The toolbar is used by almost anyone who uses the Windows operating system. Therefore, it is common for someone to make an error and wonder How to get the toolbar back.
But don’t worry, because today we are here to explain How to get the toolbar backon desktop, Google Chrome, Mozilla, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Word, and more.
How to get the toolbar back
Toolbars are extremely common in most applications. Due to how useful and comfortable they are to use, it is something that is considered necessary in the Most programs out there today. They are basically a row, column or block, containing icons and buttons that let you access different functions.
Toolbars are the general rule since it is much more comfortable to simply click a button than to have to open a menu and submenus to do the same thing. These tools have been around since the beginning of the programs, and they are here to stay.
But it may happen that for one reason or another you toolbar has disappeared. In these cases you should not worry, the methods to recover it are usually extremely simple, then we will explain the methods to recover your toolbar.
How to get the desktop toolbar back
The first we will talk about is the desktop Toolbar, in it come the applications that you are most likely to use. And you can also add new shortcuts just by dragging them to it.
If you can’t find your desktop taskbar anywhere, the first thing to check is that it isn’t hidden.
- Just move the mouse bottom edge of your screen to see if it reappears.
- If it appears, right-click it with the mouse and choose “Taskbar Settings“
- Make sure that the option «Auto hide the taskbar in tablet mode” and “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” is deactivated. .
- Finally activate the option «lock bar of chores” if you want it to always remain displayed.
If this does not make it possible to see the taskbar again, we will go on to touch its configuration
- For this method you must press the Windows key + I at the same time.
- That will open Windows Settings.
- Then go to the section «Personalization» and then to the menu of “Taskbars”
- You will only have to deactivate the boxes that hide the taskbar automatically
If the Windows key + I didn’t work, you can go to windows application finder and type there “Toolbar” and look for the option «Personalization» or directly that of “Hide or show the toolbar“-
Via task manager
The last of the methods is through the task manager. This can help us to solve because there are times that the «File Explorer» process has a failure. Therefore, we will close it from the task manager instead of turning the computer off and on.
For this we only have to:
- Open the task manager by pressing the buttons CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time
- Then you will have to go to the “processes“
- Then right click on the «Windows Explorer» either «explorer.exe” and click restart.
And voila, this should have fixed your toolbar. In the rare case that it hasn’t redeployed after all this, try restarting your PC as a last method.
If you want to know everything related to How to get the toolbar back, keep reading!
How to get the toolbar back in Google Chrome
In Google Chrome there are several applications that serve as a toolbar, such as the bookmarks bar. To be able to recover them you only have to:
- Make sure you are not in full screen mode. For this press F11 on your keyboard to activate or deactivate it.
- press the 3 dots that is at the top right of Chrome, the settings section.
- A dropdown menu will open Y you will have to click on “more tools”.
- Then select the button «extensionyes”.
- Scroll through your extensions until you find the toolbar that you usually use in your Chrome.
- will only remain Enable your toolbar.
On the other hand, you may also have to enable the favorites bar in case this method did not work for you. To enable the favorites bar you just have to:
- you shall do click on the 3 dots that appear at the top right.
- Now choose the option of “Favorites”.
- Select the option of “Show favorites bar”.
And voila, you should now have your favorite toolbar back.
How to get the toolbar back in Firefox
Many people use extensions that serve as toolbar for Firefox.
- Make sure you are not in full screen mode. For this press F11 on your keyboard to turn it on or off.
- Select the 3 horizontal lines icon which is in the upper right
- After the menu is displayed, select the option to «Accessories».
- Then you must click on the button “Extensions”.
- Go through your extensions until you find the toolbar you usually use in your browser
- Select the option of «Enable».
- Finally, the browser will ask you to restart it so that the changes made can take effect. Once you close and open the browser again you should have your toolbar displayed
In case you want to enable the default toolbars You will have to:
- Select the option of «Watch».
- Click on the “Toolbars”.
- Choose the favorites bar you want to enable.
- Just do the same with the rest of the bars that you want to activate in your browser.
If on the other hand you want to customize the toolbar in Firefox, you only have to:
- Select the 3 horizontal lines icon which is in the upper right
- Press the option of «Personalize…»
- Make sure the option “Toolbars” is activated.
- Drag the different options that show you in the middle of your screen to the top right of it.
How to get the toolbar back in Microsoft Edge
- Click on the 3 points top right of the browser.
- Already at the end of the menu that opened, you must Select “extensions”.
- Check out between your extensions until you find the toolbar that you usually use in your browser
- Select the option of «Enable», in Edge it has a toggle switch icon. “On/Off” that you will have to activate.
If you don’t want to miss anything about How to get the toolbar backwe recommend that Keep reading!
How to make the toolbar appear in Word
Although the bar tools is something used by most word users, the process to activate or customize it will depend on your version of Microsoft Word.
In Word 2003
To get your default toolbar back from Word 2003 you will only have to:
- Click on the tab of «Watch» top left of the program.
- Select «Toolbar“.
- Another drop-down menu will appear with the different toolbars that may interest you, you just have to activate the ones you want to have and that’s it.
In Word 2007 and 2010
This process is extremely simple, you simply have to:
- Click on the down arrow button found in the top left buttons of the program.
- Select the option you want from “Customize the toolbar“.
- Choose the option of “Show below the ribbon” to change its place.
Why does the taskbar disappear
There are 2 main reasons why the toolbar can disappear:
- In the taskbar settings, the option “auto hide“.
- the explorer of Windows has crashed or crashed, you can see it in the task manager, the process “explorer.exe“
The steps to recover the taskbar are extremely simple and we have explained them throughout this article. If you have any questions about how to recover your favorite browser, Word 2003 or 2007/2010. You just have to upload again and read the simple steps we have given you to achieve it
But if none of the previous steps have worked for you, we recommend that you contact your browser’s customer service, and there you can ask an administrator for help. In the case of Google you can see their contact information in this link
And that’s it, with this we have finished this article in which we have explained How to get the toolbar backin your favorite browsers, in Word, with the task manager and much more.
Thanks for reading us!
If you liked this article about the How to get the toolbar back We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you