How to recover photos from Google Drive? If it happened to you that you accidentally deleted a photo from your Google Drive account and now you want to recover it, we will bring you the solution! There are several avenues you can use to do just this. You just have to stay with us and pay attention to everything we have to tell you.
Today we will be explaining how you can recover photos from Google Drive, from the trash or with the Recoverit App. We will also tell you how you can check your activity and how to retrieve a file using advanced search. Finally, we’ll tell you what you can do if you can’t find the file you deleted. If you are interested in knowing all this, keep reading!
How to recover photos from Google Drive
Let’s start by answering the main question of this article: How to recover photos from Google Drive? This is a very easy procedure to carry out, for which you simply have to follow a series of steps in the way you choose to try it. The truth is that this is done quickly and we will tell you how you can do it.
You can recover the files you deleted from the trash (trash) or using some software specialized in the recovery of deleted files. However, before I explain this to you, keep in mind that Yes you can’t find something because you think you deleted itthe first thing you need to do is confirm that what you are looking for has actually been deleted and not that it is there somewhere on the drive.
In this sense, you can do the following:
- First of all, go to Google Drive on your computer. Log in with your data and access your account.
- then click My unit. This option is located on the left side of the screen.
- Already in your unit, click on the information sign . You’ll find it in the top right of the drive.
- There you can find the file. If you can’t find it, it’s because it’s actually deleted.
- If so, you can try a advanced search. Simply log in to your Google Drive account, go to the search bar and click on this sign: which as you can see is a downward arrow or triangle.
- Use the advanced ways to try to get your file. Between quotes put an exact phrase of the document, you can exclude a word from the search if you put a – before (mountain -beach), you can search for the owner type owner: email (owner: firstname.lastname@example.org), files shared by others like from: email and the other forms:
If you do not get what you are looking for or use these methods, then it is very likely that the photos were deleted from Google Drive. In this sense, you have no choice but to try the alternatives available to you and which we will cover later. For now, keep in mind that this search can be done from Android, iPad, iPhone and from your computer.
From Google Drive Trash
First, we will tell you How to Recover Google Drive Photos from Trash. This is just super easy to do and will only take a few minutes. Follow the steps that we will indicate below to the letter, be it from your phone, tablet or computer. Let’s see!
- Sign in to your Google Drive account.
- Once there, locate the menu on the left side of the screen. There’s your drive, computers, shared with you, recent, featured, and what we’re looking for: the trash can.
- Locate the file you want to recover and select it. If you are from your computer, right click on the touchpad or mouse.
- Press the option of Restore.
- That is all! You can recover the photo or photos you were looking for in just a few seconds.
Make sure you have a good internet connection as Google Drive tends to crash or take time to load when the internet is very slow. On the other hand, keep in mind that these are the same steps that you must follow on Android, iPhone, iPad or computer.
Recover Google Drive files with Recoverit
If you didn’t get anything in the trash, then most likely those photos have been permanently deleted. However, we can see How to Recover Google Drive Files with Recoverit. This app is well known because it allows you to recover files that were saved on your computer. We will explain how to use it shortly.
- To get started, you have to install recover it on your computer. It can be Windows or Mac.
- Next, open the software and select some location where you think the file might be (Desktop or Hard Drive, for example).
- click on Begin (Start).
- Your computer will start to be scanned and the files will be filtered. You can search for videos, photos, files, documents, etc.
- Select the ones you want back and click Retrieve either recover.
- Save the file somewhere you can easily access it, and that’s it!
Of course, do not forget that this will allow you to recover files from your computer that were saved from Google Drive, but not those deleted in Google Drive.
How to Recover Photos from Google Drive with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard or from Trash
Another option you have is to use the software EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. You have to keep in mind that the photos and files in general that you have in Google Drive you also have in a folder on your computer or phone. When you delete a file, it is also deleted from the folder. However, you can recover it from the trash on your computer or phone.
Try to do this, simply by entering the section of Recycle Bin They have all the phones and computers. From there you will be able to retrieve the file you are looking for. If it doesn’t show up, but you also emptied the trash, then EaseUS Data is the best option for you. You must do the following, to recover the files:
- Install and start Ease US Data.
- Select the type of file (photo, video, PDF, document, etc.) you want to have back and press Following.
- Then choose the drive where the deleted Drive files are located and click Scan.
- The drive will scan to find photos and videos that have been deleted, as well as any other files you may have saved.
- View all the files that you can recover and select the one you are looking for or the ones you are looking for. When you’re done, click Retrieve.
- Save the recovered files in a folder that you know and easily access.
- Firstly, install EaseUS MobiSaver.
- Next, connect your phone to the computer via USB.
- Search and locate the lost files on Android phone or device.
- View the files and click Retrieve (recover).
So we finish explaining the How to recover photos from Google Drive.
Check your Google Drive activity
There is another procedure that you should know how to do. We are talking about the Google Drive Activity Verification. This tab shows everything you do in your Drive account and is important to keep in mind. You simply have to do the following:
- To get started, sign in to your Google Drive account.
- Next, locate the menu on the left side of the window and click on My Drive.
- Click on the following icon: . This is the i for Information.
- There a box will open, in which you will be able to see the Exercise. You’ll see actions taken on your Drive documents, including what other people you’ve shared a document with do.
- You can retrace your steps and see what happened to your file, for example. You can see that you deleted it, downloaded it, modified it or moved it.
As you can see, it is something extremely easy to do. Again, make sure have a good internet connection since the Drive gets very slow when it is not done like this.
What to do if you can’t find the deleted file you want to recover
If the file belongs to someone else, you can ask that person to follow one of these steps to get the file back. This one can do it, and so can you if the file is yours, recovering all files deleted in the last 25 days. Simply select User and open the profile, in your same Drive account, then click the menu icon and then click Recover data.
From My Drive, you can click on the icon that looks like a nut. There click on Download backup. If you have a recent copy, you will be able to recover all the deleted files. If none of this works for you, you should say goodbye to your files or keep trying other software. Make sure you use reputable ones and pay if necessary.
Now we are definitely done answering your question. How to recover photos from Google Drive. You now know how to recover any files from Drive, not just photos through numerous ways. Use them all if possible. We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for.
Until next time!
If you liked this article about the How to recover photos from Google Drive We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you