The retirement process is an important and significant process, that is why it is necessary to know how to do it and also know what the Requirements to retire.
In this article you can find the steps to follow, the documents to provide, among other aspects of interest that will help you to carry out the retirement process successfully. Remember that in Mexico this process is easy and simple if you comply with everything established by the institutions IMSS and Afore.
What are the Requirements to Retire in Mexico?
The process to process the retirement in Mexico It is easy and simple, if the requirements and each of the indicated steps are met. The IMSS issues all the necessary information and makes the process uncomplicated.
Below are the requirements that must be met to obtain retirement,
Retirement Requirements: According to the Social Security Law of 1973
- The insured must be at least 60 years of age to be able to apply and obtain the retirement of old age and 65 years in the case of the old-age pension.
- Another requirement is to have dropped out of the established Regime of the Social Security Law.
- The applicant must be unemployed, that is, from some paid job, or any work activity where they are paid.
- You must remain enrolled under the Social Security Law.
- Have at least 500 weeks corresponding to the contribution, and must be registered with the institute.
- It is in force in its rights before the Institute or that it is within the period of conservation of rights.
Requirements for Retirement: According to the Regime of the Social Security Law 1997
- The minimum age to apply for retirement is 60 years for an old-age unemployment pension and 65 years for an old-age pension.
- Having processed the low Mandatory Regime of the Social Security Law.
- The applicant cannot have paid work.
- The minimum number of weeks listed is 1,250.
Documents Needed to Retire in Mexico
The documents necessary for the Retirement process in Mexico are mentioned below:
- Original and copy of the personal identification document, which must be valid. In this case, if it is a person born in Mexico, you can present the ADIMSS Credential, Voting Document, Professional Identification Card, passport, military service card, identity card or naturalization letter
- If it is a foreign person, you can present the passport, immigration document, residence letter, ADIMSS credential, professional identity card.
- Document that proves the social security number, must have the name of the insured. This document is issued by the AFORE, IMSS, or INFONAVIT.
- It is also necessary to issue a document that proves the location and address of the applicant’s domicile. In this sense, you can issue proof of address. This document cannot be older than three months.
- Possess the CURP, that is, the Unique Population Registry Code. You must prove this key by means of a printed document.
- Present the statement of account, in a printed document, of the AFORE.
- The proof of registration from the Federal Taxpayers Registry must also be presented.
- The account number and the applicant’s bank code must be accredited so that the payment corresponding to the pension can be made. For this, a document issued by the Credit Institution must be presented, with the corresponding authorization from the institute.
- Present in original or duly certified copy, the Birth, Adoption, or Recognition Certificate, as applicable.
Minimum weeks to Retire
The minimum number of weeks of contributions requested for the retirement process in Mexico varies according to the social security law regime.
In the case of the 1997 scheme, 500 weeks of contributions are required and if it is the 1973 scheme, the insured must have at least 1,250 weeks of contributions.
For more information about this procedure, please click here.
The Household allowance It is a kind of benefit that is granted to the pensioner, that is, the retired person, for each member of their family nucleus. It refers to an additional percentage of money, which is applied to the corresponding pension.
To detail a little more about how the family allowance works, we can say that when a person is under the IMSS benefit, they receive certain benefits that also apply to direct relatives.
This list explains the additional percentages to the pension, corresponding to the family allowance:
- If the beneficiary is married or cohabiting, he must receive 15% more on the pension.
- If you have children under 25 years of age, who are studying, you must receive 10% of the pension.
- If it is a pensioner who is not married, or in concubinage and who also does not have children, he will receive an additional 10% for each of the parents who depend economically on him.
Additional to the household allowance, You are also entitled to the assistance benefit, which is an additional 10% payment that is granted to the pension, in the event that the beneficiary is not married, under concubinage, and does not have children.
It is also necessary to know that if the pensioner has children with a disability, the IMSS provides the family allowance, as long as the child cannot support himself.
Requirements for Family Allowance
In order to process the family allowance, it is necessary to provide a series of additional requirements to the main retirement requirements. Based on this, each of them are presented:
Spouse or Concubine
When the pensioner is married or concubine, he / she must present the marriage certificate, or document that proves the union of these people, in addition to the birth certificate of the spouse or common-law partner and his / her personal identification document.
In this case, in the case of children under 16 years of age, in addition to the essential requirements, the birth certificate and proof of study of the same must be presented.
When it comes to children over 16 years of age, but under 25 years of age, the child’s birth certificate must be provided, as well as some document proving that the child is studying.
If the pensioner has children over 16 years of age with a disability, the birth certificate, the identification document, and a testimonial certificate must be presented, where the economic dependence that exists is accredited, which must be issued by the judicial authority that corresponds.
In case of applying to this condition, that is, that the parents of the pensioner depend on him, the birth certificate of each parent, the corresponding identification document, a certified document where a competent judicial authority accredits with their testimony must be issued. existing economic dependency.
Remember that it is necessary to supply the Requirements to Retire
What is the retirement process like?
This process is easy and uncomplicated, as long as the Retirement Requirements are met and the indicated steps are followed. Here are the steps to follow:
- To begin, the first stage is about reviewing the information and documentation provided. It consists of verifying that all the documents delivered are valid and in order.
- Afterwards, the information registered in the IMSS and Afore is reviewed. Both the IMSS and Afore are in the retirement process and it must be verified that the data registered in both institutions coincide in order to start the process.
- Once this is done, everything related to the contribution is reviewed before the IMSS, that is, the number of weeks contributed by the applicant must be verified.
- You must know the amount of pension that corresponds to the applicant, and also know the corresponding family allowance.
- Requirements for Retirement must be met.
- It is necessary to go to afore and reopen the retirement process.
- Then you should go to the Clinic to carry out the pension process.
- After this, comes the delivery of the pension offer, that is, the pension resolution.
- Finally, the withdrawal of funds corresponding to Afore is processed.
What is Retirement?
The retirement It is an act of an administrative nature, where the worker or employee becomes inactive or passive in the labor sense. The reasons for reaching this point are due to reaching the maximum age allowed for employment, or due to some illness that prevents the person from working.
Then, this person receives a pension or monetary benefit, which lasts for the rest of his life and depending on his situation, he may receive an additional percentage of pension.
There are two types of pension modalities, which are presented below:
- Contributive: In this modality, employer contributions are applied, that is, the pension is granted by the entity based on its weeks of contributions already completed.
- Non-Contributory: In this sense, those who have not met the minimum number of weeks of contribution required apply, but apply for rights of another modality.
Follow the steps indicated, meet the Retirement Requirements and complete your retirement process successfully.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar