There are quite a few young people who are interested in understanding the way in which the development of a census, a national survey, or the collection of general data from the rest of the citizens of Peru is worked. Many of them, in an effort to be part of this process, register as enumerators of the INEI system for participate in conducting surveys and statistical and computer records.
This participation brings many benefits, in addition to the acquisition of experience and knowledge in the statistical field, which you can access once you are part of its system and you are granted the INEI Census Civic Participation Certificate.
What is the INEI?
The National Institute of Statistics and Informatics (INEI) is an independent body that is responsible for Direct all the statistical and informatics processes in Peru.
It is the entity that proceeds to carry out the censuses within the country, see population, housing, business, university, work, among others. Plans, directs, evaluates, coordinates and supervises all statistical and information technology activities in the country.
It is in charge of producing and publishing official statistical information covering said procedures with the most efficient methodology possible.
To contribute to the use of said knowledge in topics concerning all Peruvians, such as decision-making in the public, socio-economic and community sectors.
It is made up of the following organizations:
- The National Statistical Advisory Council (CCNE).
- The Inter-institutional Statistics Coordination Committee (CCIE).
- The Sectoral Statistics Offices and other Statistical Offices of the Ministries.
- Of Central Bodies, Decentralized Public Bodies and State Companies
- All statistical bodies of the Regional Governments.
- Of the Municipalities.
- Of the Public Powers and the Autonomous Bodies.
Most of these bodies are responsible for issue census data, statistics, surveys, indicators and indices, national and regional accounts, schemes and the final analysis of all this information, and all the technical and scientific processes to calculate and predict economic, social, health, and population facts, to produce official figures on the country.
Some of the most important research carried out by this institution are:
- The National Household Survey (ENAHO).
- The Demographic and Family Health Survey (ENDES).
- The National Survey of Strategic Programs (ENAPRES).
- The Permanent Employment Survey (EPE).
- The Annual Economic Survey (EEA).
- The National Registry of Municipalities (RENAMU).
- The Monthly Surveys of Services.
- The National Survey of Educational Institutions – ENEDU.
- The Specialized National Survey on Disability – ENEDIS.
- The Micro and Small Business Survey.
- The Health and Development Survey in Early Childhood.
- One of the main functions of the body is to measure, coordinate and guide the National Statistics and Information Policy and Plan.
- Evaluate the plans of each region and institution of the country.
- Produce surveys, administrative records and in general, basic statistics of the public sectors of Peru.
- Disseminate data on price indices and the situation of the main economic and social variables.
- Develop research activities that help predict the behavior of economic variables.
- Create national standards that regulate information and communication treatment systems at the regional and national level.
- Encourage the creation of computer systems or applications for massive use for each state and region and promote their transfer and utility in State agencies that do not implement them.
- Make the activities that for economic reasons have not been distributed or promoted at the regional level, but in the largest centers, advance technologically.
- Manage and regulate the development of Data Banks in entities of the Systems within the country.
- Promote agreements for technical assistance, training and expansion of the services offered.
- Guide and promote the organization of the Statistics and Information Systems Offices and the creation of a greater number of branches thereof.
- Know how to distribute State resources in their area and ensure that said is fair and transparent.
- Stimulate departmental systems and collaborate with accurate and functional statistical information.
- Facilitate the spread of statistical information and data processing.
- Support organizations in the economic field with statistical data to fulfill their functions.
- Provide national and international technical assistance in the statistical and computer framework that is required in the bodies of the National Statistical and Computer System.
- Take the responsibility of representing Peru before international bodies and institutions and participate in ceremonies related to their powers.
- Ensure and protect the right to intellectual property of creators of computer programs.
- Formalize before the institutions, the media and the Peruvian people reports issued by the statistics and information agencies.
- Create methodological instruments for national security purposes.
- Require the financial information of companies within the country, their delegations and their cooperatives outside the national territory, in order to create national statistics.
- The power to request such financial information from the previously called National Supervisory Commission for Companies and Securities (CONASEV), now the Superintendency of the Stock Market (SMV) or the Superintendency of Banking and Insurance.
- Coordinate standards, procedures and statistical methodology with the Technical Statistics Office.
- Ensure the correct operation, future and direction of each branch that operates in its jurisdiction.
What services do you offer?
the library of National Institute of Statistics and Informatics (INEI) It allows you access to the necessary information for all specialized workers in the public and private spheres of the country, investigative entities, academics, students of any area and Venezuelan citizens in general.
This library has a capacity of more than 8,000 writings dedicated to the statistical affairs of the country registered by the INEI and its related organizations.
In addition to access to such essential information, other benefits offered by being registered in this service are:
- An environment that allows you to read and investigate, consult all statistical, social, economic and demographic information in each collection that this organization has collected over the years together with any institution, body, company, among others, regardless of whether they are public or private, to bring the information to each of the citizens.
- Detailed history information of each National Census developed in Peru from 1876.
- Reliable and real data from national statistics since the year 1925.
- statistical series developed from 1950.
- Attention of the necessary personnel to give you orientation and bibliographic advice, who can solve your doubts about general information of the institution and its statistical studies.
- A copying service for material that is in the best physical condition, so that you can reproduce the material necessary for your studies, separate consultations, and small-scale dissemination within permitted rooms and environments.
- Access to technological resources that facilitate the reading of documents that are in digital format and the consultation of unique information of said format.
What is the census civic participation certificate?
The census civic participation certificate is a document that affirms and certifies that you participated as a census taker in any of the census processes orchestrated in the country inside of your community.
This certificate not only shows that you have experience organizing a census event, but also registers you in the database of the National System of Statistics and Informaticsand offers you benefits that we will specify later.
The National Institute of Statistics and Informatics It carries out said registration in order to include the participants (mostly students in the 5th year of secondary school or higher levels) in its system, to facilitate statistical processes.
How is it obtained?
You simply must have participated in a National Census process in your community, have completed the corresponding training and have correctly registered as a census taker within the National Statistics and Information System.
This registration is carried out in your community, that is, each registered volunteer works in the area in which they reside. For this reason, it is extremely important to know your residence data well and enter it correctly.
- Be part of the district to which you voluntarily apply.
- Study the 5th year of high school / middle school / high school or have completed it.
- Be part of a technical institution, university or academic.
- Have good health both mental and physical.
Steps to follow
You can carry out the entire process digitally by following a simple guide:
- Enter the website of the National Institute of Statistics and Informatics and select the certificate printing option.
- You must fill in the requested boxes.
- In the case of searching through your National Identity Document number or any identity document in general (identity card, passport, among others), what type of document is this and your telephone number.
- If, on the other hand, you prefer to do it with your personal informationgo to the search box by surname/first name, where you must enter said data.
- Likewise, you will be searched in the system to check that you attended as a census taker of the National Census.
- Yes, you did it, Congratulations! Your INEI certificate will be issued as soon as possible.
By participating as enumerator of the National Censusyou have the possibility of having the following benefits:
- The Censa Civic Participation certificate, by itself.
- Partial study scholarships to attend the National School of Statistics and Informatics.
- Experience in the census field (curriculum).
- Be within the registry or database of the INEI.
Participating in this type of activity is an incredible experience, in which you acquire knowledge, strategies and tools to be able to develop in the future.
The Peruvian State also rewards your effort with a lot of facilities that we already mentioned above, which help you function in other environments, access other levels of education, and provide you with work experience if this is the path you want to take in your life. .
Likewise, we then leave you with the necessary tools and knowledge so that you can access your census civic participation certificateunderstand the context of it, and enjoy what you learned in the process.
Related articles that may interest you