For beneficiaries, this is a very useful tool to certify their electronic operations by authenticating your digital invoices. For your procedures with the SAT, if you need to know how to issue the SAT Certificate, Here we will explain it to you.
Requirements for the digital seal certificate
- private key
- Requirement to generate a digital seal certificate.
What is the SAT?
The SAT or Tax Administration Service is the decentralized body between the Public Credit and the Ministry of Finance, who are responsible for exercising and legislating tax and customs powers, so that both legal and natural persons contribute proportionally and equitably to national public spending. .
Another of its powers would be to supervise taxpayers so that they fully comply with customs and tax provisions, as well as to facilitate and encourage voluntary compliance with tax policies, as well as to provide and generate any information necessary for the structuring and evaluation of them.
Who should process it?
This certificate will have to be processed by the taxpayers of the Tax Administration System who have to generate electronic invoices in their agencies, businesses, or branches and must certify them to guarantee their originality and veracity.
What is it for?
This is a certificate issued by the SAT, so that contributors can electronically sign electronic invoices.
By means of this certificate, taxpayers who need to electronically seal the original chain of electronic invoices that they themselves issue will be able to do so. In this way, the origin of the invoices, their uniqueness and other aspects that they entail are guaranteed thanks to the FIEL certificates (authenticity, integrity and non-repudiable).
This certificate will provide taxpayers with the convenience of being able to have a digital stamp for all their operations (headquarters and branches) or, on the contrary, issue a stamp for each establishment, place or agency where an electronic invoice is produced.
Steps to process
Before starting the procedure, it is recommended to have FIEL (electronic signature) at hand.
- As a first step you must enter the page. Once inside the page, locate the search engine and type the word certify, and ENTER.
- Once you click on the mentioned option. It will immediately take you to the page where you can download the program CERTIFIES You just have to click on the link indicated by the arrow.
- Clicking on the mentioned link will take you to the next page where you must click on the word CERTIFIES.
- Once you have clicked on the Certify option, it will take you to the next screen where you must choose the option with the number of bits you want to download.
- At the end of the download, the following application will appear in which you will find the following options:
Requirement to generate an electronic signature: Generation of a requirement for FAITHFUL for the first time, Requirement for renewal of Electronic Signature: renewal of the FAITHFUL Electronic Signature Renewal request sent Request for Digital Seal Certificates (CSD): generation of requirements to generate Digital Seal Certificates. The Request for Digital Seal Certificates option is selected.
- By selecting the Request for Digital Seal Certificates option, it will allow us to choose the file for which you must click on the Select File option to attach your current FIEL certificate.
- It will open the search window for the selection of the certificate.
- If you choose an invalid certificate, the following message will appear. It will be necessary to press the Browse button again to select the current certificate, once selected, the following screen will appear. Where you must enter the following data: Name of the branch or unit: (maximum 64 characters) Password of the private key: (minimum 8 characters maximum 256 characters) Password confirmation: (the one you captured in the previous field) Branch name: If you have invalid characters, the following message will appear.
- You can advance to the next field, as long as the specifications are met: Private key password: Once the Branch Name field meets the specifications, it will allow you to capture the corresponding password, which will be measurable in terms of security level. You can use letters, numbers and special characters.
Password confirmation: You will need to confirm the password entered in the previous field. If the passwords are not correct, the following message will appear.
- Once the password and confirmation match, the Add button will be enabled.
- By pressing the Add button, the box of requests made will show a new file which will be assigned with the name of the branch and/or unit. It is worth mentioning that you can generate up to 3 requests.
- The application has the option to delete and modify the data of an application. This can be done by selecting the request you want to delete and right-click on it and select the required option.
- The Modify option will only allow you to edit the name of the Branch.
- In the Delete option, the chosen request is deleted and you will be able to capture the data again.
- Once the necessary requests have been generated, click the Next button. If a CSD was previously being generated and the process was not finished, the following message will be marked, so you must click on the Accept option and you can continue.
- Next, the key generation window will be displayed. For technical reasons of key generation, it will be necessary to move the mouse constantly until the bar reaches 100% since it is performing a random encryption process.
- Once the process is complete, you must provide the private key of your current FIEL certificate as shown below. Select the location where the private key is located by pressing the Browse button.
- Once the data is captured, you must Sign and Save. When performing the action, you must indicate where you want to save the request (it is recommended in a new folder named for this purpose).
- By indicating the location of these files, the process will end showing the following screen, at the bottom you will be able to see the path in which these files were stored. Clicking the finish button will return you to the main screen.
- At the end of the previous process, it is necessary to enter the CERTISAT page.
- Again you must enter the page www. sat.gob.mx must be selected in the search bar and type Certisat.
- Once the search is done, the following page will appear with several links, you must click on the certificate delivery option.
- It will immediately take you to the certificate delivery page where you can see 3 links. You must click on the third link.
- Once this link is selected, a window will be displayed in which you can enter with RFC and CIEC password or with FIEL.
- Once you have entered the aforementioned data, it will take you to the main page of CERTISAT. Where on the left side of the screen you will find a menu with several options, you must select the option. Sending the request for the Digital Seal Certificate.
- Next, the following page will be displayed, in which you will have to Examine the previously obtained .sdg file (find the folder where said file was saved).
- As a result of this process, the following screen will be displayed with the operation number. Press the follow button, where you can obtain your current Digital Seal Certificate.
- Afterwards you will have to select the option Recover certificates 26. Select the most recent CSD and use the Back button. Finally save the file to your hard drive.
It is recommended that you save it in the same path where you have the rest of the files corresponding to the CSD (folder named for this purpose), in the example given in this document these files will be located in the path C:SATCSD Files.
- Congratulations! You have now completed the process of generating your Digital Seal Certificate. You will have to wait from 24 to 72 for the SAT to publish your newly generated certificate in the List of Obligated Taxpayers (LCO) used in the validation process of the CFDI electronic invoicing scheme.
Cost of the procedure
Because the process is 100% automated and online, it does not entail any budget burden.
What body is in charge of the SAT?
Those directly responsible for the Tax Administration System are the State Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit, which govern its functions and are in charge of its administration.
If these steps to issue the SAT Certificate, We hope you can apply what has been described effectively and move forward with your contributions without major inconveniences.
Related articles that may interest you