Are you looking for the Venezuelan criminal record certificate? Well, we have good news for you, you can process it from anywhere in the world, where you have an internet connection.
It is totally electronic, with a digital signature and security codes, only for this document to be valid abroad, it needs to be apostilled, but that is another story, below you will find in a simple way, How to process the criminal record certificate in Venezuela.
First of all, let’s understand what is the criminal record: It is a document that allows validating the lack or existence of criminal history of an individual in Venezuela.
This document is valid for three (3) months, and is issued by the Ministry of People’s Power for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace, its issuance is absolutely prohibited, with the exceptions in cases of social security or at the request of an authority public, that is to say, no private company, can request this certificate, these conditions are contemplated in the Law of Registry of Criminal Records.
The files that contain the information regarding each case where there has been a conviction by a court of justice, remain archived in the police and judicial agencies, as well as in the related administrative institutions.
It is important that you have a non-Hotmail email address, preferably Gmail.
To make the request, you must be registered as a user on the website of the Ministry of People’s Power for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace.
These steps are very simple:
Enter the website of the Ministry of People’s Power for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace go to «Citizen Services» and select «Request for International Procedures» or directly here.
1.Locate in the upper left, the field «Get into»and you press it:
2. Complete the personal data requested, such as identity card number, email address, date of birth, sex, landline and mobile phone number, state, municipality and parish of residence in Venezuela:
3. At the end of the form write in details the address in Venezuela, the Key or Password, repeat the password and then press «To register»:
4. Check the inbox in the mail gmail with which you registered, You will have a notification from the Ministry of People’s Power of Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, with the data in accordance with your registration, remember to check the spam or spam folder:
5. When accessing the portal again, it will ask you to enter two security questions and their respective answers, you can choose from the ones that appear in the drop-down lists:
The required document is the Identity Card. Physical documents are not requested, since the issuance is completely electronic.
The personal data will be shown in the application form, once you enter the identity card number.
It is essential, to prevent the Certification from being mistaken, have the exact, correct name and the country where it is located, the body or institution that requests the Criminal Record Certificate.
Steps to follow
To make the electronic application, the schedule for the application must be taken into account, the Ministry of Popular Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, assigns one day a week (Monday to Friday) according to the last number of the Identity Card. Identity of the applicant, which would be as follows:
Mon, 1-6; Tuesday, 2-7; Wednesday, 3-8; Thursday, 4-9; Friday, 5-0
5000 applications are processed or admitted daily.
Enter the page of Ministry of People’s Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, It will show you the following information, read it carefully and press «Exit»:
1. Log in, entering email and password. (As they appear in the registration agreement email).
2. Locate the «Application» option and press «Start Request», if you achieve the quota, we go to step 4, if you do not achieve the quota you can try to make the request again, the following week on the day that corresponds to you according to the schedule :
3. Proceed to fill in the required fields:
- place the exact and correct name of the foreign entity or institution and the country where it is locatedwho requests the Criminal Record Certificate
Example: Consulate of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- Select from the drop-down list, the reason for your request (visa, residence, work, etc.)
- Select the country that requires the certificate
4. Confirm all the data:
- Select the box that says «I have verified that the data is correct, and I have filled in all the requested data»
- Press “Register”
5. Once the data is completed, the system will indicate «Successful Registration» and the number of your procedure and will give the option to print, it is not necessary to print it, as you will receive a notification by email.
6. Between three (3) to fifteen (15) business days, you will receive an email notification with the result of the review of your criminal history: approved or disapproved.
7. If the result is Approved, enter the portal, two documents will appear, the application and the Criminal recordprint only the second, the document has security systems such as the Digital Signature, QR and Bar Codes, unique procedure code, watermark that identifies the Ministry of People’s Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, in addition to providing security, facilitates confirmation to the requesting organizations:
Before which organizations do I have to certify?
The only body accredited to process the Criminal Record Certificate is the Ministry of People’s Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, on its web portal, enabled for the request.
Where is the procedure performed?
The body in charge of granting the Certificate of Criminal Record is the Ministry of Popular Power for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace, to request it must be directly through the website of the Ministry of Popular Power for Internal Relations, Justice and Peace of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
The process is totally free.
Who can do the process?
Venezuelans or foreigners, with corresponding identity card.
In the case of minors, the Organic Law for the Protection of Children and Adolescents expressly prohibits this kind of information in children and adolescents.
What is the criminal record certificate used for?
The Criminal Record is an essential document to certify that the citizen does not have any legal problem, nor has he been prosecuted for any crime in Venezuela, it is an essential requirement in many countries to be able to enter the labor field.
Ask: Can I apply any day?
Response: No, the application will only be initiated on the days assigned in the schedule, according to the last number of your identity card. It is suggested to apply first thing in the morning.
Ask: What should I do first, the Criminal Record Certification request or the appointment for the Apostille?
Response: It is suggested to request the Criminal Record Certificate close to the date of the appointment for its apostilled, taking into account that the document is valid for three (3) months.
Ask: Is it apostilled in the same Ministry of People’s Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace?
Response: No, you only have to get an apostille at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, after obtaining the appointment through the authorized channels and presenting yourself with the required documentation at the address indicated.
Ask: the embassies from Venezuela abroad, do they carry out the apostille?
Response: You should find out at the embassy closest to your residence if they carry out this process and its procedure.
Ask: I have Hotmail email, can I register on the portal of the Ministry of People’s Power for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace?
Response: Hotmail is not allowed to carry out procedures, it is suggested to use Gmail.
Ask: How many times can I download and print the certificate?
Response: You can download and print the Certificate as many times as you want, you can only request it once (1) a day, three (3) times a month and ten (10) times a year.
Ask: Where they request the organization and country, do I put the country to which I am going?
Response: No, the exact and correct name of the organization and the country where it is located must be placed.
Ask: How do I request the Certificate for a person under 18 years of age?
Response: Those under 18 years of age are considered children and adolescents, so the Organic Law for the Protection of Children and Adolescents expressly prohibits this kind of information on children and adolescents, specifically in Article 65. Right to honor, reputation, own image, private life and family intimacy, and Article 227. Violation of confidentiality.
Ask: I requested the records for Peru, but now I need them for Chile. Should I request them again?
Response: In this case, a new application must be made, since the Criminal Record Certification must be directed according to the country that requests it.
Ask: I made a mistake in the profession on the registration form, does this influence the result of the request for the Criminal Record Certificate?
Response: That information is irrelevant to the outcome of your criminal history check.
As you can see, you don’t need managers to help you how to process the criminal record certificate in Venezuela, We suggest connecting very early, to obtain the quota.
Related articles that may interest you