Mistakes are somewhat common, so much so that there is even a saying that says «to err is for humans, but to rectify is for wise men». And for this reason, precisely Form 4949 was invented.
All of us, at some point in life, have had mistakes, but without a doubt some of the failures that most afflict us are those that are related to money.
In this article we will teach you to be a little wiser by learning how to rectify those failures related to surpluses in the payment of taxes to the national state.
Of all the mistakes and mistakes that are made when reaching adulthood, one of the most recurring (especially for those who are not very skilled with numbers) occurs when having to calculate how much is owed pay in taxes.
And precisely this has been foreseen, creating form 4949.
If this is the first time you hear it, a brief description is that it is the form that must be filled out and delivered to request the return of everything related to the excesses when paying taxes.
What is it and what is it for
It is very likely that there are still many people wondering what this 4949 form is for and what it is all about.
However, in this case, just that happens: when you pay more, you can request a refund from the State.
The form 4949 It is a form designed by the Government of Peru.
It is through this form that restitution or remuneration is allowed to be granted.that has been made to SUNAT (National Superintendence of Customs and Tax Administration), to the taxpayer who has paid (in the case of taxes that are paid in a personalized way) or who has been charged a tax or fine improperly or in excess.
This form is intended to be used by anyoneeither natural or legal as long as it meets the requirements established by law.
Once you know what it is, special emphasis must be placed on its use, since it is not suitable for all types of procedures.
It can only be used for those procedures and procedures in which the government has overcharged, almost always in the case of fines or taxes.
How to fill out form 4949
By now many will have been interested in the idea of the government returning the money they deposited in the wrong way.
However, it is very likely that you also have doubts and questions about how to do it. There may be those who think that it is something very complicated to fill out, or that it is perhaps extremely difficult to achieve.
But it’s not at all the way you imagine it to be.
In fact, it is a fairly easy form to complete, but if you have questions or prefer to have a reliable guide,Here we leave you all the information on how you should fill out form 4949 so that they accept it without any buts and you can get your money back!
- as always first to be found will be the identification boxes of the form.
In these, surnames and first names or company name must be placed, as well as the telephone number.
- In the next section you will find Item I, which is the General Data of the Refund Request,
The identification boxes of everything related to the return must be completed.
In the first one you must write the Type of Request Submittedthen place the code and the amount requested in return.
The form number, order number, and the date of the tax period are placed in the following boxes. At the end there will be a box to place the details of the tribute.
- The next section is the Item II, the Document that Guarantees the Return.
This section is to ensure that the return is delivered within the stipulated period of time. In the first box of this you must place what type of document it is, and it may be a Bond letter or surety policy.
Then there are the boxes for the number of the document and the name of the issuer, as well as the code for the Issuing Entity. Then the issue date and expiration date must be specified, as well as the amount of the document. The last two boxes are repeated, being the same as the first.
- The next section, the Item III, is where they should be filled everything related to the Negotiable Credit Notes Requested.
It is important to note that this section should only be completed in the case of having placed option 2 (Surety Policy) in the previous item.
In these, all the data referring to the negotiable credits requested must be placed.
- In the last section, Item IV, that of Details for Type of Request.
All the data referring to the check with which the tribute or tax was paid must be completed.
In this case, you only have to fill in two boxes, the first of which is the NCN or Check Number, and the second is the amount of the same. Then both boxes are repeated.
Seen through this little guide the form 4949 It’s pretty easy to fill out, isn’t it?
And to further increase the comfort of the reader, just click here You will be able to access the official SUNAT sample form.
How to make the return request
Until now, only the form as such has been discussed, what it is and how it should be filled out, however, this is not the only thing that is not requested when making the request to be able to make the return.
You also need to make a letter in which all the details of the operations for which the return request is being made are explicitly given. Here we tell you everything you should bring!
- The letter must begin by identifying the natural person, that is, You must enter your name and surname, RUC number, address and finally the number of the National Identity Document.
- It is in this letter where the exact date on which the payment was made, as well as its number, should be stated. It is important that the provider of the disbursement is also mentioned in the same way.
- They should mention in the same way the RUC number (Unique Taxpayer Registry) of the natural or legal person under whom the deposit was made for which the return request is now being made.
- Finally I have to say In the same letter, how much is the amount (or amounts) that are being requested to be returned?. It is important to first place each of the values separately, with its respective RUC, payment date and provider.
- After doing this, the general sub-total must be placed and finally the general total.
- At the end of the letter, the other documents that are attached when delivering it must be placed.
Afterwards, everything is a matter of signing the letter and delivering it to the SUNAT Taxpayer Services offices and Centers, in original and copy.
However, like all government paperwork, this is not over yet.
And it is that there are still some things that must be delivered for the request to be given in legal course. These things are known as requirements, and if you have no idea what they are, here they are:
- The main document that must be delivered together with the letter is of course the Form 4949since it is the one that will support the letter that has been written.
- You also need to attach a Copy of the Annual Sworn Statement of the current yearthat is, the legal year in which the overpayment was committed.
- Another of the attached documents must be the Withholding Certificateor a copy thereof.
- The penultimate document to be delivered will be the Proof of Information Registered in the RUC File, in the form of a copy if you do not have the original.
- And last (but not least) the DNI (National Identity Document) in the form of a copy, since it is a document that is requested in all legal procedures.
All this paperwork is very easy to obtain, since most of them have it at home and it is just a matter of making a copy.
As soon as the excess is noticed, the whole process must be started to request a refund, since after fifteen days can no longer be done.
After forty-five days of starting the process and if no response has been received, it is possible to start a claim process.
As you can see, it is possible to correct all the errors and it is that with regard to form 4949, the government has taken a step forward, making it easier to do it.
Related articles that may interest you