One of the forms issued by the CNE is to process the proof of residence. In this article we explain the step by step to process it.
What is the CNE?
The National Electoral Council It is the governing body of the Electoral Power, responsible for the transparency of the electoral and referendum processes; It guarantees Venezuelans and Venezuelans the efficient organization of all electoral acts that take place in the country and, in particular, the clarity, equity and credibility of these processes and their results to raise and sustain the prestige of the electoral institution.
OBJECTIVE Improve the electoral process and organization to ensure that the votes translate the free, spontaneous and authentic expression of the citizens and that the counts reflect the results of the voter’s will expressed at the ballot box. The National Electoral Council will be in charge of the supreme inspection and surveillance of the electoral organization and in the exercise of these powers it will fulfill the functions assigned to it by the laws and will issue the necessary measures for due compliance with these and the decrees that regulate it. .
- Choose the National Registrar of Civil Status and also choose a person who can replace him in case of faults.
- Remove the National Registrar of Civil Status if he presents political preferences regardless of the causes.
- Appoint delegates since these will be in charge of the scrutiny in each Electoral District.
- Allow and receive the budget presented by the National Registrar of Civil Status, as well as its additions, transfers, credits and counter-credits.
- Approve the resolutions issued by the National Registrar of Civil Status regarding the creation, merger and suppression of positions, as well as the amounts of their salaries and per diems.
- Carry out the scrutiny for the President of the Republic and process the credential that supports it.
- Know and decide on the resources that are filed against the decisions of its Delegates for the general scrutinies, resolve their disagreements and fill their gaps or omissions in the decision of the petitions that have been legally presented to them.
- Prepare your own regulations to have it as a guide.
- Decide which employees work for you and remove those who are no longer suitable or do not comply.
- Keep alive in citizens, the affection for democracy, in terms of the most appropriate system for a peaceful coexistence in society.
- And any other function assigned to it by the Laws of the Republic.
It has its beginnings on September 11, 1946, being called Supreme Electoral Council, through the Congress of the Republic of Venezuela. At that time, the Supreme Electoral Council was a court that appealed all decisions made by the so-called State Boards and was in charge of inspecting the electoral process. It was then the symbol of Electoral Power.
In 1946 elections by direct vote were implemented. That same year the Constitution applied direct voting to elect the President of the Republic. In that year, the achievement was also obtained that women began to exercise the right to vote, also people who could not read or write and young people who were over 18 years of age, thus implementing the universal vote.
So far everything was going well until in 1948 when the country’s institutions were interrupted by a military coup that lasted approximately 10 years. It was not until January 1958 that the constitutionality was restored and the CSE took the lead again and began to organize and inspect absolutely all the electoral processes carried out in the country.
On June 20 of that same year, its members were appointed, and the CSE was finally established on June 25.
In 1997, this institution changed its name to National Electoral Council which is the one we know today, this was due to the entry into force of the Organic Law of Suffrage and Political Participation.
It began as an Autonomous Institute, defining these institutes as state agencies that do not have their own legal personality, in addition to not being considered as a public power.
The highest body of the Electoral Power It is granted by the new constitution of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela issued thanks to a referendum.
What is the proof of residence?
The proof of residenceis a document issued by the municipal delegation or town hall where the person requesting it lives to support their location of residence.
What is the residence card for?
The proof of residence is a document that is required in many procedures in the National territory, among them we have:
- Conditional freedom.
- Procedures to acquire housing.
- Applications for bank credit, educational credit, material credit, employment, mortgage credit.
- Army entrance exams.
- To grant alimony.
- Confirm your address.
- Naturalization letter, extemporaneous registration.
- For currency processing, electoral procedures, or political procedures, among others.
Which are the requirements?
If you need to issue a proof of residence, it is necessary to present to the Office or Civil Registry Unit, the identity card (original and photocopy) of the applicant, three (3) copies of the application for Proof of Residence issued by the system; and accompany them with ONE OF THE DOCUMENTS mentioned below:
- Original and photocopy of the Fiscal Information Registry (RIF), as long as the tax domicile is the same as the residence that you declared.
- Residence letter signed by the Condominium Board, duly registered Community Council or Neighborhood Association.
- Original and photocopy of payment receipt for a public service corresponding to a service, issued in the applicant’s name (electricity, toilets, water, gas, mobile or fixed telephony, pay television) and must be valid for three months on the date of application; This is to record and validate the residence that you declared.
- Any other public document that confirms the residence address declared by the applicant.
How to get it?
To start, look for the CNE page and press the option «Proof of Residence».
Select the button «Proof of Residence” and then proceed to fill out the form that you will see on the screen and fill in the information requested in each category.
Personal data such as full name, ID, gender, your residence address, among others.
The system will then immediately generate your proof of residence.
Print the three certificates that the system will throw.
Go to the office or to the Civil Registry unit closest to your place of residence with all the precautions. Without leaving any!!!
When the verification of the residence that you placed in the certificate is done, you can rest assured that you have made progress in the entire process.
Finally, the civil registry official will give you two prototypes of the residence card. Your residence card and each copy must already be signed and sealed by the civil entity.
- How long does the process take?
The delay of the process is 8 business days from the day the requirements were delivered.
- How much does it cost to issue the certificate?
Any! It is a completely free procedure.
- Have you had problems with the website?
It is not a secret to anyone that web pages can present problems when carrying out your procedures. Fill yourself with patience and wait for the response to these setbacks.
Legal bases of the residence card
If you like to wave more in the laws and the legal support that the residence card has, here we leave it for you:
- In the Constitution of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
- In the Current Civil Code.
- In the Organic Law for the Protection of Boys, Girls and Adolescents.
- In the Public Registry Law.
- In the Tax Stamp Law.
- In the Guidelines of the National Council for the Rights of Children and Adolescents.
- And in the rules and procedures issued in this regard by the National Electoral Council through the national electoral civil registry office.
It is of great benefit that it be done under the coordination and control of the National Electoral Council thus seeking to simplify and make it easier for citizens to obtain the document processed by the Civil Registry offices and units of each municipality in the country.
If you want to state your place of residence before the different public, political or private parties, this proof of residence that we have talked about in this article is completely valid.
We read soon!
Related articles that may interest you