How to recover photos from iPhone? If you deleted any images by mistake or for some other reason you cannot access the photos, then you will surely have this concern. Images can contain incredible memories, gossip and conversations that could save you. That is why you should know the ways you have to recover the photos from your phone.
Today we will tell you how you can do this. Either by recently deleted photos, photos that do not have iTunes backup and through streaming photos. We will also tell you what you can do if you do not see photos or videos in the Photos App and an illustrative video that you might like to see. If you are interested in knowing all this and more, keep reading!
How to recover photos from iPhone
Let’s start by answering the main question of this article: How to recover photos from iPhone? As we told you before, it may happen that you have mistakenly deleted a photo that you now want to recover. Maybe from a few days or a photo from a long time ago. Be that as it may, it will help you to know what options are available to you.
Recently deleted photos
First of all, let’s discuss what you can do in case photos have been recently deleted. Of course, Recently in a very relative word, so we will try to explain this to you in the best possible way.
- If you deleted the photo in the last 30 daysyou can easily retrieve it.
- Sign in to Photos and then to the section albums. Then click on recently deleted. It is located in the Utilities section.
- Select the photos you want back and click Retrieve.
- Confirm that you want to recover the photo.
- Finally, place it in the gallery, right where it was before. This to confirm that she has already returned and will not be deleted until you decide so.
These are the same steps that you must follow if you want to recover a photo (or several photos) from the iPhone, iPod, iPad or Mac. Be careful to delete photos that are saved in this section because they will already be unrecoverable. They will be permanently deleted from your phone. The same with these photos after 30 days; that is, 30 days after being deleted, they will be completely removed from your cell phone.
Photos without backup
It can also happen that you want Recover photos without backup. In this case, what you can do is use an App. You can use: PhoneRescue for iOS or iMyFone D-Back. You just have to follow the steps that we will explain below, to the letter.
With this App you can recover photos (streaming, camera roll, WhatsApp or library), videos, iTunes and iCloud data, contacts, messages, notes… You can recover many things from your phone that have been deleted with this App. In fact, you can use it if the phone screen was damaged, if the phone was damaged by water, if it was broken, etc. It is considered one of the best and is used like this:
- First of all, install the software.
- Then connect your iPhone with computer via USB.
- Select recovery mode: Recover from iOS Device. You also have the option to choose Recover from backup (if you have iTunes backups) or Recover from iCloud. We tell you only in case you are interested in these options.
- click on Photos and then in okay.
- Select all the images you want back and click on the second image at the bottom right of the screen, the one with a computer with a down arrow.
- It will download, and that’s it!
This software allows you to recover your data, photos, videos and many other things from your phone. Even iCloud files and iTunes backup. Most importantly, you can get back what you want even if you don’t have a security device. Let’s see what you need to do:
- install iMyFone D-Back on your computer or Mac.
- Tell your phone to computer via USB.
- Start the program and click Recover from iOS device > Get started.
- Wait for your phone to be detected. When it does, click Following.
- Indicates that you want to recover photos, although you may notice that you can recover other data if you wish.
- click on Scanbutton located at the bottom right of the window.
- Wait for the device to be scanned. Then all the photos that you can recover will be listed. Select the ones you want. To filter what you want, you can click where it says Show everything and select Show only deleted files.
- When you’re done choosing, click Retrieve. This option is in the bottom right of the screen.
- That is all! This is how you recover the documents you were looking for.
From iTunes backup
On the other hand, if you have the iTunes backup and deleted the photo, you may be able to recover it. Please note that you will recover all the files that are backed up and these will be overwritten over the current data on the device. You have to do the following:
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your phone to it via USB cable.
- Click on the iPhone at the top left of the screen.
- An options box will open for you to choose from. click on restore copy.
- Select the copy you want to recover and confirm. Remember: this data and this information that you are restoring will be overwritten over the information that you have now.
You can also do this from the Apps that we mentioned earlier and this way may be much better. Specifically because you will be able to select the photos that you want to recover and, best of all, without modifying the data or information that you already have on your phone. The same if you want to recover from iCloud.
If you want to access the iCloud backup, where all the data that goes to the cloud is stored, then you must follow a series of very simple steps. Of course, keep in mind that when you restore the copy, these will be rewritten over your current information and could delete recent things. That said, we will proceed to tell you what you need to know:
- Firstly, go to Settings > General and click on Reset.
- Then press Delete contents and settings and then wait for the process to complete and the phone to turn off.
- Turn it on again, configure your phone and in the Apps and Data click on Restore with iCloud Backup.
This is how we finish explaining to you How to recover photos from iPhone. We hope we have helped you with this and that you can recover what you were looking for. You can try other methods if you feel comfortable, methods that we have not touched today, such as the use of other Apps. However, make sure they have good feedback.
What to do if you don’t see photos or videos in the Photos app
Another key question is the following: What to do if you don’t see photos or videos in the Photos App? This can happen more frequently than you imagine and we will tell you what to do in each case. You have three choices: check recently deleted photos, confirm iCloud Photos is active, sign in with the same ID, and show photos. Let’s see!
You may have accidentally deleted a photo or video. In this case, go to Photosclick albums and then click on the option recently deleted. There you can see if the file you are looking for is found.
You can select one or multiple photos and then click Retrieve. You can do it on the Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. If it was deleted less than 30 days ago, it will be there. At least, of course, that it has also been removed from this section.
Check that the option iCloud Photos be active. If you take a photo or video, then it will go to iClud automatically. To confirm that it is, you should go to Setting, select your name, and tap iCloud. then play Photos and activate the corresponding option.
You can also do that from your Mac. You just have to go to Photos > Preferences and choose iCloud option and turn on this feature.
Connect to Wi-Fi after you turn on the option; You can try disabling it and then enabling it. Wait a few minutes and then wait a few minutes and see if what you are looking for is already available.
You can also make sure that the photos are not hidden. Look for the hidden album and make sure what you’re looking for isn’t there. On more advanced iPhones you can even hide this album, so make sure it’s turned on to see it.
To display the photos, once you locate them, just click Photos > Albums > Utilities > Hidden. Then select the photo you’re interested in and tap Share > Show.
Lastly, you can try by logging in with the same ID. That is, make sure you’re using the same Apple ID on all devices to access iCloud. This way your photos and videos will be up to date. Confirm that you are using the correct one by clicking Settings or System Preferences and seeing the mail that appears.
These could be considered as other avenues in response to the concern of How to recover photos from iPhone.
If you liked this article about the How to recover photos from iPhone We recommend the following related articles:
Related articles that may interest you