If it has happened to you that you mistakenly do not have the contacts registered on the excellent phone because in this article of How to recover my contacts, you will find all the information you require.
Read this topic and take advantage of the relevant information shown here, recovery of phone contacts, SIM card, Gmail and much more. Do not ignore the indications that are revealed in this opportunity.
How to recover my contacts
Previously some time ago you had a phone book that you took everywhere. However, the advent of mobile phones in people’s lives will undoubtedly change that tradition.
Currently, phone numbers are not memorized or kept on paper. We preferably save it in the cell phone’s agenda, likewise, it may happen that this contact agenda is accidentally deleted or when changing the mobile device.
But, there is no problem, currently there are different methods to recover contacts from a cell phone, from the Google Contacts application and also, through Gmail or the SIM card of the mobile device.
How to recover my phone contacts
Creating a backup of the contacts you have saved on your mobile is ideal. In this way, in the event that the cell phone is lost, you can then restore the contacts in a mobile that you acquire new.
To do the data restoration process varies depending on the phone and the version of Android you have. In the event that the backup was created with a recent version of android, it cannot be restored on a cell phone that uses an older version.
If the contacts are saved in the Google account, they will be automatically seen on the mobile after login and you will not need to restore under this method.
- Open the Android mobile or tablet Contacts app.
- Then go to menu after Settings and Export.
- Select the contact account you want to export.
- Press export to vcf file.
Turning automatic backups on or off
When you do the Google account setup on your phone, it will tell you whether or not you want to back up your data, to make the change or adjust do the following:
- You need to open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to System, Backup.
- Turn backup to Google Drive on or off.
Restore contacts from backups
- Must open the mobile Settings application.
- Then press Google.
- Then press Configure and Restore.
- If you have multiple Google accounts, click to select which one you want to restore contacts from.
- Select the contacts you want to copy.
In case you want to copy the contacts from the phone storage, you need to disable the Mobile Device Storage option.
- press now restore and wait for the Contacts restored message.
- To prevent contacts from being duplicated, the phone restores only the contacts you don’t already have. The restored contacts are synced with your current Google account and your other devices.
Important, if you want to restore contacts from other apps like WhatsApp or Outlook, you need to download again.
How to recover SIM card contacts
To recover contacts from a SIM card, follow the steps below:
- You must have USB debugging activated, for this you must go to the
- Then About phone and click seven times on Version number.
- Then go back to Settings, Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- Also, it is required to have the rooted device.
- The program Android Recovery It should install and start.
- then go to connect the device to the computer with the SIM card in the.
- Subsequently, on the computer you must select what you want to recover.
- turns to select Contacts.
- Afterwards, a pop-up message appears on the phone asking for user permission then accept and continue. The process takes a while.
- When finished you can see the contacts in a list. You must select one by one and then click on the button that indicates Recover.
- If you do not want to separate the deleted numbers from the ones you still have in the phonebook, you simply have to check the option Show only deleted contacts, in this way you will only see the deleted ones.
Likewise, withto SIM card in mobile and do the following:
- can go to contacts and then to Settings.
- Afterwards, to to import.
- Then a window opens asking where to move import the contacts.
- Then, to select press To accept.
How to recover Gmail contacts
When starting operations on any Android mobile, you must immediately associate it with a Google account. To recover the contacts from the Gmail account, the Gmail account must be activated and the option to automatically synchronize the contacts on the mobile must also be activated. The aforementioned is essential when recovering a deleted contact, so it is recommended that it be activated at all times.
Likewise, you must take into consideration that when you do the process of restoring the contacts, you go back to a previous version of the agenda, this means that the deleted contacts are recovered, but the contacts that were added last will not be there.
Here are the steps that may vary slightly from one type of mobile to another and depending on the operating system you have:
- proceed to open Settings of the mobile.
- Select accounts.
- Then you have to click on the Google account.
- Immediately pressure Synchronization and you will be able to see all the items that are synced and the time of the last sync.
- Now, look for contacts and make sure the tab is activated if not, slide the button to the right.
By having the contacts properly synchronized from the Gmail account with the Smartphone, they must be synchronized with the device in such a way that if a contact number is deleted, it can be recovered from the email account. To do so you must follow the steps below:
- Open the gmail mail and press the icon with the three horizontal bars located in the upper left corner.
- slide and locate Google Apps and touch Contacts.
- Then open the contacts management panel. You must click in the upper left corner on the icon with the three horizontal lines.
If you have accidentally or mistakenly deleted your cell phone contacts, you can restore the information by going to a previous version of your contact list or the system. Also, you can do the recovery by using the email account, through the app. Likewise, through cloud storage programs or services that are used for the synchronization of your contacts.
Sometimes the mobile configuration becomes chaotic, to the point that you cannot even see your contacts and you may think that you have lost your contacts. First of all, you should look for the possible alternatives and it may be that the contacts still remain on the mobile device. To verify, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Contacts app.
- Then, click on the menu located in the upper right corner (the three vertical dots).
- Where indicates Contacts to show.
- Now go to select “All contacts”.
- If you haven’t made the «All Contacts» selection, this may be the solution to your problem.
Now go check the Contacts Database file of your Android device (root required).
If you haven’t completely erased your device, then, has the possibility of recovering its lost or deleted contacts by validating if the database file of old contacts is stored somewhere in the internal memory.
Everything will depend on the version and manufacturer of your Android, you will find the database stored in different storage locations.
The best you can do is install this softwareand enter the database of your Android device and open the .db files.
If you find the folder on the device and it is empty, it means that the contacts have been lost.
If you own an iPhone mobile phone you have two potential options to recover the contact book and it depends on whether we have backed up the phone or not. The available options are the following:
Backup contacts recovery
If the backup has been made in iCloud and the contacts are synchronized, in a very simple way, do the following:
- You must enter on the cell phone or computer to the iCloud website with the respective credentials and click on
- Now slide to
- Then click on Restore contacts.
- Next, you need to choose the contacts and backup you want to restore.
Contacts recovery without backup
If you have not taken the precaution of having a backup, the issue is more complicated and what remains is to use third-party software. For example you can use the app dr fone, it is quite expensive and is for annual subscription.
We hope that the information on How to recover my contacts has been very useful to you, we invite you to share.
If you liked this article about the How to recover my contacts We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you