if you have wondered How to recover my unique key in Chile? You have come to the right article for you. Here we will explain how to issue it for the first time, how to recover it in different ways, what it is and much more.
How to recover unique key
sure you wonder Why is it important to recover your Unique Key? Well, you should know that this is a necessary and mandatory procedure for all those taxpayers who must register in the taxes, file affidavits, make some payments, bill electronically, among others.
On the other hand, if you want to recover your Unique Key you can do it in different ways, including face-to-face. In case of doing it this way, you must follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you should do is go to one of the Civil Registry and Identification offices or one of the IPS-Chile Atiende offices.
- Once there, you must present your Unique Key request to the official who will assist you. This will give you an activation code.
- Once you have your code, you must enter the official Clave Única website and activate your password.
If you already have your Unique Key but you don’t remember it, you should know that you can retrieve it online following the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing you should have is an electronic device with Internet access.
- Go to your preferred web browser. You can use Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or whatever you want.
- Then go to the official website of Unique Key of Chile.
- Once you are inside, you must click on «Recover Unique Key» and then the system will ask you to enter your RUT number in the corresponding field.
- Then, you must select the option «Request Single Key Recovery via email».
- Next, you will receive an email with an activation code, which you must copy.
- Go back to the previous page (you can also use the history) and in the “Recover Unique Password” section, then enter your RUT and proceed to paste the code you copied.
- Finally, after completing all these steps you will be able to fill out a form in which you are asked to write your new password. Remember to check that the data is correct and proceed to click on «Save».
It is important that you remember that the Unique Key must be 8 digits and be composed of uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers. You should also remember that this is data that you must protect very well by security measures.
The unique key is your digital identitywhich allows online procedures that need to be executed only by the owner.
Although the call to obtain this key is face-to-face, at the Chile Atiende or Civil Registry offices. The latter has a special service that allows you to obtain this key remotelywithout having to go to the offices in person, free of charge and by video call.
It is important to note that it is a Beta (trial version and has limited daily quotas).
How to recover my unique key in Chile: How to obtain your unique password online by Whatsapp?
- You must have your identity card and enter the Civil Registry
- Then you must fill out the form with your RUT, serial number, email and whatsapp number
- Then a virtual ticket number will be created.
- Later, an official from the civil registry will call you (within 30 minutes to 24 hours of requesting the procedure).
- When you receive the video call, the civil registry official will help you by requesting to confirm the email, serial number of the identity card and then place the card near your chin (photo ID type) in front of the camera to take a backup photograph.
- After this procedure and after 15 minutes, you will receive the Unique Key activation code in the email.
How to recover my unique key in Chile: How to activate the unique key?
- Enter with your Rut and the code received in the email to the Unique Key
- Then create your unique personal and non-transferable key.
For more information visit the website of the Civil registration
What is the activation code?
The activation code is characterized by being a combination of 6 letters that is delivered to the sites intended for it and that allows you to activate your Unique Key on its official website.
It is important that you remember that You must enter your code in uppercase.
Your activation code doesn’t work? There are 2 main reasons why your activation code is most likely not working:
- Because it was already used to activate the account at some point in the past.
- Due to too many wrong attempts. The system allows you to enter the code up to 5 times. After this it will be blocked by number of failed attempts.
What is unique key
The Chilean Civil Registry incorporated a few years ago the creation of the unique Key so that citizens can carry out their procedures online without the need to go in person to an office.
In a few words, it can be stated that the Unique Key is an initiative that seeks to provide citizens with a Unique Electronic Identity, RUT and password, so that they can carry out State procedures online.
This is a measure that has been very importantespecially today that we are experiencing a pandemic caused by Covid-19 that has hit the whole world hard.
In this sense, given that movement permits are limited, the Civil Registry enabled its site to allow citizens to obtain their Unique Key virtually.
With this key, people can carry out more than 50 different procedures in 21 state agencies. Some of these organizations are the Virtual Police Station, Fonasa, the Ministry of Housing and Urbanism, the Social Welfare Institute, among many others.
How to recover my Unique Key if I cannot do it online without having to go to the Civil Registry
If you want to recover your Unique Key and you cannot do it via the Internet, you should know that you have other ways to do it.
You can go to a Civil Registry office and carry out this procedure in person. However, if you do not want to go to the offices in person, you can also manage this document through the self-care totems that are enabled in different parts of the country.
It is important that you know that through these devices you can not only recover your password, but you can also process it for the first time, among other activities. This is because self care totems have a chance to both retrieve and get the key.
At the totem poles you can request around 17 free certificatessuch as:
- Birth: these include all family allowance and enrollment procedures.
- Background: are all those that have particular and special purposes.
- Driver’s CV
- Marriage: includes all family allowance procedures, sub-registrations of cessation of cohabitation, among others.
- Death: are all those that have a cause of death, family allowance for disability, among many others.
- Non-profit Legal Entities: include all current procedures, directory of Civil Union Agreement (AUC), among others.
Also, we can add that these self-service devices are located in many parts of the country, which allows users to carry out their procedures at any time and place without having to go to the offices.
Some of the most common sites where I know located are: shopping centers, hospitals, municipalities, state institutions, among many others.
How to get the unique key for the first time
Still don’t have your Unique Key? Calm! Here we will explain the steps you must follow if you want to process it for the first time.
Mainly, you must be clear that all users who wish to obtain this key must be at least 14 years of age. You can also obtain it through the following alternatives:
- You can go to any office of the Civil Registry and Identification Service or the ChileAtiende Network. Request it at the customer service desk by presenting your current identity card.
- You have at your disposal any Civil Digital self-service totem of the Civil Registry and Identification Service or any of the ChileAtiende network. You must bring your ID and present your fingerprint.
- You can process your Unique Key for the first time via telematics by video call. You must enter the official page of the Civil Registry and schedule your appointment.
One hour before appointmentyou will receive an email with the link corresponding to the video call, which you can make from your computer or cell phone.
We hope that this article has been to your liking and that you got all the information you were looking for. Anyway, here we will leave you an explanatory video in case you need a little more information.
In it you will find the help you are needing and they will explain all the steps you must follow in more detail.
If you liked this article about the How to recover my unique key in Chile We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you