The Requirements to Travel to Canada They will depend on the country in which the applicant is located, since given his origin he will have to know if he has to opt for some type of visa or specific immigration documents. Now, in the case of the Dominican Republic, citizens must have a series of mandatory collections to request your stay in this North American country.
As well as, you must comply with a series of requirements to access other types of visas, in the event that your visit is for studies or work. Therefore, in this article you can get everything you need to live this unique experience. Keep reading to see everything we have for you!
Documents Needed to Travel to Canada from the Dominican Republic
Canada is one of the great countries of North America, recognized for its great quality of life and accessibility in tourist places. Similarly, Dominican citizens are interested in this country, as it offers great job and academic opportunities.
Likewise, the Dominican Republic has certain agreements and alliances with Canada that benefit the procedures to travel, and even live in this country. However, to enjoy all its natural parks and know other tourist attractions, the Dominican citizen must learn about the Requirements to Travel to Canada.
Next, we will tell you each of the Compulsory documents and collections for your trip:
- Current work receipt.
- Invitation letter in the event that the applicant travels for family reasons.
- Fill in the mandatory fields of the family form. Not sure where to get it? Click here.
- Download the applicant visa application form.
- Balance history of the applicant’s bank accounts.
- Letter of commitment to the Dominican Republic.
- Original and copy of the valid Passport.
- Personal Identification or Driver’s License.
- Declaration of property or income.
- Credit history certificates.
Once all these documents are in place, the steps to request the appointment must be carried out at the Consulate of Canada:
- Get a good internet connection and use a trusted browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or others)
- Enter the Web page of Canada Visas in the Dominican Republic.
- Next, click on «Request an appointment» or in the information section.
- Read all the terms and conditions.
- Then schedule your appointment.
Start processing your travel permit to get to know Canada!
Visa to Travel to Canada from the Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic is one of the countries that needs have visa in order to legally enter Canada. Therefore, future tourists of Dominican origin must comply with all the Requirements to Travel to Canada according to the type of visa they request.
To visit Canada there are (3) types of visas for which Dominicans can choose:
It is requested by those people who decide to undertake the trip of their dreams and stay in the country for a set period. As well as, the citizen who wants to go on a trip as a tourist, must enjoy good economic support in his country of origin.
- Attention! In the event that you decide to visit the region for a set time greater than (6) months, you must submit a medical report and request another type of visa.
Canada is a country that offers quality in its study programs, which is why many young Dominicans decide to study their undergraduate careers in this country. In this case, the Consulate of Canada offers the study visa for its academic visitors.
You can opt for this type of visa if you have a job offer in Canada. In addition, this authorization will only be for those people who have a hiring letter from a Canadian company.
They are those opportunities that Canada offers you to be part of its community, as long as you commit to contributing to the well-being of the nation. Next, we will tell you the types of immigrant visa:
- Skilled worker.
- Important! If you wish to opt for one of these types of visas, you will have to pay the fee corresponding to the request for this document.
So in case your reasons are for a tourist visit, these are the Requirements to Travel to Canada:
- Valid passport.
- Visa application form.
- Certificate of economic solvency.
- Labor contract document in the DR.
- Travel Reason Letter.
- Travel itinerary.
- Declaration of assets in RD.
- Others pertinent to the process.
On the other hand, one of the great demands of the Canadian immigration authorities is the contracting of travel insurance. The latter is necessary to protect the integrity and health of the applicants and their companions.
In addition, it is crucial that you know that the health system in Canada is very complete and safe, but unfortunately it is very expensive for tourists. For this reason, we will tell you everything that your travel insurance should cover:
- Emergency assistance.
- Complete hospitalization.
- Cover medications.
- Surgical interventions.
- Repatriation in the event of death.
- Compensation for lost luggage.
- Legal and judicial assistance.
Don’t wait any longer and take out your insurance!
Types of Temporary Visas
Currently, the Dominican Republic does not directly have an open Canadian Consulate. On the contrary, it belongs to the countries that have a Visa Application center. Still don’t know where it is? !Here we tell you the address!
- Ave. John F. Kennedy Esq. Ave. Ortega Y Gasset. Plaza Metropolitana, First floor, local 116 A-2. Santo Domingo 10511, National District, Dominican Republic ln.
In this site you will be able to obtain all the types of visa that this country offers to the Dominican Republic, such as:
- Study Permit.
- Work visa.
- Temporary residence.
- Permanent residence.
In the same way, we want to remind you of important points of the Requirements to Travel to Canada:
- Application form with all the data and details completed.
- Valid passport.
- Passport-type photographs of the size specified in the VAC.
- Letter of labor and economic commitment in the country.
- Travel and flight itinerary.
- Also, the history of bank references.
- Own properties and vehicles in the Dominican Republic.
- Family commitment with children, parents, among others in the DR.
- Minimum capital for the visa ($ 2,949).
It is the main document that you should have in case you want to visit Canada for tourist reasons. Also, it is important that you remember that this visa year has a set time of (6) months of stay.
How to obtain this visa?
- Demonstrate your work interest in the Dominican Republic, eager to return after finishing your trip.
- Attach your employment letter stamped and signed by the company where you work.
- Also, incorporate your current salary and your social security contributions.
- Declare the money available to undertake this trip and dispose of all expenses during it (transportation, food, lodging, among others).
- Next, present your certificate of properties acquired in the Dominican Republic.
- Demonstrate the ties you have in your country of origin and in Canada.
- Letter of purpose of the trip, either for job performance reinforcement or you have a course with less than (6) months of instruction.
- Also, declare the length of stay in Canada.
- Reference of other trips made abroad.
Request your visa and wait for the (20) days of approval!
Then, in the last part of this section, we will mention each of the types of visa that Canada offers for you:
Finally, there are other types of programs capable of offering great opportunities to immigrants:
- Express Entry.
- Skilled worker.
- Political persecution.
Costs of Traveling to Canada from the Dominican Republic
On the other hand, to undertake this type of trip it is important to consider the costs related to it. For this reason, we have dedicated ourselves to telling you each one of them (approximate of the equivalent of being (2) weeks in Canada)
- Visa and passport administrative costs $ 1000.
- Air Ticket $ 700.
- Lodging $ 250.
- Tourist attractions $ 300 in total.
- Food $ 300.
- Travel Insurance $ 400.
- Another $ 300.
- After evaluating all the costs associated with the trip, we suggest that you start saving if you want to undertake this wonderful experience. Keep getting to know more of Canada here!
Attractions of Canada
In addition, Canada is identified by its beautiful landscapes and tourist attractions, so in this section we will recommend all the places you must visit to have an unforgettable experience.. Keep reading everything we bring for you!
One of the cities most frequented by tourists, where you can visit the main shopping centers, supermarkets and cultural attractions. If this city is on your itinerary, don’t hesitate to see Montreal!
In the capital of Canada you can find the most urban landscapes and most sensational restaurants in the city.
Declared as national heritage, where you can see the most impressive waterfalls in the world. Do you want a place for your honeymoon? This is undoubtedly the best option!
- Suspension bridge
- Yo Ho
Likewise, a plus point for visiting Canada is the mixture of its indigenous and European culture. As well as, the variety of festivals celebrated throughout the year and its exquisite gastronomy:
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Montereal bagels
- Poutine Tourtiere
- Many more.
- So, go and try them in the most famous restaurants in Canada!
Tips for Traveling to Canada
Finally, if you want to visit this country and have the best possible success on your trip, you will not only have to comply with the Requirements to Travel to Canada, but also, opt for a series of crucial tips for this new experience. So, here we are going to tell you everything!
- First, buy an air ticket with stopovers, so the ticket will be much cheaper.
- Take carry-on luggage and a single suitcase, to save costs.
- Get winter clothing, as Canada is a relatively cold country.
- Save money on lodging and food, renting tour packages.
- Also, plan your itinerary before leaving the country.
- Make sure all your documents are current.
- In addition, you should review all the laws and regulations that this country has regarding tourists.
- Finally, do not carry sharp or dangerous materials in your suitcase.
Wait no more, Canada is the best destination for you!
Related articles that may interest you