel to the United States.
The program of EVUS life upgrade, which is presented as mandatory for citizens of Chinese nationality, and these people who have B1 and B2 visas, can update the information.
Once the situation regarding the type of visa required has been clarified, you must:
- Download Form DS-160. Application for an American non-immigrant visa. Entering the web page.
- Fill out Form DS-160. Application for an American non-immigrant visa. In this form the questions are in English and the answers must also be in English.
- Must be send electronicallye, it is not accepted to fill it by hand.
- To the completing the form causes a confirmation page, with an alpha numeric barcode; necessary to schedule the appointment. You should print this page and then mail a backup copy of the DS-160.
- Make the appointment for the CAS and for the interview at the United States Consulate. By phone or via internet.
If you do it online you must.
- Enter the CAS website.
- Create a user account.
- Complete the requested data in the form. And the payment stub will be enabled.
- Attend any CitiBanamex agency or Scotiabank. To make the payment. You must find out if it is by credit card or cash.
- You must return to the appointment sheet and enter the payment confirmation number in the indicated line. There the calendar for the appointment will be arranged at the CAS and at the United States Consulate in México.
- Then you will be sent a communication informing day and time of the appointment.
- Go to the Applicant Service Center (CAS), to deliver or take the picture. At least 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Carry the sheet confirmation of Form DS.160, with the barcode.
- The valid passport.
- The updated photo, on matt or glossy photo paper, color, 5 × 5, on a white background.
- The proof of payment.
Necessary requirements for the interview
The interview day To apply for the American visa you must:
- To be 15 minutes before the indicated time.
- Be sincere when answering questions.
- Clarify the type of visa to request and the DHL office, where you will go to collect the visa.
- Present the valid passport, with at least 6 months, after the time of stay in the United States.
- Submit approval of Form DS 160.
- Just like him original proof of payment.
- Letter justifying the reason From the trip.
- Document that endorses the necessary economic funds for the trip.
- Documents that prove social affinity, economic and labor in México. As proof of return:
- Birth certificate.
- If you are over 18 years old, Voting card.
- Documents that demonstrate educational degree.
- Certificates that demonstrate the work you do.
- Bank relationship that guarantees the economic resources that are possessed, and proof of material goods.
- In case of visa for employment petition, original and copy of the petition application and Curriculum Vitae of studies carried out and work experience; with the credentials that endorse it
- If the visa is approved You will need to find it at the DHL office, which I initially select, within approximately three to four weeks.
Countries that do not need an American visa
Among the countries whose citizens they do not need a visa to travel to the United States, only one travel permit for the ESTA program, there are:
- United Kingdom.
- New Zealand.
- San Marino.
- United Kingdom.
Apart from those already mentioned, these other countries will not need a visa either to enter the United States: Andorra, Malta, Liechtenstein, Brunei and the Czech Republic.
As well as San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Austria, Holland, Hungary and Singapore.
How long can you stay in the United States?
The permanence of a foreignerIn the United States it depends on the type of visa that was granted to you.
- The BCC visa or lasser, the person is allowed a stay of 30 days.
- The B1 and B2 visas, generally the permanence is 180 days. In the United States Customs and Border Protection Office, the person traveling must clarify the information.
- M visa, the person is allowed to enter the country 10 days before, and their stay is allowed up to 30 days, after finishing the program
- With the F visa, The person can enter the country 10 days before, and the allowed stay is 60 days, after finishing the program.
- The H visa, the person can enter 10 days Before starting employment, stay for the time indicated in the company’s request, up to 10 days after completing the job.
- J visa, You are allowed to enter the country 30 days before starting the program and stay according to its duration.
Tourist sites that I should know in the United States
Next we will show some of the destinations that you might be interested in knowing depending on the state you are going to travel to:
- The Falls of Niagara. In New York.
- The Times Square. In New York.
- Las Vegas Strip. In Nevada.
- The Parks of Mundo de Walt Disney. In Orlando. Florida.
- The Golden Gate Bridge and Fishermans Wharf. In San Francisco. California.
- The statue of Liberty. On Liberty Island. In New York.
- The Grand Canyon National Park. In Arizona.
- Yellowstone National Park. In Wyoming.
- Yosemite National Park. In California.
- The Grand Central Station. In New York.
- Siesta Beach. On the west coast of Florida.
- Laguna Beach. In California.
- In Florida.
On the other hand, you can also visit The Navy Pier. (Chicago), El Faneuil Hall Market Place (Massachusetts), The National Mall and Memorial Parks Complex (Washington DC), The Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Between the Borders of Tennessee and North Carolina), La Kiawah Island (Northern California).
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar