both in Puerto Rico As in all the countries of the world, you can get your passport, clearly if you meet all the requirements for them, and thus be able to travel to the country you want.
The passport It is an indispensable tool to enter any country. Read on and find out how to get your passport in the beautiful Puerto Rico.
What is the Passport
A passport It is an essential document with international validity, which is issued by the authorities of each country, which accredit a legal authorization in order to leave the country, or can enter it, either through international posts or airports.
What are the requirements to obtain the Passport in Puerto Rico?
Below we mention the requirements you need to get the passport in Puerto Rico:
- Birth certificate, stamped by the demographic registry.
- Naturalization (original and copy)
- Consular birth (original and copy)
- Citizenship (original and copy)
- A passport type photograph with a white background, this must not have glasses or any type of hat.
- Form DS-11
- Form DS-82 (if you want to renew the passport)
- Driving license
- Military Service ID
- If you are going to renew it you must take the expired passport
How to get the Passport in Puerto Rico
If you need to get your passport for the first time or you have to renew them, what First What you should do is request on the official page for passport appointments.
On this page they will give you the option of removing it for the first time or in case it needs to be renewed due to expiration, loss, damage or theft. You even have the opportunity to change your status from minor to major if necessary.
This system is very efficient and friendly when it comes to scheduling your appointment. If you have more chance to go early you will have more opportunity to be attended.
What is the cost of the Passport in Puerto Rico
The cost of passport in Puerto Rico It does not have a single price, it varies depending on the way in which it is going to be canceled and the entity.
Children over 16 years of age have a cost of 110 Dollars payable to US Department of State
Children under 15 years of age have a cost of 15 dollars a US Department of State name
If this payment is made through the Secretary of Finance, it will have a cost of 35 dollars (everyone)
How do I know if my Passport arrived?
We have for you the easiest way to know if your Passport you just have to enter official Web and see if I arrive.
What is the Passport Card
This document is known as the provincial passport. Only while your passport has been delivered to you.
This is a voucher that is usually processed, only if you need to leave the country with great necessity. Be careful: you must justify your unexpected departure.
What are the requirements to get the Passport Card
The requirements for this document provisionalare almost the same as for the passportwe mention them below:
- Birth document, which must be stamped by the Demographic Registry (original and copy).
- Proof of nebulization and citizenship (original and copy)
- Bring your expired passport
- Passport-type photo with a white background.
- You must pay by personal or certified check, or by money order, payable to the US Department of State or to the Secretary of the Treasury.
What is the cost of the Passport Card in Puerto Rico
Passport Card in Puerto Rico if you are over 16 years old It is at a cost of 30 dollars, only if you cancel in the US Department of State, if you deposit it in the secretary of making the cost is 35 dollars.
For children under 15 years of age it is the same payment as if they were going to get their passport for the first time from 15 to 35 dollars to the same government entities mentioned above.
What are the benefits of having a valid Passport?
Required for all international air travel
- Valid for all travel destinations
- Valid for travel by air, land or sea
- If you have your current passport you will have no problem going to the destination that you most want.
- Visit all those tourist destinations that you have dreamed of so much
- Study at the university you’ve always wanted, outside your country.
- You can open a bank account in another country
- You also have the opportunity to purchase goods in other countries.
Where to do the paperwork to get the passport
In Puerto Rico There are good offices that you can attend as it becomes easier for you, to carry out the process of having your passport. Here we will mention a few:
The Fajardo office: It is located on Dr. López street, corner of Muñoz Rivera Fajardo street, PR 00738. At the moment it is working in the second post of the Muñoz Rivera Fajardo Electronic Library.
In this they attend in order of arrival of Monday to Fridayfrom 8:00 am to 3:00 pm the popular office hours.
The Ponce office: This is one of the most frequented offices by the Puerto Rican people, it is located in the Ponce Servicios building, Calle Mayor, Numero 37, Suite 180, PR 00730.
Like the aforementioned office, they are open on a first-come, first-served basis from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Remember that you will be cared for according to the disposition of the office staff and the quality of the staff.
Arecibio office: This office was founded in the Mayor’s house, first floor, Av. San José Diego, number 100, Arecibio, PR 00612.
This one is served in order of arrival, like the others, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Mayagüez Mall office: It is located in the Mayaguez Mall 975 shopping center, located at Av, Eugenio Maria de Hostos Mayaguez, PR 00680.
They serve the same as the others, in order to arrive from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We hope this information helps you in your process.
Related articles that may interest you