Surely, at some point in the life of all workers they will have to be part of the RUC (the famous Single Taxpayer Registry). For that, the first thing to do is fill out the Form 2054.
If you find yourself looking for the answer to how this process should be done, then keep reading, because here are all the answers you need!
When working life begins, almost everyone must also start paying taxes.
And although in each country the entity to which they must be paid is different, in the case of the Peru it’s about becoming an affiliate of the Single Taxpayer Registrythrough which you must be solvent with tax obligations.
It is precisely the case of Form 2054since it is the one that allows you to become part of the RUC and be able to be up to date with all state taxes.
And if you are wondering how it is obtained, how it should be filled, and you are already imagining a strange amalgamation of letters, in this article we will explain everything to you.
How to fill out form 2054
It is very likely that many of the readers who have reached this article are only interested in knowing how to fill out the 2014 form, since they will be asked to do some other procedure.
The truth is that it is not something very complicated to do, although it certainly has a significant number of items that must be filled.
If you wonder how it should be completed or if you only have any doubts about what to put in the sections, Here we explain it to you step by step in this little guide on how it should be filled out:
The first thing that will be found when beginning the process of completing the form is that it is divided into sections called «Items».
- In it first item find what you want to do, under the name of Request Type. Here it gives three options, if it is a registration, a modification or a cancellation, right after there is the box to place the RUC number and lastly put the last name and first name or, failing that, the number of the company name .
- In Item IIthat is, in the second section of this form 2054, you must place all thethe details of the legal representatives, directors, members of the board of directors and related persons. This is the longest part of the form and must be filled out with the data of each of the people who are linked to the company.
- In this section you will find the boxes to describe and fill in the Link Type that they have, placing the code that is suitable for each one.
These codes vary depending on whether it is a legal representative, if it is a director, member of the board of directors, or if it is a succession, the number of the succession member.
If, on the other hand, it is a conjugal bond (marriage), the code for spouse must be entered. Finally, there are the codes for member, partner or owner, in the case of a company.
- Right after, in the second column you should place the Identification documenttaking into account that this row of information is divided into two:
In the first (Type) you must place the code if it is a DNI, an Immigration Card, RUC, passport (in the case of being foreigners) or Diplomatic Identity Card, followed by the corresponding number.
It is important to say that they can only enter the RUC number of the Legal Representative or that of the Related Person when they are registered in the taxpayer registry.
- Next to this is the third column, in which the data must be placed. surnames and first names of the person or, failing that, the company number.
- The next few columns to fill out are just as easy, if not easier, as they are only the most basic and personal information about the individual.
- In the fourth column you will have to place the date of birth, specifying the day, month and year in their corresponding boxes. This should only be filled out in the case of being natural persons, since legal persons do not need it.
- The Title boxwhich is the fifth column, should be filled out only by those persons who are Legal Representatives, since it is not considered necessary (and in fact it would be a mistake) to place it in the case of natural persons.
- The sixth column is only for foreigners. In this they must place the Country of Origin in which they were born.
- The seventh box will contain the Date (From/To).
The date on which the Form 2054 is registered must be specified. In the case of Legal Representatives, the moment in which they begin with the position or in which they cease in it must be specified.
In all other cases, the date on which the relationship with the taxpayer begins or ends must be entered.
- Then they will find the % Participation box, in which they must answer How much is the percentage with which they participate as taxpayers?
- The last two columns are just for placing the phone number and email address of the person you are enrolling.
It is also It is important to fill out the Annexwhich is to notify the state of the address of the legal representatives.
In the Annex, all the data related to the location, size, type of dwelling and references to the domicile of the different legal representatives that have been placed on Form 2054 must be filled out.
What is Form 2054?
This form is one of the most important in the world of bureaucratic procedures requested by the government of Peru.
Form 2054 is an affidavit. In it, the specific company registers and promotes everything related to who are its legal representatives. PTo prevent the National Superintendency of Customs and Tax Administration (known as SUNAT) from limiting debts in coercive collections to the company.
Uses of the Form
Although more than one should already be aware of what are the possible uses that are given to this form, it never hurts to clarify them. So that there are no doubts and they can do it with all the security they need.
The 2054 form is quite specific in its use. It should only be submitted by taxpayers in the event that they are going to declare the registration, cancellation or any modification of:
- Legal representatives
- Person related to the company in question.
If you still have doubts about what each of these options is for, here we explain it to you in a simple way:
- High: it is about notifying when a person was hired. Or, failing that, when did he start working for the company. In a direct and stipulated way with a contract.
- Low: In this case, it is the notification of when a person stopped providing their professional services to a company. Or, in his absence, the moment in which his contract for the employer ended.
- Modification: in the event that there is any type of change within the data of the legal representatives. Which have been requested when the 2054 form was completed and submitted. A new one must be submitted with the pertinent modifications in the appropriate case.
Surely many of you have already realized that this form is quite simple. Not only to perform but also to fill. However, it is a bit long and tedious to supplement.
But not everything is bad, since they have a facility and it is the time of validity of the same.
The effective time of the 2054 form (the time in which it is in legal form) It is six school monthsTherefore, a new one must be filled out and delivered only every six months.
Who must present it
- Those who must present this form are the legal representatives, directors and other people related to a company.
That is all. As you can see, it is not a complicated procedure, much less difficult to do, since it is simply a link to the RUC.
Related articles that may interest you