The study certificate or academic certificate is a document that attests to the studies to which you have successfully accessed. They are really indispensable when applying for a job, requesting any type of VISA or documents to revalidate abroad, continue with your studies or start a new level, among many other circumstances.
It is common for young Peruvians to want to leave the country to continue their studies in other lands, cultivate themselves to return to their homeland and apply everything they have learned to build a life in Peru.
For all those young people (and not so young), we present a guide for them to discover the steps to obtain the certificate of studies in Peru.
What is the MINEDU?
The Ministry of Education of Peru It is an organ of the Executive Branch that has full responsibility for national educational policies.
takes care of create quality study opportunities for citizens, achieve an education that favors development and competitiveness at the national leveland promote a society carried out by men and women prepared and committed to their nation.
In turn, the MINEDU seeks to require teachers and trainers a high level not only pedagogically, but also at an academic level: it teaches the necessary tools to strengthen their teaching capacities and, consequently, increase the quality of education.
In summary, the powers attributed to the Ministry of Education of Peru are linked to the regulation of resources corresponding to education, the decrees that change the system for the better, the direction of student activities, the planning of pedagogical methodologies, create agreements between institutions and companies, regulate the issuance of educational certificates, among others.
Specifically, the main functions of the Ministry of Education of Peru:
- Develop, evaluate and procure the national educational policy, in conjunction with the entities of each region.
- Promote and plan the exercise of the primary constitutional right of access to education.
- Propose, evaluate and apply a National Educational Project and its planning to be applied in education.
- Regulate, estimate and manage all policies that ensure the quality of essential education at all levels, from basic and higher, to technical and university education.
- Guide during its execution any plan, policy, program or methodology that is approved in favor of improving learning processes, access, continuity and completion of educational activities.
- Update the National Curriculum taking into account the areas of language, languages, culture, environmental and community awareness, among others, and create instructions on its implementation, conducting said process.
- Coordinate and supervise the teaching system, applying the evaluation, well-being, merit and learning policies of the teaching staff.
- Seek management oriented towards the promotion of optimal educational benefits, carried out together with technical assistance and the promotion of decentralized educational management.
- Calculate, organize and apply the policies corresponding to scholarships and credits for students to provide access to quality education.
- Take charge of the investment of public and private capital for the improvement of the equipment and infrastructure of all educational sectors: basic, higher, technical and university.
- Quantify the impact of any policy, program and methodology that begins to be implemented.
At the same time:
- Guide the processes of measurement and evaluation of the reactions and results of such changes, and share these results so that they are of general knowledge.
- Lead and test the policies and methodologies applied in the field of sport and physical education in the first educational levels.
- Manage the request for an increase in the necessary investments for the educational field.
- Ensure the nation’s budget for education and its correct use by investing in infrastructure changes, objectives and goals.
- Lead the inclusion of computer systems that allow changes in educational policies to be analyzed and reviewed in order to make better decisions.
- Organize any Ministry, Regional or Local Government, and any State body linked to the powers assigned to it.
- Promote the inclusion of the private sector through agreements that accompany a more advanced development of educational and financial activities, taking into account their policies and competencies.
- Stimulate national and international agreements within their applicable powers.
- Announce and authorize changes in the regulations with respect to their powers and spaces to cover.
What services do you offer?
- Internet access.
- An email.
- Access to the data network.
- Maintenance and repair of computer equipment.
- Technical evaluations.
- Fixed telephony.
- Assignment and reassignment of computing resources.
- Access to information systems.
- Software maintenance and development service.
How to obtain the duplicate of the certificate of studies?
» You can introduce yourself in the educational unit the one you attended if it is still exists and request it there or at the Local Educational Management Unit (UGEL) that corresponds to you depending on the location of the education center.
If said institution ceased to exist, that is, it closed, you should approach the UGEL.
In case it is a higher institute that has been dissolved, you must attend the Regional direction of education touch you
We recommend that you call or approach these public institutions so that you can take note of the procedures and costs, which may vary from region to region.
These are the ways you have to get your duplicate of the certificate of studies.
Despite not being an extremely intense list, you must attend with absolutely all the requirements presented here so that you can request your certificate of studies.
Don’t worry, it’s not too much that we ask of you!
- Your National Identity Document (DNI).
- If you prefer or have to send a third party to carry out the process, you must carry an authorization duly signed by you as insurance to be able to access the process.
- The Completed Single Procedures Form.
- In the event that you, the applicant, are abroad, you can obtain your certificate at the Peruvian consulate that corresponds to the country in which you reside.
- If you have failed courses, you need the name or number of the educational institution you attended, its full location (department, province, district) and the date of recovery.
Steps to follow
As difficult as it may seem, the truth is that the way to carry out this process is much more accessible than one would think.
- go to Ministry of Education of Peru. » Calle del Comercio 193, San Borja, Lima.
- Keep in mind that the hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Try to arrive early so that the process is not tedious or tiring!
- come to the Citizen Service and Document Management Office (OACIGED).
- There they give you a form for the application that you have to fill out with the instructions of the person who is attending you.
- Indicate the data in the request:
Educational level (initial, primary, secondary, technical, etc.), your full names and surnames, the name or number of the institution in which you attended, the level or levels of the institution, its location, grades completed and the shift to what did you attend
- When you hand it over, the person in charge returns a procedure code.
- You can check if it is ready through the website of the Ministry or by calling 016155877giving your procedure code Check carefully!
- Come pick up your duplicate! The process takes about 4 to 8 business days.
- Submit the code you were given when you applied.
- Go to the orientation section of the Citizen Service and Document Management Office and pay the 16.50 soles What does the issuance of the duplicate cost? That is all!
It is an extremely useful tool that having your study certificate offers you:
- It allows you to enrich your resume.
- It works as a valid requirement to acquire the following levels of education.
- It is also a necessary document to continue your studies in another institution inside or outside the national territory.
- Check your technical and specialized knowledge in the area in which you have developed.
- Facilitates the acquisition of a scholarship inside or outside the country.
- It is one of the requirements when applying for a job, especially if you do not have specialized studies and have only completed high school.
The main laws and guidelines that allow and justify the functions of the Ministry of Education of Peru are:
- The Political Constitution of Peru.
- Decree Law No. 25762, Organic Law of the Ministry of Education, and its subsequent modification, approved by Law No. 26510.
- Law No. 28044, General Education Law.
- Law No. 29158, Organic Law of the Executive Branch.
- Law No. 27658, Framework Law for the Modernization of State Management.
- Law No. 27783, Decentralization Bases Law.
- Law No. 27867, Organic Law of Regional Governments.
- Law No. 27972, Organic Law of Municipalities.
- And Supreme Resolution No. 001-2007-ED, which approves the «National Educational Project to 2021: The Education we want for Peru»
Now that you have the data to be able to process your duplicate of the certificate of studieslack of knowledge and ignorance regarding the process are not excuses for not doing it as soon as possible.
It’s time! Start with your paperwork now, make the effort and make your future easier.
Related articles that may interest you