Friend! If you have a vocation for service and courage to face common and organized crime, read about the Requirements to be a Police in Panama: Find out what you should know.
What is the National Police of the Republic of Panama
It is known as the armed corps of the Republic of Panama. Has civil nature and it is an entity that works in addition to Ministry of Public Security.
The National Police has the responsibility of being guarantors of public order throughout the national territory.
In 1990, Decree No. 38 was promulgated, in order to lay the legal foundations of the police organization, organizing the Public Force, one of its components being the National Police.
However, it was not until 1997, when through Organic Law No. 18, that it was legally constituted.
The Public force of Panama, is made up of the National Police of Panama, in addition to the SENAN or National Aeronaval Service, the SENAFRONT or National Border Service and the SPI or Institutional Protection Service.
In 2000, according to General Order No. 161, April 14 was established as «Police Day.» Based on Law No. 28 of 1937, it was intended to praise the praiseworthy work of police officers.
The Scale of Hierarchies of the National Police, that is, the ranks or degrees, are established in Executive Decree No. 172 of 1997. After fulfilling the requirements established by the National Police Department of Teaching. Obtaining the right of promotion to the immediate higher grade every four years.
As long as an excellent performance had been maintained in the assigned obligations, good behavior, having passed the annual physical condition tests and the presentation of the written exam associated with the subjects of the higher grade to which one is aspiring.
The service time of a National Police is a maximum of 30 years. Although those admitted before 1990 enjoy a maximum period of 25 years in service.
The hierarchical ranks from lowest to highest of the Agent Officers are: Agent and Agent on Probation of Service.
For the Class Officers, we find the First and Second Sergeant; the First and Second Corporal.
As junior officers, we have the ranks of Captain, Lieutenant, and Second Lieutenant.
For higher Officers, the ranks are Commissioner, Sub. Commissioner and Major.
What are the functions of the National Police of the Republic of Panama
Directly and concisely, the most relevant National Police Functions are:
- The continuous activity for the Prevention of crimes
- The eradication of common crime, without forgetting organized crime that is exclusively dedicated to drug trafficking. As well as illicit arms trafficking and money laundering, among others.
- Maintain a constant vigilance in the communities, both in residential and commercial areas.
These functions They rely on the institutional values that are instilled in their members, such as discipline, a vocation to serve the community, impeccable moral conduct, and the courage to face their responsibilities.
As well as the professionalism and tolerance to execute the due actions and an unquestionable loyalty to the respect of dignity and human rights.
In addition to the mission of the National Police, it is punctual in the safeguarding the right to life. TO honor and protect the property, rights and freedoms of those under the jurisdiction of the state.
They also highlight the preservation of public order, respecting the instructions issued by the Presidency of the Republic, as well as the national authorities, the province and the municipalities, as established by the Constitution and the law.
To achieve its goals of becoming an example worthy of respect as a public security institution, where its main characteristic is inviolable respect for human rights.
As well as being defenders of the constitution and the laws, development plans have been proposed for its members, both professionally and personally. Developing strategies of rapprochement with the society that surrounds them, without leaving behind the dynamics and continuous updating of the institution, at the same time as the surrounding reality.
In this area, the implementation of the programs called Friendly Police and Community Police is known. Which seek teamwork, integrating community leaders with police officers.
What are the institutions to train as National Police in Panama
The decision to train as a National Police represents a great impact on the life of the person concerned and his immediate nucleus.
This is a profession dedicated 100% to serving the community, which entails taking high risks, in order to fight crime in its different variants.
Also the aspiring policeman of the nation, must be aware that he must maintain an impeccable conduct, that keeps him free from falling into a criminal record or being sanctioned by any component of public order in Panama.
You must have well-strengthened moral values, maintain physical and mental health in line with the activities to be carried out.
Two institutions are known that provide academic training to become the National Police of the Republic of Panama, these being the CESPN or Doctor Justo Arosemena Higher Education Center and ACAPOL, acronym for the President Belisario Porras Police Academy.
In both institutions graduate degrees in Police Public Administration, in the degrees of second lieutenants in the CESPN and as a police officer in ACAPOL.
Doctor Justo Arosemena Higher Education Center
As we commented previously, it is one of the schools dedicated to the academic training of Graduates in Police Public Administration with the rank of second lieutenant.
To enter the CESPN – Doctor Justo Arosemena Higher Education Center, two phases must be completed: Pre-selection and Registration.
For the first, a series of conditions must be met:
- Have Panamanian nationality by birth or nationalization. In compliance with the constitutional precepts, specifically in articles 8, 9 and 10.
- Have a minimum age of 17 years and a maximum of 22 years and eleven months.
In the first four years of study you must have a single marital status. Not having children. Not being a concubine.
- Have completed secondary education or be studying the last year in the specialties of Commerce, Science, Literature, Agriculture, Teaching or Industrial
- The height of men must be equal to or greater than 1.68 meters, and women 1.62 meters.
- Have a weight commensurate with height
- Have robust knowledge in swimming theory and practice
- Enjoy good conduct in public and in private.
For the second phase, registration, you must comply with the presentation of the following documentation:
- The Identity Card
- The title or diploma of Baccalaureate or proof of being in the last year of high school
- One photograph, passport size
- Have a ballpoint pen or black ink pen
Physical Attitude Tests
The physical attitude tests are part of the admission process, it is based on a maximum score of 100 and includes the following tests:
For female aspirants
- Perform 30 push-ups in 2 minutes
- Do a one-mile run in 7:05 minutes
- Within 24.5 seconds you must run, jump and dodge obstacles
- In 1 minute make 35 ABS
- No execution time limit must swim 25 meters
Aspirants of the male sex
- Complete in 2 minutes, 40 push-ups
- In 6:03 minutes complete a one-mile run
- For 5 seconds he must run, jump and dodge obstacles
- Perform in 1 minute, 50 sit-ups
- With free time for your execution, swim 25 meters
President Belisario Porras Police Academy or ACAPOL
ACAPOL, is the other Panamanian school to train National Police, provides basic, intermediate and higher level courses. And he graduates students as a Police Officer.
It is important to note that applicants with tattooed skin or gold teeth are not allowed. Neither did men with holes in the earlobe, nor women with more than one hole in each earlobe.
Women interested in entering the academy must have more than one year of having given birth, if the situation applies to them.
Registration requirements for ACAPOL
In order to be admitted, in addition to the approval of all the tests and selection interviews, the following conditions and requirements must be met:
- Have Panamanian nationality by birth
- Be at least 18 years old and maximum 27 years old
- Possess the title of having completed high school or evidence that you are in the last year in your specialty
- Men must be equal to or greater than 1.65 meters and women 1.60 meters
You must have a weight proportional to height
- Have a clean criminal record, have not been sanctioned by any competent authority or have any criminal proceedings pending
- Not having expulsions for reasons of indiscipline from any institution of the Public Force
- Be in good health and physical condition
- Present the original and five copies of the Identity Card
- The birth certificate, in original and 2 copies
- In original and 2 copies of the Certificate and notes of secondary education, of the Diploma and notes or of the second cycle of secondary education.
- A document that evidences his apolitical condition, that is, that he is not a member of any political party, in original and 2 copies.
- Four passport-size photographs on yellow background
- The letter of good conduct issued by the educational establishment from which you leave. In original and 2 copies
- Submit 3 sketches that indicate the physical location of residence
- Two personal references with a copy of the identity card of the people who issue them.
Evidence to be reported
The tests to be consigned and approved are the following:
- Interviews with: the institution, the social worker and the DIP or Police Investigation Directorate.
- The tests: physical, psychological and general knowledge
- Conducting field research
- And finally the Technical Board
In addition to attending the recruiting department, you must present yourself in comfortable and appropriate clothing. You should have a black ink pen, a graphite pencil, a notebook, and an eraser.
We emphasize that each of the tests or interviews is exclusive. Therefore, each of them must be approved.
What is the importance of the National Police of the Republic of Panama
The National Police as a component of the Public Force, performs cooperation and support activities to maintain the protection, security and respect of the human rights of citizens in general.
Safeguarding the physical integrity and property of its members, through the prevention of facts and execution of delinquent and criminal conduct.
They are part of the society we live in and fundamental in the development and growth of the quality of life of the entire nation.
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar