Every user of a computer system at some point can have valuable information deleted, either by accident or because he thought he would not use it anymore, now How to recover deleted history It can be a simple process with the tools that technology also gives us.
We are going to provide you with a series of resources that will be very useful to you, and you will learn easily How to recover deleted history, and so you can have the data you need so much again.
How to recover deleted history
When we browse the Internet, the system automatically saves automatic web addresses we’ve been to, then easily access them through history. It is very easy to delete the history and, for this reason, it is something that is done frequently when we do not want another subject who uses the computer to see what websites we have seen.
However, sometimes it is required to see that deleted history again, and this is very feasible, we will indicate How to recover deleted history.
Steps to follow:
- Your computer takes into account the many times you do operations on it, and you can get to erase on purpose or by accident, and you may come to regret it. To do this, it periodically saves the state of the system, so that it lets you go back to a specific date and have everything as you had it before. In Windows, that system is called “System Restore”.
- To retrieve the deleted history go to Home>Computer. Once there, look at the top bar, you must click on «System Properties».
- A window opens with all the basic information of your computer, see in the left sidebar.
- To recover the deleted history you must click on “System Protection”since with this tool you can create a recovery point and restore the computer at the time you want, such as just before deleting the history.
- You will need another smaller window to be displayed, click on the «System Protection» tab, and then on «To create».
- You should close all programs that you have in use to speed up this restoration process. It will ask you if you are sure, indicate “Yes”. Verify that the chosen point is the one you want.
- When you have pressed «Create» another window appears in which you are asked for a detail of what you want retrieve to set a restore point.
- Simply indicate the exact point you lost and want to get back, such as «Record», so that the processor locates the date and time automatically and sends you to it, making it easier for you to recover what was deleted. Click on “Create” and let the process take place.
- The computer will restart. Enter the Internet browser and you will see that your record is there again, as if nothing.
When the subject of DNS cache we link it to information that is temporarily stored, related to DNS scans in the operating system or browser of the computer. This is going to happen at all times, regardless of what type of device is being used or the OS.
Fundamentally we can say that it is a detail of the websites that we have inspected. When we first enter a website, our system uses the domain name resolution service. However, when entering in a second opportunity, that information is already registered.
This is going to make that process more agile and it will take us less time to enter the Webalthough this is a time that often goes unnoticed by users.
It must be taken into account that this cache it can be stored both in the operating system and in the browser. More information in this link.
It is a tool originated by the search engine, to protect in the device memory the pages the user has passed through previously.
With this useful service Googleevery time a web page is visited or a Google search is done, this information is stored on a server.
It is required to have an account Google (registration of such an account is free) and set the Google toolbar in the browser. The browsing history can be visited through its website.
When entered, a list of pages quoted in the last few days. With the support of the calendar, you can see the browsing history of a specific day you want, and even see which days have been used the most, according to the color in which they are reflected. Watch link.
Access the history saved on your hard drive
The browsing history of all your explorations is also stored on your computer’s hard drive, as well as other browsing resources. You will be able to see this data in the notepad, and although it will not look good, you can look at the web addresses you have visited with all your possible browsers.
These are the addresses in which the distinguished browsers save your history on the hard drive:
- Google Chrome: In C:Users(username)AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser DataDefault, the History.
- MozillaFirefox: In C:Users(username)AppDataRoamingMozillaFirefoxProfiles, the file places.sqlite.
- Internet Explorer and Edge: In C:Users(username)AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsHistory, there are files for each day’s history.
Depending on the browser whose data you want retrieve, this can be more or less easy. For example, the ones from Microsoft have a variety of files each with the URL of the web you have entered, and the one from Chrome can be opened in a certain way in Windows Notepad. Although Firefox is somewhat more difficult to use.
There are certain tools traditional, to be able to recover the browsing histories of your browsers using these files, among these: Recuva or the useful EaseUS Date Recovery. When using them, you have to scan the precise addresses in which these histories are located, which we have indicated to you previously.
These are tools that are not always effective, so in some situations you may not be able to simply retrieve the record that you have deleted Although, with these two methods you can know the websites you visited, so you can explore them again once you know the address. More details in this link.
Download some recovery program for deleted files
These are the main programs for recovery of deleted files.
- Recuva is the best data recovery software tool available for free. It is certainly very easy to use, but it also has a lot of alternate advanced features.
- This program can recover files from hard drives, external drives (named USB drives, and others.), BD/CD/VD disks and memory cards.
- It also recovers files on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1, 7, Server 2008/2003, Vista, XP and older versions of Windows like 2000, NT, ME and 98. 64-bit forms of Windows are also supported. In turn, there is a version of Recuva 64 bit.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- data recovery support EaseUS is another great program for file recovery. Recovering files is very convenient to do with just a few steps.
- The favorite quality of the Data Recovery Wizard of EaseUS, is that the user interface is very similar to Windows Explorer. While that may not be the ideal way to display files to users, it is a very comfortable interface that most people are happy with.
- This data recovery wizard EaseUS recover files from hard drives, optical drives, iOS devices, memory cards, cameras, and just about any other device that Windows qualifies as a storage device.
- Please note that the Data Recovery Wizard only recovers a total of 500MB of data before you need to upgrade.
- This resource for recovering deleted files is compatible with macOS 10.15–10.9 and Windows XP – 10, as well as Windows Server 2012, 2008, and 2003.
Puran File Recovery
- It is one of the preferred free programs to be able to recover deleted files. It’s very handy to use, it will scan every drive that Windows lists and it has many advanced alternatives if you need them.
- Puran File Recovery it will even recover lost sections if they haven’t been overwritten yet.
- This program also works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. It is available in portable design for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows categories, so no installation is required.
- It is also an excellent free data recovery program not only because of its features, but also because of its very simple design, so it is almost unlikely to get confused.
- Disk Drill it can recover data up to a limit of 500 MB, from virtually all types of storage devices, such as internal and external hard drives, or USB sticks, and memory cards and iPods.
- In turn, you can preview the files before you want to recover them, pause the scans and restore them later, recover partitions, make a backup of a complete unit.
- Also filter documents by date or size, run a quick scan instead of a full scan for more efficient results, and pin scan results so you can easily re-import them to recover deleted files whenever you want.
If you liked this article about the How to recover deleted history We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you