Within the Requirements for the Declaration of Succession You will find all the documents, procedures and steps that you must carry out if you want to obtain a valid Probate Declaration Act, which allows you to distribute the property of a loved one who is no longer among all his heirs.
You must bear in mind that this is a process that requires patience and time to carry out all the necessary procedures. As we know that this is not an easy task, we decided to help you by bringing this article that will serve as a support, where you will be taught all the requirements, where you should go and everything about the Successor Tax Information Registry (RIF) Don’t leave it for later! And start managing your Successor Declaration Act.
What are the Requirements for the Declaration of Succession?
In order to correctly carry out a Succession Declaration, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registry of Fiscal Information (RIF) current Successor of the Causative (owner of the goods).
- Online declaration: Definitive Declaration of Inheritance Tax.
- If the payment of an Inheritance Tax corresponds to you, you must submit the payment form of the itself, duly paid in a bank nationwide.
- Death certificate of the deceased (whose assets have been inherited).
- Marriage certificate of the deceased (if applicable) *.
- Divorce judgment with its respective distribution of assets **.
- Birth certificate of the heirs issued by the Civil Registry. Affiliate data can also be submitted.
- Legible photocopy of the national identity card of the deceased and of each of the heirs.
- Register that certifies the main residence of one of the heirs.
- If it is necessary to include an heir in representation of a previously deceased relative, a copy of the birth certificate and a copy of the death certificate of the same must be added.
Documents Needed for the Declaration of Succession
In addition, within the requirements for the Successor Declaration, a series of documents must be taken into account that certify the property to be inherited and the debts that the deceased relative had at the time of his death. These documents are:
Documents of the asset to inherit
- Property titles of each of the assets to inherit.
- Bank certifications of the deceased with their respective account cuts *.
- To inherit a company: Commercial register, balance sheet and profit and loss statement (all signed by an attached public accountant).
- In case of inheriting positions in shares: Certification where the market value of the shares is endorsed, made on security paper endorsed by an accountant.
- In the case of a company or participation: Documents where the participation is duly accredited.
Liability Documents for the Succession Declaration
- Ballot or invoice stating all the expenses that the deceased had to face, caused by the last illness he suffered.
- Debts in the name of the deceased.
- Ballot or invoice indicating all embalming, burial, funeral and / or burial expenses.
When and Where is the Succession Declaration Filed?
Once the Succession Declaration has been made, it must be submitted by the heirs of the deceased person before the 180-day period. Said presentation will have to be made before any headquarters authorized for these processes of the Integrated National Service of Customs and Tax Administration (SENIAT).
As we mentioned previously, the Succession Tax Information Registry (RIF) is one of the essential requirements to obtain the Succession Declaration. Next, we will tell you the requirements and the steps to follow to get it online:
- Legible copy of the Identity Card of the deceased (deceased relative from whom the assets were inherited).
- Death certificate of the deceased.
- Divorce judgment with its respective separation of assets (if applicable).
- Marriage certificate of the deceased.
- Registry of Tax Information (RIF) and identity card of the heirs.
- If you do not have heirs, present the Tax Information Registry (RIF) and identity card of the parents *.
- If you do not have heirs and both parents of the deceased are deceased, the birth certificate, the Tax Information Registry (RIF) and the identity card of each of the siblings must be attached.
- Any type of document that certifies the address of the main domicile.
* If one or both parents are deceased, their death certificates must be presented.
Steps to complete the process
- First, go to the SENIAT web portal (you can enter by pressing this link).
- Locate the “Online Systems” tab.
- Press the option “RIF Registration” (it is the first box of Online Systems).
- Once the other window is open, where it says “Type of person” you must select “Succession with ID” or “Succession without ID.”
- The boxes that you must fill in with the information requested will be unlocked.
- Then hit the register button.
Once the succession request has been made, either with a certificate or without a certificate, you will be given a form with a control number, which it is recommended to have on hand to quickly find all the data of the process. Keep reading more of this document here!
Steps to register on the SENIAT platform
To be able to register on the website of the Integrated National Service of Customs and Tax Administration (SENIAT) and manage all your procedures, you must have an Identity Card, Tax Information Registry (RIF) and an email address (e-mail ). Then, you must follow the steps described below:
- First, go to the SENIAT web portal (you can enter by pressing this link).
- Go to the section that says “SENIAT online” located at the top left of the page.
- Click on “Natural Person”.
- Then, a small window will open where you must press the “Register” option.
- Another additional window will open called “Register of Taxpayers to the Portal”, where you must enter your Identity Card or Tax Information Register number (RIF).
- Once you have filled in the box with the document in question, press “Search”.
- Next, the portal will request a series of data, such as: Date of birth, place of birth, nationality, among others.
- Click “continue”.
- Then, the portal will ask you to establish a secret password with the specifications described there.
- Select one or more security questions as requested by the system, these will help you recover your password in case you forget it.
- Subsequently, you will have to enter your email address. An email will be sent to this e-mail that will allow you to complete the process of inscription.
- Go to the inbox of the email you entered (in case of not getting the SENIAT email, check the SPAM tray), where you will get a message with the code to complete the process.
- You must enter the previous code on the SENIAT registration page where you were, select the “Accept” button and that’s it!
Finally, we recommend that you make a list (it can be on your cell phone, in a notebook, among others) that includes the secret password, the security questions and their respective answers. Process your Succession Declaration!
What is it?
A Probate Declaration is a document that must be processed by the relatives of a person who has died. Said document will allow the heirs to dispose of a portion of the real estate and / or assets that were the property of the deceased in life. Likewise, with this document they will be able to sell, modify and put in their name any of the assets.
As we mentioned before, we know that this is not an easy process, as it requires time, money and dedication, which add to the grief over having lost an important person. That is why we have made this article for you.
We hope that all the information in the article has been useful to you. ” Requirements for the Declaration of Succession: Documents, RIF and MORE ”. In the same way, we wish you strength in these difficult times and good luck in taking the pertinent steps to obtain the Succession Declaration.
Thank you very much for reading our Probate Requirements article!
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar