In every country it is mandatory for people to have social security. Destiny is uncertain and you will never know when you might need it, whether due to an accident, an illness or a consultation.
It is recommended that you take your forecasts and follow the steps to join one. If you already have it, follow the Requirements for changing the EsSalud healthcare center.
However, What is a social security?
Is a Program that finances or manages the government to meet the basic needs of the people without resources.
Normally, a social security offers comprehensive medical care for everyone and covers problems due to maternity, old age, survival, illness, accident, disability, death, retirement.
In general, these types of programs are usually aimed at those who live in conditions of poverty, disabled, large families and the elderly, or with little ability to pay.
What is EsSalud?
What is the EsSalud Assistance Center?
The most well-known Social Health Insurance in Peru is EsSalud.
It is contributory health insurance aimed at all Peruvian citizens who meet certain characteristics. It provides services for prevention, promotion, recovery, rehabilitation, economic benefits and social benefits.
This can mean economic relief and assistance in cases of emergencies and health problems.
What services do you offer?
- Regular Insurance (+INSURANCE)
For those who work as dependent employees, relatives and pensioners.
Provides coverage for prevention and promotion benefits. Also ambulatory and hospitalization medical care, medicines and medical supplies, rehabilitation services, social assistance and rehabilitation.
- Optional Insurance (+HEALTH)
For all the individuals and independent workers.
It is aimed at any person residing in the country, national or foreign, without age limit, especially independent workers and their dependents.
At the same time, it is aimed at university students, practitioners and other entrepreneurs.
It covers outpatient and hospital care, outpatient surgeries or with hospitalization, maternity care, medical or accidental emergencies, and medicines and medical supplies.
- Supplementary Risk Work Insurance (+PROTECTION)
For workers who perform risky jobs where they may have accidents at work.
Coverage in assistance and promotional preventive advice in occupational health to the employer and the insured, medical, pharmacological, hospital and surgical care.
- Agrarian Insurance Essalud
For all workers who develop cultivation activities.
Prevention and promotion benefits, ambulatory and hospitalization medical care, medicines and medical supplies, rehabilitation services, social assistance and rehabilitation. In addition, financial benefits.
- Essalud Accident Insurance (+LIFE)
It is the personal accident insurance that Provides compensation in case of death or disability permanent or partial as a result of an accident.
Do you want to know «What are the Requirements for the SIS?»
EsSalud Assistance Centers
EsSalud is distributed in all the states of Peru.
In this link you can identify which is the nearest health care center for you: Health centers
How is the care center assigned?
The Assistance Center is designated by EsSalud for the medical care of the Insured by ID number.
This number shows the corresponding information and the nearest center will be assigned to it.
Requirements for change of Center
However, if you are assigned a center that is relatively far away or for some reason, you prefer to attend another, you must do the following:
- First of all, in order for you to be accredited in the systems, you must correctly declare your personal data.
That is, surnames and names, type and number of identity document, date of birth.
- These data must match your identity document
- Then, you must have made the payment of contributions according to the conditions established in each type of insurance (Independent Agrarian Insurance and Optional Insurance).
- After having carried out these steps, you will be able to consult the assistance center assigned for your care considering the location of your home.
If you want to update your address, you can go to the nearest EsSalud office.
You must carry your personal identity document.
Documents needed to request change
What do I need to change my Health Center?
All you need to change centers is:
- Water bill
- Of light
- Present also telephone receipt
- Rental contract for the place of destination of the applicant.
How to consult the center that was assigned?
To consult the center that was assigned to you, you must enter the page from It’s Health.
Once you have entered, on the right side you must select in «To look for» if you want to search by personal data or by type of document.
After this, enter the username and password and follow what the system asks for.
What to do if you are not accredited in the indicated center?
It is important that you know this information from Essalud to avoid embarrassment in the face of any medical problem.
With more than 400 health establishments throughout the country and all the services it provides, it is important to know if you have insurance.
Also, if this accreditation is valid and in which care center it corresponds to attend. Knowing this data can avoid hassles and save time in case of any problem.
To know if you are accredited or not, You must follow a few simple steps:
- Enter the website www.essalud.gob.pe
- Click on the section Where do I attend? located in the lower left.
- Enter the data of the insured or the type and number of identity document
- Press the consult button.
In this link you can also consult the assistance center that was assigned for your care, which is designated based on the address declared by the insured.
- If an insured changes address, it is important to update it at the Insurance Agency closest to your home.
- Once the accreditation is current and updated, The step to make an appointment is to contact Essalud en Línea (411-8000).
You can also go to the appointment module of the corresponding care center carrying your identity document.
- Why is my insurance not active?
Many times it happens that the insurance is not activated.
This generates anxiety and annoyance in people who choose to attend the center for care and come across this problem.
For an insured to be accredited in Essalud, the employer must have correctly declared your personal data.
The data are surnames and first names, type and number of identity document, as well as date of birth.
It is also the case that there defaulted on the number of contributions according to the type of insurance.
Finding that your insurance is not active is essential contact the employer.
This article may interest you: «Steps and Requirements to Collect Breastfeeding in Peru»
- Essalud has on its website the description of a series of procedures and procedures that are carried out and to which users can access.
- It makes the information much easier since you select the type of procedure you want and all the information is downloaded: Procedures and procedures.
- Among the documents that can be accessed is the registration form for (+INSURANCE).
- As we said before, it is the regular insurance in which all active dependent workers or partners are found.
- Also, the presentation of appointments and complaints can be done virtually through the same web page.
- In the case of the appointment request, the form requests the personal data and the appointment data.
- In this, the location of the polyclinic, specialty and some data on the discomfort must be specified.
- Complaints can also be made through the electronic form of the Ombudsman for the insured.
- A detailed description of the facts that motivate the complaint or claim must be made.
You know, if you have this social security and want to change centers, follow the Requirements for Change of EsSalud Assistance Center.
Related articles that may interest you